Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FFXIV: ARR Benchmark released.

Comments

• KniknaxKniknax Member UncommonPosts: 576

By Jeebus thats a pretty looking game! Does anyone have it running full screen? And did anyone else get a weird graphic bug where tails or arms went on into the horizon?

"When people don't know much about something, they tend to fill in the blanks the way they want them to be filled in. They are almost always disappointed." - Will Wright

• clamoclamo Member Posts: 16
    Originally posted by Tekkaman

I'm not sure I understand how/why so many people are benchmarking @ 1280x720. Is that due to default settings or do people still work on such tiny monitors?

Sorry if you have to work on a monitor that small and low resolution. None of these look to be from laptops, so I'm not counting those.

yes the benchmark is set to 1280x720 by default, but some users might not have 1080p. others might just think its the recommemded resolution.

• redzebrassredzebrass Member Posts: 10

Ok tried again on higher resolution>

The Last Unicorn

• scooter256scooter256 Member UncommonPosts: 5
    Originally posted by Professor78
    Originally posted by MindTrigger
    Originally posted by HeroEvermore
    Originally posted by RelGn

980x 4.2 gtx 580 sli 12 gigs ram 1900mhz

It is clear that the benchmark does not make good use of sli as the second card works at 30%-20%.

It says on the download page does not suport SLI or Xfire. NO multi gpu support for this test.

Ahh.. I posted in the other Benchmark thread that my second 670 wasn't even really being used.  Seems silly to release a benchmarking program, but not include multi-GPU.  Still I was hitting 8100 at 1080p with max settings using only one of my 670s.  I can't complain much.

Prove this please!, as a clocked 680 does not even get this.... And its nothing to do with CPU as its barely using 50% of my very old i7. 8k sounds about right for 2x 670s in my opinion....

i7 2600k not OC - Evga 670 ftw signature 2 small OC
    At max settings, card was at ~44C

Originally posted by scooter256
    Originally posted by Professor78
    Originally posted by HeroEvermore
    Originally posted by RelGn

980x 4.2 gtx 580 sli 12 gigs ram 1900mhz

It is clear that the benchmark does not make good use of sli as the second card works at 30%-20%.

It says on the download page does not suport SLI or Xfire. NO multi gpu support for this test.

Ahh.. I posted in the other Benchmark thread that my second 670 wasn't even really being used.  Seems silly to release a benchmarking program, but not include multi-GPU.  Still I was hitting 8100 at 1080p with max settings using only one of my 670s.  I can't complain much.

Prove this please!, as a clocked 680 does not even get this.... And its nothing to do with CPU as its barely using 50% of my very old i7. 8k sounds about right for 2x 670s in my opinion....

i7 2600k not OC - Evga 670 ftw signature 2 small OC
    At max settings, card was at ~44

More OCing

• prognarprognar Member Posts: 12

Ok score for a cheap pc, game should run on anything really.

• SmackjabberSmackjabber Member UncommonPosts: 33

Not bad considering its only a Single Card... shocked to be getting a higher score than the others claiming to have 670 / 680s in SLI and only getting 5k - 8k.

EDIT to add a bigger pic.

Fuzzy wuzzy was a bear...

Originally posted by Smackjabber

Not bad considering its only a Single Card... shocked to be getting a higher score than the others claiming to have 670 / 680s in SLI and only getting 5k - 8k.

Whats your computer specs?

• AcidonAcidon Member UncommonPosts: 796

Wow, so many of you went with the 16:9 monitors.  Makes it sound like you have a bigger monitor than you actually have when you reveal how many "inches" you have.

16:10 is where it's at.  I don't have a  PC for watching widescreen movies  (though I have on occasion).

1920x1200 is where it's at, baby.

Sorry, posting while I still can.  Don't take me personally.

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

Yes, list your specs please.  We'll be able to tell you exactly what is going on.  You should list the rest of the text from the log file too.

Also, SLI does not work with the benchmark as stated on the developer's website.  Those of us with SLI systems are only testing one card, basically.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• AcidonAcidon Member UncommonPosts: 796

You and I have the same desktop BG.  Though I modified mine after finding it on the net.  I'm assuming it's an alienware thing.

Yes, list your specs please.  We'll be able to tell you exactly what is going on.  You should list the rest of the text from the log file too.

Also, SLI does not work with the benchmark as stated on the developer's website.  Those of us with SLI systems are only testing one card, basically.

