Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

About That SimCity And EA Fiasco

124»

Comments

• WarleyWarley Jackson, MIPosts: 376Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by austriacus

Theres a reason why UBISOFT has stoped making their games DRM and EA hasnt. EA slams you with DLC in the face by being online and showing it to you at every oportunity it gets.

And, that right there is the entire reason behind why EA wants their games online. It's just not DLC, though. It's adding cash shops to singleplayer games that they're so infactuated with now.

You're essentially buying something that is half game/half advertisement.

I stopped buying EA games the moment I ran into that NPC in Dragon Age that told me I had to buy a DLC to play the content/quest he offered. I don't even remember what NPC it was, but that right that broke all immersion I had in the game.

• MirathelMirathel Colton, CAPosts: 92Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Coman
    Originally posted by Warley

STOP BUYING THEIR CRAP AND THEY'LL EITHER ADAPT AND MAKE BETTER GAMES OR A BETTER GAME DEVELOPER/PUBLISHER WILL REPLACE THEM.

Now, I won't be surprised if I get reported and then banned. It always happens. People get their feelings hurt when someone with a cold, hard reality check points out who is to blame for the way companies like EA acts.

So you believe that a refund is a good thing then? I do not see the problem. I brough a product, but disagreed with the service and decide I want my money back. I do not think what is going on right now is a good reason for a refund, unless it's still going on in a week or so.

I understand what you talking about however a refund make a bigger statement then a not buying a product at all. They will not notice a decrease in sales unless it's big, they will notice refunds even in a smaller portion. So I hope those that dislike what is going on get there refunds. 

I don't think you or anyone else should get a refund. If you blindly buy stuff you need to learn your lesson. Then, I may not have to be here posting stuff like this.

I am not asking for a refund. I actually think the game is a good game and fully believe the service will be oke within a few day. 

I did not blindly buy it either. I brought it after playing the beta-version and after the US release. So was fully aware there would be problems. 

You REALLY do not have to post stuff like that. 

Originally posted by austriacus

Lets stop pretending DRM stops pirating, im sitting right next to a friend playing a pirated copy of Simcity 5 right now, 3 days after release.

So can you....uhhh I mean your friend ;) play offline with that? It works? But people told me that it was not possible!!!! :O

he is lying. the majority of sim city's files are online on ea's servers and requires an account connect to access and use them. So untill they emulate it....simcity wont be available for piracy. EA 1 Pirates 0

• ComanComan Hattem, AKPosts: 2,034Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Mirathel

So can you....uhhh I mean your friend ;) play offline with that? It works? But people told me that it was not possible!!!! :O

he is lying. the majority of sim city's files are online on ea's servers and requires an account connect to access and use them. So untill they emulate it....simcity wont be available for piracy. EA 1 Pirates 0

I though it was already fast, but it will be here soon enough. The problem with you tally is that EA could be 10 - 0 infront, but once the pirates score once they won. Beside that EA is not 1 ahead actually. I am sure they might have a lost even more consumers after this. 

• MirathelMirathel Colton, CAPosts: 92Member Uncommon

I though it was already fast, but it will be here soon enough. The problem with you tally is that EA could be 10 - 0 infront, but once the pirates score once they won. Beside that EA is not 1 ahead actually. I am sure they might have a lost even more consumers after this. 

not really....diablo 3 still hasent been emulated properly so all the pirates are left with is an empty game where u can run around and look at a map nothing else. This online always DRM hurts consumers if not done properly (and so far it really hasent been successful) but it sure does fight off the pirates.

• nottunednottuned st.paul, MNPosts: 92Member
    Is this the first bad online game release or are people just drama queens?
  • ComanComan Hattem, AKPosts: 2,034Member Uncommon

not really....diablo 3 still hasent been emulated properly so all the pirates are left with is an empty game where u can run around and look at a map nothing else. This online always DRM hurts consumers if not done properly (and so far it really hasent been successful) but it sure does fight off the pirates.

It does for a longer period of time, but not indefintly. 

Originally posted by nottuned
    Is this the first bad online game release or are people just drama queens?

Just drama queens. I understand it if it was a week or 2 weeks later.

• theo5theo5 ft. worth, TXPosts: 21Member
  • austriacusaustriacus limaPosts: 624Member

Uhm wow, you are really outdated. Not only Diablo III is emulated with all monsters and most stuff working, but you can play it Lan. 

You can keep thinking im  lying all you want. I live in peru, a 3rd world country. Piracy is King here.

When kakaroto was still trying to figure out how to jailbreak the ps3 over the 3.51 version we were already craked the 4.0 version

We dont need your "skidrow" or "the scene" to hack the games for us.

We are desperate gamers that dont have the means or acces to the best games, and we are all adicts. Dont underestimate us

Cheers

• cheyanecheyane Rome Posts: 3,002Member Uncommon

I was under the impression that the diablo 3 pirated versions were nowhere like the real game. This is what I understood from reading about it and this was why I am convinced this simcity 5 probably will also not be pirated with real success. 

It is however a pity that should EA choose to shut down the game in a few years we will be left high and dry and that is what I find unacceptable.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• austriacusaustriacus limaPosts: 624Member
    Originally posted by cheyane

I was under the impression that the diablo 3 pirated versions were nowhere like the real game. This is what I understood from reading about it and this was why I am convinced this simcity 5 probably will also not be pirated with real success. 

It is however a pity that should EA choose to shut down the game in a few years we will be left high and dry and that is what I find unacceptable.

The only problems with the cracked versions are the loot tables, which are completely messed up. You can get the rarest items on normal difficulty. Apart from that the game is very playable.

• OziiusOziius Baltimore, MDPosts: 1,388Member Uncommon

If you want to buy an NFL game because you're an NFL fan you only have one option.  Therefore, in a way, if you love football and want an official NFL game you're forced to buy from EA.

Couldn't you speak with the NFL about aquiring a license and make your own game? oh... I see ... you can't afford the license and don't have the skill to make a game? I spose you'll have to keep getting "forced" to play others games then...

Point is... gaming is a complete luxury. No one is forcing you to do or buy anything. It's all about what you "want". Well, if you want it bad enough, you have to deal with their rules. 

• WarleyWarley Jackson, MIPosts: 376Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Praetalus

If you want to buy an NFL game because you're an NFL fan you only have one option.  Therefore, in a way, if you love football and want an official NFL game you're forced to buy from EA.

Couldn't you speak with the NFL about aquiring a license and make your own game? oh... I see ... you can't afford the license and don't have the skill to make a game? I spose you'll have to keep getting "forced" to play others games then...

Point is... gaming is a complete luxury. No one is forcing you to do or buy anything. It's all about what you "want". Well, if you want it bad enough, you have to deal with their rules. 

Your comment is pointless and useless here. Move along, please.

• AmanaAmana New York, NYPosts: 2,552Moderator Uncommon
    This could've gone into an existing thread and didn't need to be its own. Also, the opening post was generally baiting.

To give feedback on moderation, contact community@mmorpg.com

124»
This discussion has been closed.