Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Most solid MMO graphics engine of 2013

kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854

This games engine might not please the picky people, but I think this games engine will be the best of 2013 for an MMO. Running the benchmark on a fairly crappy PC it looks better than WoW on max. During the benchmark where all the people are in the town, the scores don't drop as much as it does on the shadowing and foliage. So my bet is that this game will be able to handle alot of people on the screen without a huge FPS drop.

P.S I refer to WoW cause on a crappy P.C. WoW handles terribly bad.

Comments

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by kabitoshin

This games engine might not please the picky people, but I think this games engine will be the best of 2013 for an MMO. Running the benchmark on a fairly crappy PC it looks better than WoW on max. During the benchmark where all the people are in the town, the scores don't drop as much as it does on the shadowing and foliage. So my bet is that this game will be able to handle alot of people on the screen without a huge FPS drop.

Bitch please:

In terms of pure graphics goodness in a optimised client EVE-Online has yet to be beat.

• cruelcyniccruelcynic Member Posts: 11
    Originally posted by Dihoru

Bitch please:

In terms of pure graphics goodness in a optimised client EVE-Online has yet to be beat.

No offense but that is a very apples to oranges comparison. Making mostly empty space pretty is much easier than any world with players, environment, plants, animals, etc.

• AntiquatedAntiquated Member RarePosts: 1,415
    Originally posted by cruelcynic

No offense but that is a very apples to oranges comparison. Making mostly empty space pretty is much easier than any world with players, environment, plants, animals, etc.

Aw, you were supposed to step up to the plate with game #3.

A) Best evah. B) No wai, B is bettah. C)....

• lifeordinarylifeordinary Member Posts: 646

Bitch please:

Comparing a wallpaper esque background with actual living breathign world full of mountains, rivers, vegetation, trees, animals, NPC, cities and list goes on. 

Seriously?

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

Bitch please:

And how much terrain,NPC movements,trees,foilage ect do you see in EVE?

Exactly you can't compare a ground based MMO with a space based one.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

I think ArcheAge's graphic engine looks better.

It's a bit early to start talking about most solid graphic engine of 2013 since the year is only beginning.

• EtherignisEtherignis Member UncommonPosts: 249
    I cant until this game launch again
  • jimdandy26jimdandy26 Member Posts: 527
    Op needs to pass the pipe and stop taking hits. Seriously. Also, upgrade your frakking pc! People like you are why we are still stuck on dx9.

I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won.

To exercise power costs effort and demands courage. That is why so many fail to assert rights to which they are perfectly entitled - because a right is a kind of power but they are too lazy or too cowardly to exercise it. The virtues which cloak these faults are called patience and forbearance.

Originally posted by lifeordinary

Bitch please:

Comparing a wallpaper esque background with actual living breathign world full of mountains, rivers, vegetation, trees, animals, NPC, cities and list goes on. 

Seriously?

He was talking about engines, graphical fidelity to requirements, not applications so unless you wanna talk out your ass some more pipe down before I point out how "living breathing" generic themepark MMO worlds are (for example if you step into said river does its current pull you along? does the vegetations sway in the wind? do the animals migrate according to seasons or at least have a daily behaviour pattern, IE some nocturnal some diurnal, etc? no? then your game not only looks worse off comparatively but is also a static, tridimensional painting).

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Sorry but Eve cant begin to compare.
    Originally posted by Mannish
    Sorry but Eve cant begin to compare.

Opinion or fact?

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    He was talking about engines, graphical fidelity to requirements, not applications so unless you wanna talk out your ass some more pipe down before I point out how "living breathing" generic themepark MMO worlds are (for example if you step into said river does its current pull you along? does the vegetations sway in the wind? do the animals migrate according to seasons or at least have a daily behaviour pattern, IE some nocturnal some diurnal, etc? no? then your game not only looks worse off comparatively but is also a static, tridimensional painting).

Huh? you sure he is the one talking out of his ass? read the OP again, even better i will copy paste and highlight it for you....

When OP is clearly talking about the amount of stress the graphic engine can  take and render all these people in town etc with good frame rates why the hell did you even bring EVE engine up for comparison? *rolls eyes*

As far as river pulling you along with current and movement in vegetation etc, have you  played any MMO in passt 5 years? GW2, AOC hell even LOTRO has it all and these are just few examples top of my head.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

Originally posted by Doogiehowser

Huh? you sure he is the one talking out of his ass? read the OP again, even better i will copy paste and highlight it for you....

