Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF Sci-Fi MMO

SnakexSnakex Member UncommonPosts: 317

TIme to try out the Sci-Fi / Future MMO's. No More medival, or Fantatasy.

Time for Stuff like EVE, and waiting for PSO2.

Any recommendations? And a little reason why please.

Sadly, Eve might just be to much of a risk for me to try to get into right now. Seeing how its such a long term based game, and i know for my sandbox's. I will probably hop onto Darkfall once they fully launch it.

Comments

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356
    There are no sci-fi MMOs that even remotly compare to EVE's quality. But you can try Fallen Earth.
  • jawalijawali Member UncommonPosts: 195

there is STO, EVE, Anarchy Online, Face of Mankind, The Repopulation (beta?), 2x Star Wars mmo (clone wars and TOR) and there is Star Citizen incomming in the future.

Unfortuantely not many sci fi games are available atm. If you don't mind playing single player games try Deus Ex human revolution

greetings

• faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940

well internet is full on knowledge about scifi mmos just need some self research.

but i have to say upcoming Defiance is very nice atleast what i like as scifi game to be ( so far ) 

• injenuinjenu Member CommonPosts: 142
    Star Conflict - Free to play MMO recently released on steam. It's similar to World of Tanks but in space - and way much better combat. 
  • SnakexSnakex Member UncommonPosts: 317

Deus Ex: HR was amazing. Played it, loved it, but now im done with it.

I really want to see PSO2 launch, got my eyes on that.

I will take a look at Star Conflict.

Also Big Question: How is Defiance, i looked at it, but it looks like a half assed MMO, it just looks like a Single player Game trying to be a MMO. I feel like its going to be limited in the MMO section. Also how are updates in Defiance going to work because of it being linked to a tv show.

• faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940
    not allowed to discuss about the game itself but , today all mmos one way opr another is single player focused , you can party if you want style games.
  • OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163

Well, some ones to take a look at anyway:

• Wildstar (not out yet)
    • Star Citizen (not out yet)
    • The Repopulation (not out yet)
    • Fallen Earth
    • SWTOR (f2p)
    • Planetside 2 (PvP centric)
    • Firefall (PvP centric - not out yet)
    • Anarchy Online (f2p)
    • Defiance (not out yet, but looks interesting)
    I'll throw TSW into the mix even though it's more modern-day/horror/conspiracy -- it's definitely not your standard fantasy, though, and I find it a breath of fresh air.
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    Vendetta Online - it has unique combat mechanics that are simple to learn, and take years to master.  It has a very involved community that regularly run events, sport guild conflict and the like, and a dev team that actually takes time to listen to their users and implement some suggestions.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• DoctorhooDoctorhoo Member UncommonPosts: 235

Ortwig had some great suggestions imo.

Wildstar and Star Citizen are definately on the Watch List.  

Can't go wrong with SWTOR since it went F2P.

• TheYear1500TheYear1500 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    Star Citizen  is not an MMO
  • NilenyaNilenya Member UncommonPosts: 364

Defiance by Trion comes out April 2nd. Its a sci fi post apocolyptic game. Set on Earth, more precisely around the San Fransisco Bay area, 30 years into the future.

Its an mmo with tps type play. Its a smallish game at present, but since its being developed conjoined with SyFYs new tv series by the same name it should get a lot of DC's over time. - Its buy to play with no subscription. - You can probably test it out in a beta weekend, or apply for beta and hope for alpha invite.

Trion is a good developer, with vocal devs in the forums, but the game is developed for both pc and xbox, and the controlls and UI are certainly favoring the Xbox, so it can feel very clunky if you are used to pc gaming. It takes a little while to get the routine down.

Thx for all the suggestions guys but most of them i have already ethier played, or have looked at, such as TSW, i beta tested, not my style, nor does it feel long term. Swtor I was there at launch.

The only thing left for me to look at now is Defiance, so please pile on the reviews, thoughts, or what not about Defiance because that is the only thing i have barely touched because of NDA, lets not break NDA here but give me some feedback please. I am not willing to put down another 60 bucks on a game right now to see it turn into a Borderlands 2 or GW2 for me, both those games just bit the dust for me.

• injenuinjenu Member CommonPosts: 142

Let me correct my previous Star Strike 

It's Star Conflict, and I guarantee you'll enjoy it.

http://star-conflict.com

• vkejaivkejai Member UncommonPosts: 99
    Swtor, best ever.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    I liked both AO and Fallen Earth.....I'd recommend either of those.
  • mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

IF you can deal with old graphics and not having your hand held there is Neocron. A MMOFPS/RPG in a cyberpunk world.

http://www.neocron-game.com/

• BenediktBenedikt Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    you can also try xsyon which is indie postapo sandbox
    Well with Darkfalls new Patch im being held down pretty good by it. Cant say much, but lets say AV is doing good. For AV that is.
  • WaidenWaiden Member UncommonPosts: 500

Star confict is not mmorpg.

Swtor is very good scifi mmorpg but I quit after 3 months even tho i bought collector, open world pvp map was just joke and everything was instanced so you had to do loading 3-4 times everytime you went from one map to another :D :D :D + its F2P now, lame

Defiance might be what are you looking for, comming out in 3 weeks and looks pretty awesome :) nice AAA title and its B2P