Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Poll] Sneak, will you be using it?

WellzyCWellzyC Member UncommonPosts: 599

It seems to be a very popular mechanic in Skyrim, but  will you be using it in TESO?

There isn't a lot of details on how sneak will work in TESO. Will it be stealth? will it be pve only sneak? a variation on both?

But the question is, will you be training Sneak on your main?

The way mmo's were: Community, Exploration, Character Development, Conquest.

The way mmo's are now : Cut-Scenes,Cut-Scenes, solo Questing, Cut-Scenes...

www.CeaselessGuild.com

Comments

• rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973

I'll train it as a primary skill. Stealth/Archery is my preferred RPG playstyle.

I really hope, though, that for this game they don't let you just disappear out in the open. There should be an obfuscation of your character, but you should have to be in shadows or obscurred by the environment in some way. It always bugs me when people just magically disappear in an open grassland.

• pokrakpokrak Member UncommonPosts: 111
    Nah no sneaking for my Orc warrior!
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    From what I read everyone gets sneak, it will use up your stamina just like block and sprint. So its not a perma thing. You also use stamina for your attacks so you really need to pick when you use them.
  • ZanthornZanthorn Member Posts: 95
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    From what I read everyone gets sneak, it will use up your stamina just like block and sprint. So its not a perma thing. You also use stamina for your attacks so you really need to pick when you use them.

would not want it any other way,as that is how the SP games are.

Just in case anyone missed it in the Introduction video : http://youtu.be/8AkiQBc2moY , watch very closely at 2:30 + , if it works like that at release then I am a happy backstabbing,spell throwing,arrow flinging dark elf.

• deakondeakon Member Posts: 583

Originally posted by Nanfoodle From what I read everyone gets sneak, it will use up your stamina just like block and sprint. So its not a perma thing. You also use stamina for your attacks so you really need to pick when you use them.

I think it uses stamina as you move but not when stationary, could be wrong tho, cba to find where i heard it atm

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    I rarely use sneak.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Ever since the Thief games and Morrowind I have always made my Elder Scrolls toons a light armor, sneaking, thieving, and archery using character.  I hope I can still do the same with TESO.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by rodingo
    Ever since the Thief games and Morrowind I have always made my Elder Scrolls toons a light armor, sneaking, thieving, and archery using character.  I hope I can still do the same with TESO.

Pickpocketing isn't in ESO.

• azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    Originally posted by immodium

The only reason why pickpocketing is in the game (at release) is because ZOS don't think being pickpocketed is fun. But considering that the entire criminal system have been pushed back to after release, it doesn't seem to matter much. You can still steal from NPCs though, well crates laying around in cities....or at least they said that we could.

We are going to have to wait for the release of the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood to do something else than fighting mobs and discovering old tomes I'm afraid.

• AmegashieAmegashie Member UncommonPosts: 289
    ( x ) Depends on how it will be implemented in game.
  • immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by azarhal
    Originally posted by immodium

The only reason why pickpocketing is in the game (at release) is because ZOS don't think being pickpocketed is fun. But considering that the entire criminal system have been pushed back to after release, it doesn't seem to matter much. You can still steal from NPCs though, well crates laying around in cities....or at least they said that we could.

We are going to have to wait for the release of the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood to do something else than fighting mobs and discovering old tomes I'm afraid.

Not just ZOS. Like mentioned above it depends on how its implemented. Pickpocketing in Skyrim was completely stupid and easy.

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    Sneak ...for me...is very important