When OP is clearly talking about the amount of stress the graphic engine can  take and render all these people in town etc with good frame rates why the hell did you even bring EVE engine up for comparison? *rolls eyes*

As far as river pulling you alogn with current and movement in vegetation etc, ahve you even played any MMo in passt 5 years? who in their right mind would even ask such a  dumb quesyion?

-sighs- talking about things you don't have any idea is painfully obvious to those who know at least some basic idea, the Carbon engine is superior to the Crystal Tools engine (both in terms of scaleability and more importantly FPS in high object environments).

Now if the fanbois want it I can proceed to prove how even World of Tanks has a better engine even if that game's engine lack optimization ^^.

Edit: Nope, played both LOTR and GW2, can't say beyond maybe water pulling you along that the world is "living breathing", can't say anything about AoC as I haven't gotten around to it (tried it back during its early F2P days but the restrictions irked me too much).

As far as river pulling you alogn with current and movement in vegetation etc, ahve you even played any MMo in passt 5 years? who in their right mind would even ask such a  dumb quesyion?

-sighs- talking about things you don't have any idea is painfully obvious to those who know at least some basic idea, the Carbon engine is superior to the Crystal Tools engine (both in terms of scaleability and more importantly FPS in high object environments).

Now if the fanbois want it I can proceed to prove how even World of Tanks has a better engine even if that game's engine lack optimization ^^.

Ehmmm....the comparison is nonsense because OP is talking about the amount of stress the engine takes when rendering various objects. On the other hand EVE engine doesn't even get stressed to same amount as FFXIV for the obvious reasons others already mentioned.

But yeah keep comparing apple to oranges because you have this deep need to feel right on the internet. Unless EVE ONLINE is rendering similar objects like FFXIV engine i have no idea why the hell would anyone even make comparison in that department.

How many other MMOS are using EVE ONLINE engine right now? which are not just rendering empty space?

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

Ehmmm....the comparison is nonsense because OP is talking about the amount of stress the engine takes when rendering various objects. On the other hand EVE engine doesn't even get stressed to same amount as FFXIV for the obvious reasons others already mentioned.

But yeah keep comparing apple to oranges because you have this deep need to feel right on the internet. Unless EVE ONLINE is rendering similar objects like FFXIV engine i have no idea why the hell would anyone even make comparison in that department.

How many other MMOS are using EVE ONLINE engine right now? which are not just rendering empty space?

Dust 514 and in the near future World of Darkness (the latter of which you'll be seeing in-game footage of in april if memory serves).

Dust 514 and in the near future World of Darkness (the latter of which you'll be seeing in-game footage of in april if memory serves).

Allright so let us make a valid comparison once we have solid gameplay experince from Dust 514 and as well as WOD? wouldn't that be more prudent? because EVE ONLINE i s not a very good example to show capabilities of the engine.

-Jesse Schell

-Luke McKinney

The stupidity of fanboys is truly amusing. This actively goes beyond mere ignorance.

To exercise power costs effort and demands courage. That is why so many fail to assert rights to which they are perfectly entitled - because a right is a kind of power but they are too lazy or too cowardly to exercise it. The virtues which cloak these faults are called patience and forbearance.

• treelotreelo Member Posts: 70

It's March.

Define a crappy PC.

Allright so let us make a valid comparison once we have solid gameplay experince from Dust 514 and as well as WOD? wouldn't that be more prudent? because EVE ONLINE i s not a very good example to show capabilities of the engine.

Arguably it is, you're talking one town/instance, in EVE you can have allot of players on the screen at the same time shooting, throwing crap at each other, various differing types of effects going off, etc, basically space being anything but empty with ships,weapon effects, missiles, drones, wrecks, deployed equpiment,etc, all of which which my laptop can render at medium settings without any issues at 50-60 fps, my laptop is a mid range acer from 2 generations ago (it's got a sandy bridge i5 and a AMD 6650 GPU with 1 gb of ram), to put this into perspective the server supporting the respective instance dies faster than I have to scale back my graphics settings to run it better... we're talking thousands of players within ~255 km of cubic space, compared to that... I will have to say ARR's engine is quaint but woefully archaic.

• Snowdon_CloudripperSnowdon_Cloudripper Member CommonPosts: 584
    Mine also the cryengine3 is awesome on full max settings damn near life like

http://absoluteretribution.enjin.com/ Guild Website and Recruitment link

Arguably it is, you're talking one town/instance, in EVE you can have allot of players on the screen at the same time shooting, throwing crap at each other, various differing types of effects going off, etc, basically space being anything but empty with ships,weapon effects, missiles, drones, wrecks, deployed equpiment,etc, all of which which my laptop can render at medium settings without any issues at 50-60 fps, my laptop is a mid range acer from 2 generations ago (it's got a sandy bridge i5 and a AMD 6650 GPU with 1 gb of ram), to put this into perspective the server supporting the respective instance dies faster than I have to scale back my graphics settings to run it better... we're talking thousands of players within ~255 km of cubic space, compared to that... I will have to say ARR's engine is quaint but woefully archaic.

Except EvE doesn't support advanced settings like DoF. 99% of the lag you experience in EvE is due to jury rigged servers. The EvE client itself really has very little work to do, its a large part of the reason why its system reqs are so low. But please, continue to show your ignorance on how graphics actually work. You being a troll or a moronic smart ass is mildly amusing.

Originally posted by jimdandy26

Except EvE doesn't support advanced settings like DoF. 99% of the lag you experience in EvE is due to jury rigged servers. The EvE client itself really has very little work to do, its a large part of the reason why its system reqs are so low. But please, continue to show your ignorance on how graphics actually work. You being a troll or a moronic smart ass is mildly amusing.

o.O Jury Rigged Servers?...  talk some more I love how you continue conversing about topics you have no idea of, unless you're stating somehow that a Realm Reborn's client handles most of the calculations client side in which case it is more cpu intensive and is a hell of allot easier to hack and cheat in.

o.O Jury Rigged Servers?...  talk some more I love how you continue conversing about topics you have no idea of, unless you're stating somehow that a Realm Reborn's client handles most of the calculations client side in which case it is more cpu intensive and is a hell of allot easier to hack and cheat in.

... Of course the graphics are handled client side. Which was the whole point. The EvE client has very little stress because it is not graphically demanding, even in massive furballs thanks to how little actual interaction is going on graphics wise. It does not support advanced graphic shader techniques for the most part because it does not need to. It has no moving parts, and generally you are so far back from the action you do not see how poor things actually look by comparison.

Now not to say that ARR looks particularly good, and frankly its far too early in the year to even think about making a statement like op did, but that atleast can be passed off as fanboy ignorance. You are either semi retarded, or trolling. I honestly hope its the former but at this point I kinda doubt it. Pro tip, when you have no clue what you are talking about (less than a wikipedia page, just so you have a reference point) then you should not argue about it, even on the internet.

... Of course the graphics are handled client side. Which was the whole point. The EvE client has very little stress because it is not graphically demanding, even in massive furballs thanks to how little actual interaction is going on graphics wise. It does not support advanced graphic shader techniques for the most part because it does not need to. It has no moving parts, and generally you are so far back from the action you do not see how poor things actually look by comparison.

Now not to say that ARR looks particularly good, and frankly its far too early in the year to even think about making a statement like op did, but that atleast can be passed off as fanboy ignorance. You are either semi retarded, or trolling. I honestly hope its the former but at this point I kinda doubt it. Pro tip, when you have no clue what you are talking about (less than a wikipedia page, just so you have a reference point) then you should not argue about it, even on the internet.

I strongly urge you to go read up on what you're talking about as this is getting sad, especially with you going "pro tip" when you can't even grasp the fundamentals of what you're talking about while stating things like "graphics interactions" by which I do hope you mean animations.  Either way take your own "pro tip" and look up what actually makes or breaks a game engine because right now you've gone into the need to insult me which proves only that you're afraid I might actually know what I am talking about which, shocker, I do so go on, get on wiki and start reading, I'll even help you with a starting point:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_engine

Yeah, interactions. Those things that allow realistic lighting for example, or to show actual ship damage as you take a beating. Eve supports none of that. ARR supporting realistic lighting, Dof, fxaa, saoo,etc alone puts it miles above Eve. Please take your own advice, you are only hurting yourself.

I strongly urge you to go read up on what you're talking about as this is getting sad, especially with you going "pro tip" when you can't even grasp the fundamentals of what you're talking about while stating things like "graphics interactions" by which I do hope you mean animations.  Either way take your own "pro tip" and look up what actually makes or breaks a game engine because right now you've gone into the need to insult me which proves only that you're afraid I might actually know what I am talking about which, shocker, I do so go on, get on wiki and start reading, I'll even help you with a starting point:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_engine

Yeah, interactions. Those things that allow realistic lighting for example, or to show actual ship damage as you take a beating. Eve supports none of that. ARR supporting realistic lighting, Dof, fxaa, saoo,etc alone puts it miles above Eve. Please take your own advice, you are only hurting yourself.

o.O

Do go on ^^ (ship damage bit is in the works btw with custom animations for capital and supercapital ship deaths and hull scarring in general).