Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recommendation: Never buy from EA ie: SimCity

SurrealFieUpSurrealFieUp Member UncommonPosts: 19

SimCity the game that never went through open beta, a game that historically was available any time because you played from your hard-drive, but now you have to play via server, servers that are down because they never stress tested in open beta, gets a monster thumbs down here!  

This should be reviewed as an MMO since you can join other players world wide, and has (in theory) an active world wide global market place and ranking system.  And in that review someone should mention the massive difficulties with the server issues, worse than those experienced in any game of recent history, like perhaps SWTOR.  

EA continues to disappoint with every new step they take.  I believe that their proficiency with new games has something to do with job readiness training for prospective candidates of the US Legislative Branch.  

I'd like to say more about the game itself, if only I could log into a server to provide you with that information.

Please join me in a BAN of all things EA.

Thanks

Comments

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178
    I am actually liking the game. Do not mind the servers being down right now. Not happy with it as I prefer to play the game, but what am I going to do about that. 
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

With a different consumer base this might work. With gamers? No chance in hell. If forcing a publisher to offer better quality or service means they have to go without playing the game they want, they won't do it. They'll gladly latch onto EA's teet, suck down that sweet abuse while one hand enters their credit card number and the other types nasty things about EA on the interwebs.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    EA are anti-gamer, dont't buy there products, the soone they go bust the better.
  • SurrealFieUpSurrealFieUp Member UncommonPosts: 19
    ROFL, everytime I get involved with EA I have nothing good to say.  My first post for SWTOR was is a great example: 

General Discussion  » SWTOR: MMO Simulacrum

Wish I'd learned my lesson that time....  NEVER AGAIN EA.  And this time I mean it.  LOLZ

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Coman
    I am actually liking the game. Do not mind the servers being down right now. Not happy with it as I prefer to play the game, but what am I going to do about that. 

I've never played a sim game prior to this one and I got to admit this is pretty damn fun.  I am a day one MMO player so I am used to server hiccups and dropped connections so it doesnt bother me in the slightest.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    I never buy EA games. This is not a huge suprise for me. Although  I do love playing Fifa and NFS and I usually buy them cause I love playing those games.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• lifeordinarylifeordinary Member Posts: 646
    Originally posted by SurrealFieUp

SimCity the game that never went through open beta, a game that historically was available any time because you played from your hard-drive, but now you have to play via server, servers that are down because they never stress tested in open beta, gets a monster thumbs down here!  

This should be reviewed as an MMO since you can join other players world wide, and has (in theory) an active world wide global market place and ranking system.  And in that review someone should mention the massive difficulties with the server issues, worse than those experienced in any game of recent history, like perhaps SWTOR.  

EA continues to disappoint with every new step they take.  I believe that their proficiency with new games has something to do with job readiness training for prospective candidates of the US Legislative Branch.  

I'd like to say more about the game itself, if only I could log into a server to provide you with that information.

Thanks

Hmm..we all know that always works right?

• WBadgerWBadger Member RarePosts: 375
    Originally posted by lifeordinary

Thanks

Worked once or twice, not going to in this.  Requires massive dedication and well...I just don't care enough about EA to try and give a damn.

Originally posted by Wankyudo

Thanks

Worked once or twice, not going to in this.  Requires massive dedication and well...I just don't care enough about EA to try and give a damn.

I reallyy doubt it worked even once. You would need millions of players to ban EA world wide to make a difference. Few hundered random players can not even make a dent on EA.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    Originally posted by Loktofeit

With a different consumer base this might work. With gamers? No chance in hell. If forcing a publisher to offer better quality or service means they have to go without playing the game they want, they won't do it. They'll gladly latch onto EA's teet, suck down that sweet abuse while one hand enters their credit card number and the other types nasty things about EA on the interwebs.

Gamers tend to judge a game by its gameplay.

And Simcity's gameplay is solid. Very, very solid.

Everything else just doesn't matter.

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254
    Originally posted by Coman

Well, the OP recommends you never buy an EA game again.

• TrueDeviLTrueDeviL Member Posts: 6

I thought a lot of gamers would have realised that EA don't have a clue on how to run any form of MMO..

They also seem to love investing in companies, they wanna kill and take over (Maxis, BioWare)..

I've realised if a new games come out, especially an MMO, and it has EA involved with it an any way, shape or form.. It's gonna fail.. I for one will not bother with another EA MMO, unless they are hidden so well, even the taxman couldn't find them.

EA, don't have a clue about MMO's simple as that, they should stick to BF & Sports games imho..

5 days after Star Wars: The Old Republic came out, I hit max level, I said then to my guild "this game will be free to play within 1 year".. and it was... I wish I could get a refund on it tbh... Never again..

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by Wankyudo

Thanks

I reallyy doubt it worked even once. You would need millions of players to ban EA world wide to make a difference. Few hundered random players can not even make a dent on EA.

Actually it takes only takes a few handfulls of snow to start an avalanche and this snow drift has been packing on the loosly packed snow for quite a while now. To put it more bluntly: Those few hundred in time and through concerted, read vocal, effort can start putting ever bigger dents in EAs budget by getting more people on their side, sure 30-40 thousand dollars is chump change to EA but when more people start joining that group and boycotting EA they'll start noticing and the more vocal that group is in calling EA to answer for its practices the more people will flock to that group's banner because make no mistake while the people who don't care will continue buying there are plenty of burned people out there itching to give EA a taste of its own medicine and once that group is big enough it will start having its own pull towards things EA puts out, especially if the group has a few IT savvy people and lawyers who dig through things EA puts out and point out all their bullshit and missteps to the public..

Originally posted by Dihoru

Actually it takes only takes a few handfulls of snow to start an avalanche and this snow drift has been packing on the loosly packed snow for quite a while now. To put it more bluntly: Those few hundred in time and through concerted, read vocal, effort can start putting ever bigger dents in EAs budget by getting more people on their side, sure 30-40 thousand dollars is chump change to EA but when more people start joining that group and boycotting EA they'll start noticing and the more vocal that group is in calling EA to answer for its practices the more people will flock to that group's banner because make no mistake while the people who don't care will continue buying there are plenty of burned people out there itching to give EA a taste of its own medicine and once that group is big enough it will start having its own pull towards things EA puts out, especially if the group has a few IT savvy people and lawyers who dig through things EA puts out and point out all their bullshit and missteps to the public..

Well as it stands now the few handfuls of snow has failed repeatedly to start an avalanche.

• nottunednottuned Member Posts: 92

It only took me about 20 minutes to get on last night no big deal.

You must be new to online game release dates.

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    Just locking a couple of the SimCity threads becuase we don't need a ton of them, it just splinters discussion.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.