Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Awesome "first-time-impression"! What's the catch?

124»

Comments

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237
    Originally posted by jazz.be

Two simple questions

Does the game have any open world type of zones? Or should I mostly expect dungeons.  Don't bring my attention to the name of the game, I can see that, I just need to know for sure. :-)

At what level do you start doing things in group?

Not in the way you think.  There are 'outside' areas (and well done if I might add) but they are only so big and serve the purpose of a questing and more dungeons.  

This isn't an exploratory type of game.  Think of it more as an efficient dungeon crawler.  Reminds me of Etrian Odyssey if you ever played that.  You dont walk place to place.  You select where you want to go and then go to that instance.

Actually works for me (at least for now in the beta) so I can focus on the dungeon crawling and progression.  Concerns that there is not enough quest pathing (only one path atm), not enough content to satisfy past max level, or true freedom in character progression.

But as this is beta anything can change.  Ill enjoy it while I can.. 

• aromeroaromero Member Posts: 49

Originally posted by Doogiehowser
    Originally posted by aromero   Originally posted by Vesavius Originally posted by Doogiehowser Defiance, POE, NWN and GW2..can't go wrong with this combo in summer.
        Good for you playing NWN, I was worried for a sec you was gonna be playing the dull and pedestrian looking Neverwinter MMO there for a second.
      Lol haha, err if it sounds that bad then my expectations have been lowered once more...dunno about this game but I hear it's good then I hear it's bad. GW2 sucks to me...
    The day i start listening to what people say here on forums i wouldn't have one MMO left to play. Game is free to download and play..you got nothing to lose by trying it and make your own decision.

Yes, which is why am I am playing it now...pretty good so far.

• Alber_gamerAlber_gamer Member UncommonPosts: 588
    Originally posted by aromero

Originally posted by Doogiehowser

Originally posted by aromero  

Originally posted by Vesavius

Originally posted by Doogiehowser Defiance, POE, NWN and GW2..can't go wrong with this combo in summer.
        Good for you playing NWN, I was worried for a sec you was gonna be playing the dull and pedestrian looking Neverwinter MMO there for a second.
      Lol haha, err if it sounds that bad then my expectations have been lowered once more...dunno about this game but I hear it's good then I hear it's bad. GW2 sucks to me...
    The day i start listening to what people say here on forums i wouldn't have one MMO left to play. Game is free to download and play..you got nothing to lose by trying it and make your own decision.

Yes, which is why am I am playing it now...pretty good so far.

Spot on. The qualified media is giving good reviews, so anyone interested should definitely try it to make their own opinion of the game rather than hear it from these nobodys that just besmirch a game because they think it'll steal players from another game that interests them more.

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356

The rule "Never trust reviews, check for yourself" proved to be right again. Tried it. Left it with a laugh at how bad it was.

Back to TERA which I actually enjoying alot.

• NobleNerdNobleNerd Member UncommonPosts: 759
    Originally posted by MadDemon64

I assure you that all the hate is unfounded.  People for some reason just want to hate on them for the sake of hate.  I have yet to see a single legitimate complaint about the companies.

"Their games have lockboxes so therefore they suck".  Well so does TERA, Aion, and Guild Wars 2, but I don't hear you complaining about that.

"They are pay to win with the ability to buy stuff like armor".  That is a straight up lie.  The only thing they have that could give give cash shoppers an edge are certain weapon enhancements that are readily available to non cash shoppers via a bit of hard work and/or the auction house.  Other than that its costumes, mounts, and pets, none of which give the cash shoppers the advantage.

"Cryptic and PWE sucks".  This complaint that gives no reasoning or explanation whatsoever is perhaps the most common complaint I have seen.  The people who post them are either too lazy to come up with a lame excuse or realize that their argument isn't valid but don't want to change their mind out of vindictiveness.

I assure you, just about everyone who says that Cryptic/PWE is bad is either making stuff up or complaining about something that they don't understand fully about the game.  Very rarely people who complain about Cryptic/PWE have a legitimate complaint, but when that happens it is something that is wrong with the game and not the publishers/developers.

Agree and sick of the, I played for 5 mins and this game sucks. I've played to lvl 20 this beta and 28 last beta and it gets better and better.

That example you gave yourself is a prime example of what it means to have an unfair advantage and thus make people feel items are pay to win. Yes it is available elsewhere but at a greater disadvantage to those that choose to not dish out real money for them.

I would rather see the cash shop evolve. Put everything in it at a balanced pricing to the in game value. If you want it through real money then buy it. If you want it through in game currency then go that route. Then make it so you can trade in game currency for real money. Make all if it focused and driven by the players.

• strangepowersstrangepowers Member UncommonPosts: 630

Originally posted by bestever
    Originally posted by mindw0rk The rule "Never trust reviews, check for yourself" proved to be right again. Tried it. Left it with a laugh at how bad it was. Back to TERA which I actually enjoying alot.
    lol tera the go kill the same mob 5 million times game. Got to love this one.

A lot!

• DomikoDomiko Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Originally posted by Alber_gamer
    They should really remove the option to activate a sparkling trail so people can stop ruining the game for themselves. As someone memorably quoted "You can take the stupid from a game, but you can't take the stupid from people".

You have option to take it off, "V" key if i remember right.

• gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 250
    Originally posted by Domiko
    Originally posted by Alber_gamer
    They should really remove the option to activate a sparkling trail so people can stop ruining the game for themselves. As someone memorably quoted "You can take the stupid from a game, but you can't take the stupid from people".

You have option to take it off, "V" key if i remember right.

Z is te default option to turn golden trail path off.

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363

for a f2p is a good game , the only issues is the few skill to choose from

mouse 1 / 2 , auto attacks

3 skills , and 2 dailys(share CD) at low lvls that skills reset slowly but faster at higher levels , with some fate points

the dungeons were fun , but got boring after a while , kill kill kill ,potion , click on something , kill kill kill , potion

the potionfest is the 2nd thing that kills the game , u are invincible , low cd ,heals for a lot (1k , 2k....thats nearly full )

mobs arent hard,  the only 1 is the captain in that skirmirsh at lvl 20~ teleport and 4k dmg hit ? teleport teleport teleport annoying as hell

traps ? meh

puzzles? where? oh turn some statues boho...

models are awfull :S , the characters look horrible , and using the same armor / weapon model for 25 lvls only change color ><

but the game runs well , 0 Crashes , 0 DCs , some bugs here and there but nothing game breaking...

fun game but was expecting more D&D feel in dungeons