Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My horse just expired /sigh

bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

The 30 days on my horse just expired. My choices were -

A) Whip out the CC and pay 9$ for 30 gold, then buy the horse from the cash shop.

B) Buy one from a player.

I chose B. I bought one for 450 silver.  Even though I've been looking for something to buy, because I feel AoW has earned it, I just don't think a horse is worth it.

4 months in and still only paid $9 to get into the original closed beta. I'm starting to feel like a freeloader image

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"

Comments

• angelknight4angelknight4 Member Posts: 98
    Originally posted by bcbully

The 30 days on my horse just expired. My choices were -

A) Whip out the CC and pay 9$ for 30 gold, then buy the horse from the cash shop.

B) Buy one from a player.

I chose B. I bought one for 450 silver.  Even though I've been looking for something to buy, because I feel AoW has earned it, I just don't think a horse is worth it.

4 months in and still only paid $9 to get into the original closed beta. I'm starting to feel like a freeloader image

At least you paid only 10 bucks, I paid 20 bucks for Deluxe here. I orignially want to pay more and was waiting for game launch. However after playing for over 3 months, I feel that it is not even worth it. Barely anything changes in game, problem from over 3 months ago still there. Nothing fix, everything is moving at SNAIL PACE.

I am just biting my time to see how Age of Wulin will turn out to be. The game is good, but Snail will just ruin this game just like many other games already have been ruined by bad companies.

So, did you receive rewards from Valentine yet?

I sent emails to them about rewards from when CBT2 start, then X-mas, then New Year, then other rewards and they keep telling me they will look into it. Now those rewards months ago is "too long to check", so GG for customer service.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

It's the best $9 I've ever spent. Everyday is something new for me still. I think is pretty amazing that I'm still learn 4 months in with an embarassing amount of hours played.

I'm upset about not giving them anymore money... Maybe if I needed CS for something, I might have a problem. I haven't needed them for anything though. The game never crashes and everything always works. 

It's the best $9 I've ever spent. Everyday is something new for me still. I think is pretty amazing that I'm still learn 4 months in with an embarassing amount of hours played.

I'm upset about not giving them anymore money... Maybe if I needed CS for something, I might have a problem. I haven't needed them for anything though. The game never crashes and everything always works. 

Of course it is the best 9 dollars, you got more than you bargain for. However, Deluxe basically got rip off.

Did your horse ever get snail pace run speed when you book steal? Because it happens so many times even when I use the fastest horse. I heard it a bug and already been fix in Chinese version, but it seems over 3 months and they didn't even bother to fix anything.

The game is good, but the way Snail is doing things, I am not even sure they care to release the game on Feb.1 like they said before or even April.1. Since CBT2, over 3 months, bugs are still everywhere, nothing get fix at all.

Remember, you don't need to buy anything because it is still in BETA, people already paid lots of money for gold. What do you think if CS full of skills like in Chinese version?

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by angelknight4

Of course it is the best 9 dollars, you got more than you bargain for. However, Deluxe basically got rip off.

deluxe is 20.. It would have been the best 20 I've spent..

Did your horse ever get snail pace run speed when you book steal? Because it happens so many times even when I use the fastest horse. I heard it a bug and already been fix in Chinese version, but it seems over 3 months and they didn't even bother to fix anything.

No never happened. I hit people with darts and slow them though.

The game is good, but the way Snail is doing things, I am not even sure they care to release the game on Feb.1 like they said before or even April.1. Since CBT2, over 3 months, bugs are still everywhere, nothing get fix at all.

I just havent had a problem with snail. This is the least amount I've ever spent, and having such a damn good time in a game we've never seen the likes of in the west. 

Remember, you don't need to buy anything because it is still in BETA, people already paid lots of money for gold. What do you think if CS full of skills like in Chinese version?

Are you talking about the $9 bucks a month to sub? I will happily pay that. These guys at bare minimum deserve that imo. If you don't think so, don't sub, play for free.

Man people are making silver left and right and have nothing to spend it on. Idk are you one of those people that's needs everything now, just because it's there (oh boy there is a lot)? If you are Snail will gladly take you money. I honestly feel like the system is set up to exploit people like that. Better them than me...

• SybnalSybnal Member Posts: 261

Funny, I kind of agree with both of you.

I paid 20 for the deluxe, came with a couple months sub, and I MORE than got my monies worth and it was a great way to burn away the boring winter months.  It's defineitely worth a paltry 9 dollar a month sub fee if you play it past the intial free time. 

But, there is no denying the NA version (can't speak for the others) economy is borked.  The difference between the amount of money you can make and the cost of gear and especially skills is out of hand.  I thnik that would be solved if there was a larger population though.  As it is, you have to grind a little too much to buy some essential skills and items.

Also, I've yet to see any updates to speak of in the 3 months that I played.  The only thing I saw them add was holiday event shit that I couldn't care less about,  and I'm not even sure they worked.  They also cleared up a few system message translations.  Big deal.  If that is their patching cycle in BETA what the hell is going to be like at release?  Like a Vanguard schedule? A patch every two and a half years?

In short, good game, worth the money,  has a few issues but fun anyway.  Snail Games doesn't exactly strike me as the best company, but it's not like they are EA or anything.

• BigHatLoganBigHatLogan Member Posts: 688
    Originally posted by Sybnal

I paid 20 for the deluxe, came with a couple months sub, and I MORE than got my monies worth and it was a great way to burn away the boring winter months.  It's defineitely worth a paltry 9 dollar a month sub fee if you play it past the intial free time. 

But, there is no denying the NA version (can't speak for the others) economy is borked.  The difference between the amount of money you can make and the cost of gear and especially skills is out of hand.  I thnik that would be solved if there was a larger population though.  As it is, you have to grind a little too much to buy some essential skills and items.

Also, I've yet to see any updates to speak of in the 3 months that I played.  The only thing I saw them add was holiday event shit that I couldn't care less about,  and I'm not even sure they worked.  They also cleared up a few system message translations.  Big deal.  If that is their patching cycle in BETA what the hell is going to be like at release?  Like a Vanguard schedule? A patch every two and a half years?

In short, good game, worth the money,  has a few issues but fun anyway.  Snail Games doesn't exactly strike me as the best company, but it's not like they are EA or anything.

I check every stall in Chen and Suzou daily so I want to respond with some observations.  The economy isn't borked, but may appear borked to many people.  There are things for sale in stalls for hundreds of liang or even multiple ding when they aren't worth anywhere near that.  The thing is, those things stay on sale in the market because no one with savy buys them.  This leads to these items with inflated prices being more visible to players in general than the items that actually get sold.  Unfortunately, less savy players occasionally buy these items which prompts some sellers to stick to their guns and hope to exploit some noob.  I'll admit that I got ripped off a few times when I first started playing.    If you view the economy enough you start get a sense of what things actually sell for and what they won't sell for. 

Are you a Pavlovian Fish Biscuit Addict? Get Help Now!
    I will play no more MMORPGs until somethign good comes out!

Originally posted by BigHatLogan
    Originally posted by Sybnal

I check every stall in Chen and Suzou daily so I want to respond with some observations.  The economy isn't borked, but may appear borked to many people.  There are things for sale in stalls for hundreds of liang or even multiple ding when they aren't worth anywhere near that.  The thing is, those things stay on sale in the market because no one with savy buys them.  This leads to these items with inflated prices being more visible to players in general than the items that actually get sold.  Unfortunately, less savy players occasionally buy these items which prompts some sellers to stick to their guns and hope to exploit some noob.  I'll admit that I got ripped off a few times when I first started playing.    If you view the economy enough you start get a sense of what things actually sell for and what they won't sell for. 

True in a sense. The problem is everyone want a whale, that is why they put high prices on everything.

Did you check the gold/jade equipment? They sell for 10D+ and lots of them actually got sold.

The market is actually based on player and since most player want more money, thus everyone just put high prices on everything.

I am not sure if you remember the first few days of CBT2 or actually play during that time. In 2-3 days, items appear on the market and people already spent 1-2 DING to buy things.

Thus, back to the point, most money ingame now is from REAL MONEY > GOLD > SILVER. The market is inflated at the very early state by Elite's free gold and GM bought Jackdaw Herb at high quantity for 1L each.

The kidnap money and other ingame money sources are not able to generate that much money, thus again to reinstate that most money in game is REAL MONEY = SILVER. If this statement is not true, then the silver sink is not working as intended like GM said.

• AlamarethAlamareth Member UncommonPosts: 570

[mod edit]

The horses move slowly during script stealing ONLY if you use a sprinting skill.  Don't use a sprint, it will run at normal speeds.

Note: Occassionally, you will find that it just runs slow anyway - that is a bug, it has been reported, and acknowledged.  Simply get off your horse, resummon it, and you will run normally again.

PS:

No one wants whale because it only works well with Tangman 2nd inner at level 36 - which you can't get.  Yay!  People think people want whale because it's the reason why Tangs do upwards of 1 million damage per instance run.  The problem is, people don't realize how the Tang's inner work.  No one cares about a level 35 Tangman.  Plenty of people care about a level 36 Tangman.  There is a reason for this.

PPS:

Stop talking about the game, you were more amusing when you just spouted off stuff that no one really bothered to read or trust. 

PPPS:

There are a TON of skills that are irrationally priced.  That doesn't make them good nor is it indicative of the market price absent assymetrical information.  You'll learn where the deals are and where they aren't in time.  For instance, the 1.5D I spent on my gear makes it far better than most individual silver pieces because I realize that Brawn is stupidly overpriced (and generally useless - unless you are a Tang).

Rolling around with my bombing huge HP - ftw. :D

• AlamarethAlamareth Member UncommonPosts: 570
    Originally posted by Myria
    Originally posted by Alamareth

Never fear, for I am here to dispel the wrong information being spouted by angelknight4 yet again!

[...]

Note: Occassionally, you will find that it just runs slow anyway - that is a bug, it has been reported, and acknowledged.  Simply get off your horse, resummon it, and you will run normally again.

I'm unclear on how acknowledging that a bug someone reported does exist is, in any way, shape, or form, dispelling wrong information.

Seems the exact opposite, to be honest, attempt at spin aside.

Well it's still technically closed beta (albeit, one I dropped $20 to be in)...so I'm giving some leeway.

The fix is seriously easy, and most people activate the "bug" by using a sprint on the horse while they have a script.  That is the system working as intended and not a bug.  If you don't bother paying attention to when you suddenly slow down, then I guess you'd just assume it was a bug - but chances are, you are wrong (like most things I see about this game - people *really* don't pay attention).

The only time there is a bug is when you get on the horse and it immediately runs at the "trotting" speed.  This doesn't happen frequently, and when it does it takes about 5 seconds to fix.  In the grand scheme of things, this is barely worth talking about.

The speed of your horse really has nothing to do with it.

• John9001John9001 Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by Myria

Never fear, for I am here to dispel the wrong information being spouted by angelknight4 yet again!

[...]

I'm unclear on how acknowledging that a bug someone reported does exist is, in any way, shape, or form, dispelling wrong information.

Seems the exact opposite, to be honest, attempt at spin aside.

Well it's still technically closed beta (albeit, one I dropped $20 to be in)...so I'm giving some leeway.

The fix is seriously easy, and most people activate the "bug" by using a sprint on the horse while they have a script.  That is the system working as intended and not a bug.  If you don't bother paying attention to when you suddenly slow down, then I guess you'd just assume it was a bug - but chances are, you are wrong (like most things I see about this game - people *really* don't pay attention).

The only time there is a bug is when you get on the horse and it immediately runs at the "trotting" speed.  This doesn't happen frequently, and when it does it takes about 5 seconds to fix.  In the grand scheme of things, this is barely worth talking about.

The speed of your horse really has nothing to do with it.

Actually, this is not true. The speed of the horse is a little slower, so it is really bad on book steal.

If you sprint before you get book, get off horse, run around and get book then summon horse, it will exhibit the problem just as you just sprint it seconds ago.

Yes, you can just get down, summon it again to fix it. However, the problem is sometimes you need to get up, then get down multiple times to fix this, not just once.

In book steal, time is everything and matter between life and death. If this bug persist multiple times, it can be really frustrate and thus lower your chance of escape.

This bugs also exist for over 3 months and there is still no fix.

• John9001John9001 Member Posts: 2
    Opps, double posts, no delete button.
  • AresPLAresPL Member UncommonPosts: 292
    actually summoning again create bug, as its supposed to be slower same as running, I know that scroll and backpack for it shouldnt be that heavy but they made it so people with best horses still have to be careful at running and defenders still can catch them
  • dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699

It's very encouraging to hear games like that are still being made.  I always felt learning how the game works was a large part of the fun for RPG's.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville