Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Everything in this game feels like sorry

RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494

I dont have anything against cryptic as im a lifetimer of sto andd i enjoy the game form time to time but neverwinter feels a very sorry game.

From the bad animations to bad graphics to bad art to boring combat plus free aim which is a big negative to me this game can go only wrong.

The music reminds of sto with a neverwinter theme.

Im not here to bash a game or something but my first impressions are the same after playing the game with those when i saw the gameplay videos.

Sorry  but the animations are even worse than secret world

For those who diddn't get the chance to play the game you are not loosing much.

Ok what comes next?

Elder scrolls?

hmm...

Comments

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by RelGn

I dont have anything against cryptic as im a lifetimer of sto andd i enjoy the game form time to time but neverwinter feels a very sorry game.

From the bad animations to bad graphics to bad art to boring combat plus free aim which is a big negative to me this game can go only wrong.

The music reminds of sto with a neverwinter theme.

Im not here to bash a game or something but my first impressions are the same after playing the game with those when i saw the gameplay videos.

Sorry  but the animations are even worse than secret world

For those who diddn't get the chance to play the game you are not loosing much.

Ok what comes next?

Elder scrolls?

hmm...

Can't say the music reminds me of STO's, the graphics look good, better than I expected (which was around DDO level), combat feels weighty and the free aim isn't that bad in my book. Not a bad game but I'll hold off final judgement for 1-2 years after release because right now I get disconnected every 15 min due to server load XD.

• trash656trash656 Member UncommonPosts: 361
    Couln't agree more. The game is utterly boring, simplistic, and linear. Neverwinter 1 and Baldur's Gate had more to offer then this game does, and those games are not even MMO's and they were brought out over a decade ago. It seems to me the newer the MMO the more and more Dumbed down, and simplistic they become. I'm done with MMORPG's in general, I'm finding more depth in single players rpgs now.. The sheep seem to be happy with playing MMO's with less content and depth to them. Gamers seem to get dumber and dumber these days.
  • AsayagaAsayaga Member Posts: 14

It's bad that i do but i agree with you.

Singleplayer games have a kind of depth that most MMO's don't have.

I think that the community should fill that gap but lately everyone is going crazy for the perfect MMO and communities are based on powergaming kids (which isn't fun imo)

Do we live to watch anime?
    Or do we watch anime to live?

• RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494
    Originally posted by trash656
    Couln't agree more. The game is utterly boring, simplistic, and linear. Neverwinter 1 and Baldur's Gate had more to offer then this game does, and those games are not even MMO's and they were brought out over a decade ago. It seems to me the newer the MMO the more and more Dumbed down, and simplistic they become. I'm done with MMORPG's in general, I'm finding more depth in single players rpgs now.. The sheep seem to be happy with playing MMO's with less content and depth to them. Gamers seem to get dumber and dumber these days.

Thats what i m going to do dude i m going back to single player games which they have more depth.

I ll check shadowrun when it launches

• lifeordinarylifeordinary Member Posts: 646

I went in with zero expectations and actually enjoyed it quite a lot. For me customization is amazing for a game that is still in beta. And that alone will keep me interested in game.

Big thumbs up for Appearance and social clothing tab.

• HefaistosHefaistos Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Ive stoped at lvl 6. Something is not right. Next time. 
  • Monstre0auSMonstre0auS Member Posts: 46

Hi guys, I'm adding my $0.02.

I played first beta and have just spent an hour in this beta as well, from what I've played I have to say - with regards to the game being simplistic and linear, yes. I hate agreeing with you, but yes. The game is very linear at the moment. A part of the problem I imagine stemming from the fact there is nothing as a side quest to do - theres no crafting, mini-games, repeatable quests for minor rewards or anything of that matter so far...

But in Neverwinters defence, in the first 5 levels, they appear to have added more content in quest story arcs then in the first beta. I don't know if it was just me, but I think they've actually added two new quest arcs which has slowed the pace of levelling down... which is what I actually complained about in the first beta. Beta 1, you levelled far too quick and combat seemed far too easy.

I've only played the Control Wiz (which, I don't agree with the name, I'd call it an Arcane Wiz tbh) for an hour so far and have only reached level 5, but I'm pretty sure the rate of depth improvement over the first beta is a good sign that this game has a -lot- of promise. One thing I disagree with is your claim animations are poor. The combat animations for the control wiz are very decent, with the magic missles looking like your throwing hadoukens, and casting the first daily looking a bit like a cross between ninja kanji and an ice explosion.

They added a bunch of companions as well to the z store to check out, and I can imagine myself running through the game with a Cave bear! (I had a ranger in 3rd ed with a dire bear, mucho gusta).

Overall, I paid $60 for this game, coming into it with the mindset that whilst it isn't Neverwinter Nights, Baldurs Gate, Icewind Dale, Planescape: Torment, or heck, even Dark Sun, it's a D&D based game, and if I paid $60 and hated it, it'd be no more of a loss of the money I've spent on other things that I've regretted over the years (namely alcohol and my ex-girlfriends).

My verdict, $60 for a game that I get to test, have early access to, have a couple freebies when I join and won't have to pay a $1 more for (short of cosmetic microtransactions, p2pimp, not p2w or p2p), it was $60 of fun well spent.

(Btw, -so- looking forward to ESO! If I get to beta test, I will be commenting on it!) -- added via edit.

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

It's really kinda...meh to me.  I know I've got that flashy new game smell out of it, which causes me to enjoy it, but gosh...If TOR was a sharded, instanced everything game...This is even worse at it.

Its alright doing quests in a group, but meh.  I could care less about the lore really, and the combat is lacking in many areas.

• kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    Unless your a huge neverwinter fan, than this game is crap IMO.
  • kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    Originally posted by lifeordinary

I went in with zero expectations and actually enjoyed it quite a lot. For me customization is amazing for a game that is still in beta. And that alone will keep me interested in game.

Charachter animation is soo bad though,

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    My only gripe is the music.  All I think of when I hear it is CO or STO.  Otherwise, I actually am having fun as I'm not expecting it to be a deep game and will be one of those 2nd games one plays when only having a small chunk of time to blow.  The Foundry aspect alone should make this game hop post launch and Perfect World always expands their games quite quickly so it should grow fairly well.
  • Monstre0auSMonstre0auS Member Posts: 46
    Originally posted by kabitoshin
    Originally posted by lifeordinary

Charachter animation is soo bad though,

Character animation isn't -that- bad, I played a Tiefling ArcWiz for an hour, the only thing I regretted about his animations was a) as a Wiz he constantly does this two finger Bhudist palm thing, that's annoying, and b) the tail didn't have quite enough variety to convince me it was a living extension of him...

That said, the tail moved just like you'd expect it to when your running/walking (don't ask me about the tails animation while teleporting in combat, the flashy blue teleport puff the ArcWiz does is cool, so I didn't really care), and if it had a bit more variety, it'd be perfect.

When I played my human Guardian to 30 in the first beta, the combat animations were okay, (not -great great-, but not as bad as some people have made out) and the only thing I reported as a bug was a single item didn't work on the character properly graphically.

If I'm missing some great animation convention to which all games are being measured, please, educate me!