Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whats your overal score?

mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356

Ill give it 5/10 and Im being generous here. All my playtime in beta I tried to find a single thing that I actually liked. And I couldnt. Everything felt so bland, secondary and half-cooked.

Whats your score?

Comments

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    couldn't say till i get more time in the foundry since that's main reason i'm playing

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051
    Better than the last weekend beta I was in for it...
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Will there be a character wipe or not?
  • Nicksino999Nicksino999 Member Posts: 11
    5/10 i say is about right...some people will like it...but this is not a home, this is like staying by your buddies house for 2 weeks while you find a home, but your totally annoyed by his bitch girlfriend and they are always fighting.  This is the rare time in an MMO i couldnt make it past lvl 10...and I hate that but i just couldnt do it.
  • Nicksino999Nicksino999 Member Posts: 11
    Originally posted by Mannish

why do people still ask this...99% of betas have character wipes..only recent one i think of is Path of Exiles, but its no an MMO.

• FluxiiFluxii Member Posts: 184

I agree; I've defended CO and STO, but I just can't do it for this one. This just felt thrown together and truely like a F2P game.  Animations felt stiff, combat was akward (people complain about TSW?), and the graphics felt quite dated. 

I guess the combat wasn't so much akward, but for instance, when my warrior swung his sword, every swipe felt like he was "straining" to get it back and forth.  I guess it goes back to being stiff.  The wizard wasn't as bad I guess, but he just stood there launching things.

If you're bitching about combat being "boring in games at this point" and how "everything should be more like GW2", don't bother.  You'll be bored to tears.

I grew up on 2nd Ed. too and this just feels wierd to me too.  I hate to say it but DDO still feels more relevant than this.

I guess 5/10 too.

• GiffenGiffen Member UncommonPosts: 276
    I would give it a 6/10.  People who are easily entertained may find this game fun for a month or so, the rest of us probably won't last past the first weekend.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Originally posted by Nicksino999

why do people still ask this...99% of betas have character wipes..only recent one i think of is Path of Exiles, but its no an MMO.

Because its a valid question. Some have wipes and some dont even in the closed phase. If you would think before you posted you would see that you are saying the same thing in your reply.

Originally posted by bestever
    Yeah lets score a game while its in beta lol what a joke just like most of the post on these forums. Seems like no ones a gamer anymore but a bunch of self made critics. I'll play the game and enjoy it for what it is and its fun. 

Right, because FF, AoC, SWTOR, WAR, DF, oooh Tabla Rasa, Auto Assault, Matrix Online... (and we know we could list a lot more, just tossing a few out).

Cuz no-one ever said anything in those BETAs right?  Hell... look at shyt that was criticized in GW2 (everyone's darling) that's still not or just being ironed out.

Why do people think some MAGIC patch is going to come in a day before launch and make everything better?

• MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632

Im only lvl 14 by now.

Havent seen pvp yet.

Havent tried the foundry content.

Havent been in a dungeon yet.

From what I have seen so far, I give it a:

To keep it short, I dont see a whole lot of depth or meaning behind the characters or gameplay.  It is alot of left mouse button and little else.  Timely and critical decision making skills are not necessary or required.

Hopefully when I see the rest of the content it will be better.  However, getting through 50 or 60 levels of on rails pve content is unlikely to happen here.

Originally posted by Nicksino999

Because its a valid question. Some have wipes and some dont even in the closed phase. If you would think before you posted you would see that you are saying the same thing in your reply.

almost positive there will be a wipe as they raised xp for the beta weekends to allow people to get further into the game

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    Yeah lets score a game while its in beta lol what a joke just like most of the post on these forums. Seems like no ones a gamer anymore but a bunch of self made critics. I'll play the game and enjoy it for what it is and its fun. 

^ this

reviewing a beta is like going 100% full retard. And it gets more popular each time.

MMO devs should stop doing public betas, simple as that.

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

Originally posted by Fluxii

Right, because FF, AoC, SWTOR, WAR, DF, oooh Tabla Rasa, Auto Assault, Matrix Online... (and we know we could list a lot more, just tossing a few out).

Cuz no-one ever said anything in those BETAs right?  Hell... look at shyt that was criticized in GW2 (everyone's darling) that's still not or just being ironed out.

Why do people think some MAGIC patch is going to come in a day before launch and make everything better?

Never said anything about a MAGIC patch did I? Nope said I'll play it for what it is and enjoy it because I'm a gamer and thats what I do. I don't sit around QQing about dumb shit thats FREE

Then why did you comment about it being in BETA? Shouldn't make any difference when people comment then should it?  Or did you forget that part?

Originally posted by FromHell

^ this

reviewing a beta is like going 100% full retard. And it gets more popular each time.

MMO devs should stop doing public betas, simple as that.

Public BETA's mean games are close to being released.  How much BETTER are the games going to get?  HOW retarded do you have to be to think it's going to drastically change?

MOST public BETAs have helped games where they shouldn't have cyz fanboi's REFUSE to say anything negative (huh, look what's happening) especially if THEY'VE SPENT MONEY to get into it.

Then a month after release everyone if on these forums QQ'ing about the damn games.

• arrannycarrannyc Member UncommonPosts: 7

5/10. Perhaps I'm jaded, but I have been trying to force myself to continue hoping it gets better. I don't know what it is, but there is nothing really driving me to continue and see more of the game/world.