Being that this post is a little intrusive being that **YOU** have not posted a pic OF YOUR BENCH SCORE YOURSELF!! But heres the setting text from the log file that shot out with it. I don't like to school noobs on how to build a system tho sorry, I like having an advantage over others while playing. Maybe don't listen to what the guy at Besy Buy tells you to buy?

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Official Benchmark (Exploration)
    Tested on:2/28/2013 9:20:34 AM
    Score:11948
    Average Framerate:112.058
    Performance:Extremely High
     -Easily capable of running the game on the highest settings.

Screen Size: 1920x1200
    Graphics Presets: Maximum
    General
    -Improve overall graphic quality. : Enabled
    -Disable rendering of objects when not visible. (Occlusion Culling) : Disabled
    -Use low-detail models on distant objects to increase performance. (LOD) : Disabled
    -Cache LOD data only when necessary. (LOD Streaming) : Disabled
    -Smooth edges. (Anti-aliasing) : Enabled
    -Increase transparent lighting quality. : Enabled
    -Grass Quality : High
    Shadows
    -Use low-detail models on shadows to increase performance. (LOD) : Disabled
    -Display : All
    -Shadow Resolution : High: 2048 pixels
    -Shadow Cascading : High
    -Shadow Softening : High
    Texture Detail
    -Texture Filtering : High
    -Anisotropic Filtering : High
    Effects
    -Naturally darken the edges of the screen. (Limb Darkening) : Enabled
    -Blur the graphics around an object in motion. (Radial Blur) : Enabled
    -Effects While in Motion : Display All
    -Screen Space Ambient Occlusion : High
    -Glare : Normal
    Cinematic Cutscenes
    -Enable depth of field. : Enabled

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671

Being that this post is a little intrusive being that **YOU** have not posted a pic OF YOUR BENCH SCORE YOURSELF!! But heres the setting text from the log file that shot out with it. I don't like to school noobs on how to build a system tho sorry, I like having an advantage over others while playing. Maybe don't listen to what the guy at Besy Buy tells you to buy?

General
    -Use low-detail models on distant objects to increase performance. (LOD) : Disabled
    Shadows
    Texture Detail
    Effects
    Cinematic Cutscenes

You could just tell him what video card you're using instead of insulting him.  That has nothing to do with "schooling noobs on how to build a system" nor the person asking "listening to the guy at Best Buy."  It's not like you have access to some super secret card that gives you an advantage over all other players.  It's also not like building a system is challenging in any way shape or form either.

Steam: Neph

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by Nephaerius

General
    Shadows
    Texture Detail
    Effects
    Cinematic Cutscenes

You could just tell him what video card you're using instead of insulting him.  That has nothing to do with "schooling noobs on how to build a system" nor the person asking "listening to the guy at Best Buy."  It's not like you have access to some super secret card that gives you an advantage over all other players.  It's also not like building a system is challenging in any way shape or form either.

^Pretty much, if you know how to choose a CPU and a Motherboard for it you're pretty much set.

• NomadRedNomadRed Member Posts: 13

Tested on:01/03/2013 11:28:38
    Score:4588
    Average Framerate:36.971
    Performance:High
     -Easily capable of running the game. Should perform well, even at higher resolutions.

Not bad for a less than $1000- budget PC. :)

System:
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130104-1431)
    AMD FX(tm)-4170 Quad-Core Processor
    8173.242MB
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 (VRAM 4050 MB) 9.18.0013.1407

P.S. Forgot to mention the settings, 1920x1080 @ Max, I would play it with a few things turned off to get a better framerate. I hate bloom and crisp shadows anyway.

Never Expect and Never Oblige...!!!

Ran it again (before I uninstall) and oddly I got a lower overall score with a single monitor -vs- dual, but it did provide a higher Frame Rate. image

Tested on:3/3/2013 1:05:00 PM
    Score:11897
    Average Framerate:114.976

General
    Shadows
    Texture Detail
    Effects
    Cinematic Cutscenes

• xenodudexenodude Member UncommonPosts: 21

I have a Sager N9150, i7 @ 2.3 8gb RAM and a Nvidia GTX 675M. But for some reason i scored 980...

to be honest ive never poked the nvidia settings so im not really sure if it might have something to with that. I just know that score is unacceptabe and that there must be something wrong. Any help would be gladly appreciated.

• Keitaro333Keitaro333 Member UncommonPosts: 36
    Is game performance in beta also under NDA? And if not, can someone say how the game runs compared to the benchmark? Does it give a fair idea of how the game will run?
  • nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862
    Originally posted by Keitaro333
    Is game performance in beta also under NDA? And if not, can someone say how the game runs compared to the benchmark? Does it give a fair idea of how the game will run?

If I were to compare the 1.0 benchmark to the 1.0 game, it was somewhat accurate.  The benchmark can't take into consideration things like crowded areas, so performance seems to drop then regardless.  The 1.0 graphics engine was pretty horrible though.  Ambient Occlusion didn't even work properly.  You could have a Titan video card and you still won't get more than 40 fps in the most crowded of areas, where when I turned it off I could still get really close to 60 fps.

The short answer is no, you're really not supposed to talk about any aspect of the beta test whatsoever.  But I hope my little anecdote above helps.  :)

• nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862
    Originally posted by xenodude

I have a Sager N9150, i7 @ 2.3 8gb RAM and a Nvidia GTX 675M. But for some reason i scored 980...

to be honest ive never poked the nvidia settings so im not really sure if it might have something to with that. I just know that score is unacceptabe and that there must be something wrong. Any help would be gladly appreciated.

I'm not sure what to say, but I think with your CPU alone you should be able to score a lot better than that.

I see that's a mobile video card you have.  Did your laptop come with another integrated graphics card?  It could be using that instead of your Nvidia card.

• Lyko797Lyko797 Member Posts: 2

Asus G60JX 

Tested on:3/6/2013 8:03:20 AM

Score:3225

Average Framerate:26.059

Performance:Fairly High

-Capable of running the game on default settings. Consider switching to a higher resolution depending on performance.

Screen Size: 1360x768

Graphics Presets: High

Tested on:3/6/2013 8:12:09 AM

Score:3548

Average Framerate:28.749

Performance:High

-Easily capable of running the game. Should perform well, even at higher resolutions.

Screen Size: 1280x720

Graphics Presets: High

System:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 720 @ 1.60GHz

8125.172MB

NVIDIA GeForce GTS 360M(VRAM 4049 MB) 9.18.0013.1090

Corsair SSD

• jimdandy26jimdandy26 Member Posts: 527
    Maximum
    Tested on:2/28/2013 10:44:51 AM
    Score:8302
    Average Framerate:71.839

High
    Tested on:2/28/2013 10:39:04 AM
    Score:10893
    Average Framerate:95.083

Both at 1920 x 1080

System:
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130104-1431)
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz
    16269.492MB
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680(VRAM 4042 MB) 9.18.0013.1407

I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won.

To exercise power costs effort and demands courage. That is why so many fail to assert rights to which they are perfectly entitled - because a right is a kind of power but they are too lazy or too cowardly to exercise it. The virtues which cloak these faults are called patience and forbearance.

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Originally posted by Epic1oots

MaxFINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Official Benchmark (Exploration)
    Tested on:3/6/2013 8:34:36
    PMScore:5843
    Average Framerate:47.758
    Performance:Very High -Easily capable of running the game. Should perform exceptionally well, even at higher resolutions.
    System:Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130104-1431)
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 960 @ 3.20GHz
    12286.430MB
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 (VRAM 4044 MB) 9.18.0013.0697 (  Not as high as I hoped, guess its time for a new gpu...... :(  ) 

</p
    looks like a 680 is doing good ati equiv should 2 . my I5 3570k oc to 4.5 ghz and a 7870 slightly oced get like 6656 on the benchmark, it sems the benchmark gains more from a stronger gpu than cpu

• SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743

Tested on:3/7/2013 9:07:03 PM
    Score:8157
    Average Framerate:70.477

Screen Size: 1920x1080
    General
    Shadows
    Texture Detail
    Effects
    Cinematic Cutscenes

System:
    Windows 8 Pro 64-bit (6.2, Build 9200) (9200.win8_rtm.120725-1247)
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz
    16330.707MB
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680(VRAM 4042 MB) 9.18.0013.1414

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283

Tested on:3/8/2013 2:39:48 AM

Score:7108

Average Framerate:58.064

Screen Size: 1920x1080

General

Shadows

Texture Detail

Effects

Cinematic Cutscenes

System:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130104-1431)

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz (4.5 ghz)

8143.523MB

AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series(VRAM 4095 MB) 8.17.0010.1172 (1200/1450 clocks 1.300 vcore)