Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Yeah, idk  man this was a strange one. Not sure what to think about Trion now with this and End of Nations... I'll check outthe series though.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

You might start by explaining how you come up thinking it was a open world pvp game?

From their own website:

Competitive Multiplayer

Ark Hunting is a competitive business, and what better way to monopolize the market than by taking down your competitors in brutal combat. Ark Hunters can go toe to toe with whatever arsenal they’ve earned, competing in an array of maps and game types.
    From team-based Shadow War to all-out Deathmatches, there is plenty of fragging to do on the new frontier!

• CelusiosCelusios Member UncommonPosts: 337
    To be honest, this game won't last a year. It's poorly developed and resembles the games you always see on consoles to go with movies.
  • Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

yes you are wrong!

when they talking about open world they mean about game designe not  pvp.

Originally posted by Agent_Joseph

yes you are wrong!

You classify this as open world? You are on channels and it's hard as hell to find a group because it's console UI ported over.

• r3dl4ncer3dl4nce Member UncommonPosts: 114
    Originally posted by Celusios

yes you are wrong!

You classify this as open world? You are on channels and it's hard as hell to find a group because it's console UI ported over.

The new quick menu to see people in the area, to form party, to reach party membes in their istance, is working very well.

The game is open world to do quests and missions and arkfalls.

Originally posted by r3dl4nce

yes you are wrong!

The new quick menu to see people in the area, to form party, to reach party membes in their istance, is working very well.

It's instanced as can be. As soon as you enter a mission zone it takes you away from the rest of the world. It's not very open world. 

• r3dl4ncer3dl4nce Member UncommonPosts: 114

yes you are wrong!

It's instanced as can be. As soon as you enter a mission zone it takes you away from the rest of the world. It's not very open world. 

It's called phasing and it's used both by WoW and by SW:TOR, both open world MMORPG. After you have finished the phased main mission, if you go back to the mission zone, you can complete a mission with all the other players in the zone...

• LeetheLeethe Member UncommonPosts: 893

yes you are wrong!

Phasing only happens with co-op maps and companion missions. The vast majority of missions are set in the open world and you can get help from whoever is passing by. The UI reminds me of borderlands with added MMO complication but it does need work. 

There is NO miracle patch.

95% of what you see in beta won't change by launch.

Hope is not a stategy.

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Originally posted by ellobo29
    explain.....

It is just your imagination. trion never said anything about open world pvp.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

yes you are wrong!

i am sorry ,I know you dislike this game,why not just move to play your favorite games!

• Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780

theres a thing called shadwo wars, but you turn it on and off as you wish so its not real open world pvp with two sides ect

So NONON no proper world pvp.

• ellobo29ellobo29 Member UncommonPosts: 423
    ugh....this makes me sad. sorry i got the wrong idea from another post here (guess i should have looked at the main website) explaning the shadow wars. Made it seem like epic scale pvp where u couldnt turn off the pvp if you wanted too. 
  • TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130

With videos like this, I can understand why ANYONE would be confused with it being open world PVP....

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/602/view/videos/play/2960/Competitive-PvP-Video.html

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

OP: If you ever played Rift you know that Trion is as good in creating open world pvp as Blizzard is in balacing classes.

Trion-pvp = Afterthought patchwork.

And this is what it feels like in Defiance.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    ugh....this makes me sad. sorry i got the wrong idea from another post here (guess i should have looked at the main website) explaning the shadow wars. Made it seem like epic scale pvp where u couldnt turn off the pvp if you wanted too. 

Try Planetside 2 I think that is what you are looking for. Basically its Defiance but PvP. I'm digging the PvE focus of Defiance.

• EtherignisEtherignis Member UncommonPosts: 249
    Yeah PS2 is the way too go for pvp, Trion probably didnt go with open pvp because of some people dont like being ganked.
  • faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940
    To be honest, this game won't last a year. It's poorly developed and resembles the games you always see on consoles to go with movies.

the feel of playing it and the feel of seeing videos on youtube is different.

• PanthienPanthien Member UncommonPosts: 559
    Originally posted by Tinybina

With videos like this, I can understand why ANYONE would be confused with it being open world PVP....

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/602/view/videos/play/2960/Competitive-PvP-Video.html

Other then showing there is an pvp option I dont see how it suggests its open pvp, then again any rational person would check the feature list.

Its as suggestive as this trailer ( wsg trailer) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq4DyZkeizU

Heck even this trailer suggests open pvp more then the defiance pvp gameplay : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY6sYnBujQ8

• ch0sen0nech0sen0ne Member UncommonPosts: 87

but this interview here is all about Open World PvP mixed in with PvE? lolwut?

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/10/16/defiance-takes-the-lid-off-of-its-open-world-pvp/

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Volgore

OP: If you ever played Rift you know that Trion is as good in creating open world pvp as Blizzard is in balacing classes.

Trion-pvp = Afterthought patchwork.

And this is what it feels like in Defiance.

Disagree RIFT Wpvp was the best on the market (themepark)when released. PvP dailies were great. It would turn into guild wars. PvP was everywhere in RIFT when I played.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser
    explain.....

It is just your imagination. trion never said anything about open world pvp.

and, the shadow war DOES take place in open world, just on specific areas tho :)

you can't go around and kill anyone who's pissing you off. so no. actually this game has no open world pvp (aka 'ganking')

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• SuperPanekiSuperPaneki Member Posts: 62
    The Shadow War is Open-world pvp. You fight in a 50 versus 50 players zone. There is competitive pvp like the bgs in WoW too.