I feel rather disconnected to my character. I feel the character models and animations, particuarly the running animation is very clunky.

• Kaijin2k3Kaijin2k3 Member Posts: 558

I'd put it on 8 / 10 in terms of "does it actually work yet?" Encountered a few bugs, but no massive issues.

For personal enjoyment, probably a 6. Perhaps I've just grown tired of the "everything is easy until max level raid" thing going. I'm just not going to invest so many hours in the hopes I'll enjoy the max level content if everything is boring me.

But as I said, in terms of the game actually working, at least my girlfriend and I did not experience any issues asside from a few non gamebreaking bugs. So can't really comment on that.

As for commenting on betas, betas and demos should be the time to both test for bugs and give feedback and comment on the general vibe, consensus and attitude of the people playing. It's still in development, and while very slim there's always a chance that changes may be made to better the game if enough of the interested players feel a certain way.

Not after it's final. The idea to withhold thoughts and judgement until everything is finalised is utterly backwards, as by then for many games it's too late.

In this case, being a free2play, I feel it doesn't matter too much as the gateway to entry is always, well, free. Just personal thoughts on that =P

• MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632
    Originally posted by arrannyc

5/10. Perhaps I'm jaded, but I have been trying to force myself to continue hoping it gets better. I don't know what it is, but there is nothing really driving me to continue and see more of the game/world.

I feel rather disconnected to my character. I feel the character models and animations, particuarly the running animation is very clunky.

Please dont go full retard

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

Addressing the first part of your post, you realize the release is expected for sometime in the next two months right?  How much change do you honestly think is going to happen in the next two months?  Trust me, what you are seeing now is EXACTLY what you are going to see at launch.  Unless Craptic delays the release and misses the "early 2013" date, an opinion now about the game is worth just as much as an opinion in two months at launch.

As for your second comment, I'm glad you found a free game you enjoy.  When lockboxes get introduced for all the high-end loot, I hope you still enjoy your time in the game.

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• EzhaeEzhae Member UncommonPosts: 735

Sadly, the 4th edition ruleset only makes things worse in this case. It's not the D&D i grew up with and I find it hard to enjoy the rather limited classes with only handful of skills and strict weapon limits. I try to enjoy the game but it's really with what 4th ed brought to the table. 

As far as gameplay goes, the combat slows down a lot around level 20 and becomes a chore whenever you run into "stronger" mob. The fact that zones have those stronger mobs in every pack pretty much doesn't help. My hopes lie in foundry and community created content on that front really since maybe they will manage to pace it better. 

Graphics wise... I don't mind most of the game It doesn't look amaizng but it's not terrible either, except character faces. For some reason Cryptic can't ever get those right and they look like from 10 years ago. Doesn't help the skin on character models looks like coat of wax either. Armor looks progression seems ot be generic strict visual progression, with every level tier having it's looks which in turn makes everyone look the same. 

All in all it feels and plays rather medicore at this stage and there isn't much that could be done to help it. All this game does is make me want to replay NwN2 yet again.

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

2/10. The graphics are mediocre at best, the animations are lackluster, the environments are boring, the character models are horrifically bad, the engine is a resource hog, the voice acting is laughable, the setting is garbage, and the ruleset I've already made my feelings quite clear on in several other threads.

There's just nothing enjoyable about this game.

• miconamicona Member UncommonPosts: 677

Am a Lotro fan since the game came out and Neverwinter will not replace it , decent 2nd mmo when i have time to spare.

• Kaijin2k3Kaijin2k3 Member Posts: 558
    People keep saying this is 4e's fault... Don't know, I didn't see much of 4e actually in it outside of name usage. Most of everything is different to how 4e plays. But perhaps that's just me.
  • Alber_gamerAlber_gamer Member UncommonPosts: 588

Kinda stupid to judge a game missing half its quests, half its content, classes, features and... the Foundry.

So I won't evaluate its current state, but its potential is very, very high, mainly thanks to the Foundry. That we can make whatever content we want means that we won't have to blame the game for being too casual or too hard, too linear or too sandboxy. We'll just play what we want to play.

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

Originally posted by Alber_gamer

Kinda stupid to judge a game missing half its quests, half its content, classes, features and... the Foundry.

So I won't evaluate its current state, but its potential is very, very high, mainly thanks to the Foundry. That we can make whatever content we want means that we won't have to blame the game for being too casual or too hard, too linear or too sandboxy. We'll just play what we want to play.

for me if a game plays horrible, i hate the look, it doesn't grab me out the gate i probably won't put much time into it(just too many games out their right now).. having said that aside from some minor quirks like the running animations, character models, and rooting i don't have any major issues with neverwinter as all i expected was a dungeon crawler with a creation tool.. i have limited time with the tool and well see how it turns out overall but for me the game rests on how much I enjoy making my own content.. anything else is just extra..

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777

8 out of 10 easy

It would be a 9 but I am not even going to try PvP in this game since its D&D...so, no PvP is a -1

Graphics are fine, doesnt need to be realistic and fits the setting. 7/10

Sound is spot on. 10/10

Skills are well rounded and deep enough for the action combat 8/10

Story is right around NeverWinter Nights 1 quality 8/10

Animations could use some work, not perfect but way above TSW thats for sure 7/10

Havent created via foundry yet however have tested a few of the bigger foundry quests which shows a TON can be created with it 10/10

PvE up to mid 20s is great, solo friendly and dungeons scale wonderfully to group play. 8/10

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson