Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Richard Garriott's Shroud of the Avatar

2»

Comments

• Geebus80Geebus80 Member Posts: 92

never in a million years will I endorse or spend money on a game from this pathetic excuse for a game designer.

The only thing worse than a game designer that makes bad games is a game designer that makes great games and fucks them up consistently. Never trust Garriott he is a money grabbing sleaze ball of the worst order.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    Why would you donate money to a guy who paid $30 million USD to travel to space? Clearly he would have the money to fund this himself, this just sounds like a big money grab. Like donating money to the rich.
  • BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586
    Wow should pass 30% goal tonight!

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Yamota
    Why would you donate money to a guy who paid $30 million USD to travel to space? Clearly he would have the money to fund this himself, this just sounds like a big money grab. Like donating money to the rich.

unless he spent it all going to space.. then how would he have the money ot fund it himself?

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• SephrosSephros Member UncommonPosts: 429
    Originally posted by Geebus80

never in a million years will I endorse or spend money on a game from this pathetic excuse for a game designer.

The only thing worse than a game designer that makes bad games is a game designer that makes great games and fucks them up consistently. Never trust Garriott he is a money grabbing sleaze ball of the worst order.

Lol.  I think you have a serious misconception of reality here my friend.  Consistantly you say?  Other than Tabula Rasa failure, what others am I missing?

Error: No Keyboard Detected!
    Press F1 to continue......

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

unless he spent it all going to space.. then how would he have the money ot fund it himself?

If that's the case then why should anyone donate money to a person who squanders it?

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• AxehiltAxehilt Member RarePosts: 10,504

Didn't pledge, but not because it isn't an MMO (seriously?  Get real!  A good game is a good game!)

Mostly I only pledge to games which look like precisely what I'd be interested in, and the avatar side of Ultima games has never been a huge interest for me (possibly related to how many hours I spent in the avatar-less Ultima 3 compared with later games of the series.)

Really he didn't show anything worth getting excited about, when he should've gone big on the promise of an avatar system or some other unique reason I'd want to give money to a singleplayer RPG.

Par tof the lack of unique selling proposition is the fundamental choices (3D + Close Third Person Cam) which lacked combat fidelity.  That's to be expected (it's just kicking off) but you at least have to paint a picture of the path forward so people know you have a direciton in mind.  (And if the game wasn't about combat, but your decisions and dialog choices and how they impact your avatar traits, I would've expected a lot more shots of those sorts of gameplay.)

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

You want to give money to a person who squander it all in personal spending?

A few mil seems to be trivial if he has $30m to go to space.

• OldskooOldskoo Member UncommonPosts: 189
     I played the single player Ultima games and wasn't as fond of them as I was UO. I'd like to see a true successor to this classic. Not interested in this. At this stage for me, if I am not playing an interesting MMO (which there are very few anymore) I am rarely gaming. I'm not much of a gamer past this genre. I'm happy that there are so many people that seem to like this game but I don't think it should be that shocking to find people that were hoping for a true mmo on an mmo site heh. 

• SephrosSephros Member UncommonPosts: 429
    Bah.. Mmo's are so last year.

Error: No Keyboard Detected!
    Press F1 to continue......