Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

About That SimCity And EA Fiasco

124»

Comments

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178
    Originally posted by Mirathel

So can you....uhhh I mean your friend ;) play offline with that? It works? But people told me that it was not possible!!!! :O

he is lying. the majority of sim city's files are online on ea's servers and requires an account connect to access and use them. So untill they emulate it....simcity wont be available for piracy. EA 1 Pirates 0

I though it was already fast, but it will be here soon enough. The problem with you tally is that EA could be 10 - 0 infront, but once the pirates score once they won. Beside that EA is not 1 ahead actually. I am sure they might have a lost even more consumers after this. 

• MirathelMirathel Member UncommonPosts: 137
    Originally posted by Coman

So can you....uhhh I mean your friend ;) play offline with that? It works? But people told me that it was not possible!!!! :O

he is lying. the majority of sim city's files are online on ea's servers and requires an account connect to access and use them. So untill they emulate it....simcity wont be available for piracy. EA 1 Pirates 0

I though it was already fast, but it will be here soon enough. The problem with you tally is that EA could be 10 - 0 infront, but once the pirates score once they won. Beside that EA is not 1 ahead actually. I am sure they might have a lost even more consumers after this. 

not really....diablo 3 still hasent been emulated properly so all the pirates are left with is an empty game where u can run around and look at a map nothing else. This online always DRM hurts consumers if not done properly (and so far it really hasent been successful) but it sure does fight off the pirates.

• nottunednottuned Member Posts: 92
    Is this the first bad online game release or are people just drama queens?
  • ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

not really....diablo 3 still hasent been emulated properly so all the pirates are left with is an empty game where u can run around and look at a map nothing else. This online always DRM hurts consumers if not done properly (and so far it really hasent been successful) but it sure does fight off the pirates.

It does for a longer period of time, but not indefintly. 

Originally posted by nottuned
    Is this the first bad online game release or are people just drama queens?

Just drama queens. I understand it if it was a week or 2 weeks later.

• austriacusaustriacus Member UncommonPosts: 618

Uhm wow, you are really outdated. Not only Diablo III is emulated with all monsters and most stuff working, but you can play it Lan. 

You can keep thinking im  lying all you want. I live in peru, a 3rd world country. Piracy is King here.

When kakaroto was still trying to figure out how to jailbreak the ps3 over the 3.51 version we were already craked the 4.0 version

We dont need your "skidrow" or "the scene" to hack the games for us.

We are desperate gamers that dont have the means or acces to the best games, and we are all adicts. Dont underestimate us

Cheers

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100

I was under the impression that the diablo 3 pirated versions were nowhere like the real game. This is what I understood from reading about it and this was why I am convinced this simcity 5 probably will also not be pirated with real success. 

It is however a pity that should EA choose to shut down the game in a few years we will be left high and dry and that is what I find unacceptable.

Chamber of Chains
  • austriacusaustriacus Member UncommonPosts: 618
    Originally posted by cheyane

I was under the impression that the diablo 3 pirated versions were nowhere like the real game. This is what I understood from reading about it and this was why I am convinced this simcity 5 probably will also not be pirated with real success. 

It is however a pity that should EA choose to shut down the game in a few years we will be left high and dry and that is what I find unacceptable.

The only problems with the cracked versions are the loot tables, which are completely messed up. You can get the rarest items on normal difficulty. Apart from that the game is very playable.

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    Originally posted by Warley

If you want to buy an NFL game because you're an NFL fan you only have one option.  Therefore, in a way, if you love football and want an official NFL game you're forced to buy from EA.

Couldn't you speak with the NFL about aquiring a license and make your own game? oh... I see ... you can't afford the license and don't have the skill to make a game? I spose you'll have to keep getting "forced" to play others games then...

Point is... gaming is a complete luxury. No one is forcing you to do or buy anything. It's all about what you "want". Well, if you want it bad enough, you have to deal with their rules. 

• WarleyWarley Member UncommonPosts: 508
    Originally posted by Praetalus
    Originally posted by Warley

If you want to buy an NFL game because you're an NFL fan you only have one option.  Therefore, in a way, if you love football and want an official NFL game you're forced to buy from EA.

Couldn't you speak with the NFL about aquiring a license and make your own game? oh... I see ... you can't afford the license and don't have the skill to make a game? I spose you'll have to keep getting "forced" to play others games then...

Point is... gaming is a complete luxury. No one is forcing you to do or buy anything. It's all about what you "want". Well, if you want it bad enough, you have to deal with their rules. 

Your comment is pointless and useless here. Move along, please.

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    This could've gone into an existing thread and didn't need to be its own. Also, the opening post was generally baiting.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.