Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has anyone pre-ordered yet?

MdpatsMdpats Member UncommonPosts: 176
Just wondering if anyone has jumped the gun and pre-ordered the game yet before beta . I noticed that it's available for such a thing on gamestop.

Comments

• ZandilZandil Member UncommonPosts: 252
    The pre order is not offical, it's just companys trying to get there sales numbers up for the month.

• TelondarielTelondariel Member Posts: 1,001

Although I am looking to play this game, we don't have any real information from a player's perspective on what it is really like.  Preview teasers are carefully designed for hype.  Until I hear what it is like when Open Beta occurs, I'm just going to be a careful observer.  Paying for the game before I know what it is really like is, for me, a highly foolish thing to do given all the over-hyped and failed MMO's of the last couple of years.

So, no.  No pre-order for me.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    I won't pre-order until I've gotten to play the beta.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617

So far it looks like the  best of SWToR VO story with GW2 hubless quest system. With the best PvP model ever, DAoC. With the best single player RPG lore and story to boot and action combat to boot. Ambitious and if they pull it off, this MMO will be talked about for a long time. But still to soon to put money on. Like to hear their plan on player housing/guild halls. Also like to see players being able to join many guilds removed, thats made a mess of GW2.

• fuctanywayfuctanyway Member Posts: 5
    bought and waiting.  everything new that comes out is amazing. i think they are doing everything right. including listening to the fans. bringing back "classic TES" first person.

Your imaginary god can't save you now.

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Originally posted by MyBoot
    The pre order is not offical, it's just companys trying to get there sales numbers up for the month.

Pre-orders do very little in the short term for sales numbers, since any gain today is a loss tomorrow.  Instead, pre-orders are just a way of locking in the sale so to mitigate people from buying it on impulse somewhere else.  It also helps with gauging how popular something is going to be, so they don't order too many copies.

Without pre-orders, or when digital distribution is increasing (such as with an expansion where you don't actually have anything extra to install, just an account to upgrade), stores end up with 500 Aerosmith Guitar Hero bundles, and 300 copies of Cataclysm taking up retail space years after release.

You make me like charity

Originally posted by Nanfoodle

So far it looks like the  best of SWToR VO story with GW2 hubless quest system. With the best PvP model ever, DAoC. With the best single player RPG lore and story to boot and action combat to boot. Ambitious and if they pull it off, this MMO will be talked about for a long time. But still to soon to put money on. Like to hear their plan on player housing/guild halls. Also like to see players being able to join many guilds removed, thats made a mess of GW2.

player housing is something that has been talked about. they say tt will happen, just not at launch.  so we can only hope.

as far as guild halls. i don't recall hearing/reading anything yet, but i think it would be neat to see guilds be able to take over forts in cyridel and use them as their halls

i think you are mistaken the being able to join multiple guilds. the way i understand it is that  when you  make an alt in a differant faction the mega server puts you in a differant phase as to avoid conflict of interest. so when it was said you can join multiple gulds, that is most likely what they where talking about. unless they were talking of the thiefs guild or fighters guilds. i am not exactly sure what you are refering too.

oh i think you forgot one thing.  so far this appears to be the most amazing, customizable, micromanaging lvling systems i have ever seen. but yeah, lets hope it all comes together. i really do believe it will, and if open beta turns out to be a bust i can always put the money i paid to another game.

Originally posted by fuctanyway

player housing is something that has been talked about. they say tt will happen, just not at launch.  so we can only hope.

as far as guild halls. i don't recall hearing/reading anything yet, but i think it would be neat to see guilds be able to take over forts in cyridel and use them as their halls

i think you are mistaken the being able to join multiple guilds. the way i understand it is that  when you  make an alt in a differant faction the mega server puts you in a differant phase as to avoid conflict of interest. so when it was said you can join multiple gulds, that is most likely what they where talking about. unless they were talking of the thiefs guild or fighters guilds. i am not exactly sure what you are refering too.

oh i think you forgot one thing.  so far this appears to be the most amazing, customizable, micromanaging lvling systems i have ever seen. but yeah, lets hope it all comes together. i really do believe it will, and if open beta turns out to be a bust i can always put the money i paid to another game.

=`-( Sad to say Im not.... Click here

wow! thanx. i don''t think i have ever even seen that interview before. it kind of begs the question what is the point of even having guilds in the first place, as opposed to just a friends list? but in all hopefullness, the interview was quite awhile ago and/or matt wasn't being very clear. we do not yet know what  being in a guild will entail.  it might work out well.

i have been looking for the interview where matt was talking about putting alts on differant phases to avoid conflict of interest, but with no luck as of yet. sorry.

• rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973

I'm looking forward to trying it out, but I won't pre-order anything until I get a look under the hood. It could look amazing and play like garbage. I might hate the leveling system. Cyrodil PvP might be reminiscent of ToR's Ilum.

My crystal ball is too murky at this point to declare whether it's worthy of a purchase.

• azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402

wow! thanx. i don''t think i have ever even seen that interview before. it kind of begs the question what is the point of even having guilds in the first place, as opposed to just a friends list? but in all hopefullness, the interview was quite awhile ago and/or matt wasn't being very clear. we do not yet know what  being in a guild will entail.  it might work out well.

i have been looking for the interview where matt was talking about putting alts on differant phases to avoid conflict of interest, but with no luck as of yet. sorry.

Multiple guilds system is nothing new now.

It allows players to have one PvP guild and one PvE guild. Or for Guild Leaders to have one Alliance Guild where they can discuss strategy for the entire Alliance without dragging their entire guild into it. There aren't that many reasons to join lots of guilds though (beside joining friend X guild).

All I know is if this multy guild system is in, I hope they do it different in some way. When reping another guild in GW2 you cant see the guild chat of the other guilds you are members of. So you are blind to the fact someone in the guild is asking the guild if anyone wants to join a dungeon run. Or that the guild is trying to start a random guild event. Being a member of 3-6 guilds reg chatter can be hard to read if you are getting it from so many guilds. So they should add some type of system that highlights things of importance. Like anyone asking for a team, asking for help, anyone want X item should cause that message to show up in a way you take notice. If not, I dont see the reason on joining a guild in ESO. This is so bad in GW2 I dont play much any more, as I have seen 60-80 people online and only 3 people are repping my guild and I am forced to PUG. 

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Also like to see players being able to join many guilds removed, thats made a mess of GW2.

well in GW2 i belong to 2 guilds, a small personal guild only with real life friends, and then we all joined a big guild like you would in any game. When we (rl friends) want to play only us we represent our personal guild, while we represent the bigger guild when playing with them. I dont see the mess in that. I think its just preference, but of course looking at what ARENANET implemented with multiple guilds i think Zenimax has a base to work with those ideas and actually make any improvement that system could use.

I would much prefer multiple guilds rather than having facebook and g+ that i never even touch in game.

Originally posted by rojo6934

Also like to see players being able to join many guilds removed, thats made a mess of GW2.

well in GW2 i belong to 2 guilds, a small personal guild only with real life friends, and then we all joined a big guild like you would in any game. When we (rl friends) want to play only us we represent our personal guild, while we represent the bigger guild when playing with them. I dont see the mess in that. I think its just preference, but of course looking at what ARENANET implemented with multiple guilds i think Zenimax has a base to work with those ideas and actually make any improvement that system could use.

I would much prefer multiple guilds rather than having facebook and g+ that i never even touch in game.

If they do, like in my above post. It needs a lot of work. This core system is making more problems then helping.

• JoreelJoreel Member UncommonPosts: 148
    If they really want to increase pre-sales,  just include beta access to all the betas like so many other MMOs do... (Neverwinter I'm thinking of you and can't wait until this weekend). I'm very interested in ESO as I have played every game since the beginning and absolutly love the lore of the game. I hope that they do it right so that we the gamers don't have to get out the pickforks and torches...
  • SheerzSheerz Member Posts: 15
    I won't pre-order until I've seen ingame footage (community released) and/or played beta. Also, looking to what goodies are in the packages if it'll be a regular edition, physical or digital CE.
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    I think it would be really stupid to pre-order before they announce the pre-order details. I'm waiting for the game, and will likely be playing at launch day. But buying a product that Gamespot invented in hopes that it'll match a real product that will likely release some time in the future is just stupid.

• GreenWidowGreenWidow Member Posts: 157

I am a HUGE  TES fan. I have played almost every TES game that has been brought out.

I will not be pre-ordering this non-TES game.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”The Iron Code"

• LaromussLaromuss Member UncommonPosts: 331
    Originally posted by Telondariel

Although I am looking to play this game, we don't have any real information from a player's perspective on what it is really like.  Preview teasers are carefully designed for hype.  Until I hear what it is like when Open Beta occurs, I'm just going to be a careful observer.  Paying for the game before I know what it is really like is, for me, a highly foolish thing to do given all the over-hyped and failed MMO's of the last couple of years.

So, no.  No pre-order for me.

It has the most up to date info and a lot of it. 

http://tamrielfoundry.com/

• BMBenderBMBender Member UncommonPosts: 827
    I'm sorry but any moron that would pre-order a mmog is a certified idiot, no matter how well marketed.

• OgreRaperOgreRaper Member Posts: 376
    I will never pre-order a game until I can play it first.