Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Classes?

2»

Comments

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Originally posted by sapphen
    Originally posted by azarhal

First, GW2 isn't a mess, it's full of crappy players who can't dodge, don't bother with combos or understand action combat. Also, lots of people love zergs. I hope you are ready to see the same in TESO, the combat system is way more action oriented than GW2 one is, combos are super important and zerg existed in DAoC. Doesn't have anything to do with the Trinity existing or not.

That is one of my biggest peeves about people who complain about no trinity in GW2.  The combo system works great and it's awesome when you play with a group who knows what they are doing.  There is no need for trinity but there is no room for slackers.  In the trinity, the most important roles are healing and tanking ~ apart from peeling off healers, kiting or having to burn a target.  In GW2, everyone is important and has to know what they are doing.

To be fair I also have to blame GW2 for not making the group system easier to understand.  Many people never bothered to learn it and just says it sucks because they don't know how to play.  While I don't have a problem with the trinity, I admire GW2 for doing something different. 

GW2 is a mess. You go into a dungeon and there is no tank taking a lead so you get people running in every direction not looking after the glass cannon in the team. Mobs in dungeons dont drop good loot so people run from boss to boss not playing the game to zurg for rewards. Not fun. People are members of 2-6 guilds but you can only rep one at a time. So you have 60 people online but only 3 repping your guild. So you cant orgnize random events and teams without sending tells to everyone and thats a pain. 

Great to have dodge but NPCs have very short tells so you spend more time looking at the floor for circles then at the mobs for a Q on what its going to do next. This has spilled over to PvP and there is no tatics and everyone just zurgs here and there. If you dont have a zurg to join they log off WvW. GW2 really needs to change at the core how their game works with one thought in mind. How can we get people to play the game over rewarding them for zurging in PvE and PvP.

• sapphensapphen Member UncommonPosts: 911
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle

First, GW2 isn't a mess, it's full of crappy players who can't dodge, don't bother with combos or understand action combat. Also, lots of people love zergs. I hope you are ready to see the same in TESO, the combat system is way more action oriented than GW2 one is, combos are super important and zerg existed in DAoC. Doesn't have anything to do with the Trinity existing or not.

That is one of my biggest peeves about people who complain about no trinity in GW2.  The combo system works great and it's awesome when you play with a group who knows what they are doing.  There is no need for trinity but there is no room for slackers.  In the trinity, the most important roles are healing and tanking ~ apart from peeling off healers, kiting or having to burn a target.  In GW2, everyone is important and has to know what they are doing.

To be fair I also have to blame GW2 for not making the group system easier to understand.  Many people never bothered to learn it and just says it sucks because they don't know how to play.  While I don't have a problem with the trinity, I admire GW2 for doing something different. 

GW2 is a mess. You go into a dungeon and there is no tank taking a lead so you get people running in every direction not looking after the glass cannon in the team.

This is what I'm talking about when I say players who have no idea how to group in GW2.  With the trinity system, you have a lot of room for slackers and noobs.  In GW2, you have to group with people who knows how to play.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle

GW2 is a mess. You go into a dungeon and there is no tank taking a lead so you get people running in every direction not looking after the glass cannon in the team.

This is what I'm talking about when I say players who have no idea how to group in GW2.  With the trinity system, you have a lot of room for slackers and noobs.  In GW2, you have to group with people who knows how to play.

True on some levels but also the game mechanics I talked about are broken. All tells are circles not NPC animations (there are some in GW2 but not enough animation tells) So you play the game mostly looking at the floor. Mobs in dungeons take to long to kill for the reward you get so people run by them to get to bosses that have the rewards. ANet needs to balance trash mobs with the loot you get from them so players dont zurg from boss to boss. Also their guild system is a huge problem and thats not the players fault. They are using the tools ANet gives them. Bad players only make up a small % of the problems in GW2. Still playing the game but its not my MMO home. I am still waiting for something better. My hope is in ESO or Wildstar, unless ANet takes a 180 on some things and fixes their game to make it worth playing, not zurging.

• SenanSenan Member UncommonPosts: 788

From my understanding this is the official class listing for ESO:

Ebonheart Pact

• Berserker
    • Bonedancer
    • Healer
    • Hunter
    • Mauler
    • Runemaster
    • Savage
    • Shadowblade
    • Shaman
    • Skald
    • Spiritmaster
    • Thane
    • Valkyrie
    • Warlock
    • Warrior

Daggerfall Covenant

• Armsman
    • Cabalist
    • Cleric
    • Friar
    • Heretic
    • Infiltrator
    • Mauler
    • Mercenary
    • Minstrel
    • Necromancer
    • Paladin
    • Reaver
    • Scout
    • Sorcerer
    • Theurgist
    • Wizard

Aldmeri Dominion

• Animist
    • Bainshee
    • Bard
    • Blademaster
    • Champion
    • Druid
    • Eldritch
    • Enchanter
    • Hero
    • Mauler
    • Mentalist
    • Nightshade
    • Ranger
    • Warden
    • Valewalker
    • Vampiir

Oh how I wish...

I don't think I've ever liked the look and feel of a class as much as the Friar.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207

see this as a TES fan winds me up more than all the histrionics over faction locked teritory.  Having classes just isnt TES at all.  I'm suprised we don't have several epic whine threads over it.  Most of my fun in skyrim and morrowind comes from out of the box thinking in how i play my character, the longevity comes from that too, for instance i have 6 skyrim characters.

now there are problems with a earn skills as you use them system in mmos, as witnessed by all those macroers in darkfall, but i really think a EVE style system for charater development would have suited a tes mmo really well.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207

From my understanding this is the official class listing for ESO:

Ebonheart Pact

• Berserker
    • Bonedancer
    • Healer
    • Hunter
    • Mauler
    • Runemaster
    • Savage
    • Shadowblade
    • Shaman
    • Skald
    • Spiritmaster
    • Thane
    • Valkyrie
    • Warlock
    • Warrior

Daggerfall Covenant

• Armsman
    • Cabalist
    • Cleric
    • Friar
    • Heretic
    • Infiltrator
    • Mauler
    • Mercenary
    • Minstrel
    • Necromancer
    • Paladin
    • Reaver
    • Scout
    • Sorcerer
    • Theurgist
    • Wizard

Aldmeri Dominion

• Animist
    • Bainshee
    • Bard
    • Blademaster
    • Champion
    • Druid
    • Eldritch
    • Enchanter
    • Hero
    • Mauler
    • Mentalist
    • Nightshade
    • Ranger
    • Warden
    • Valewalker
    • Vampiir

well i rather they have no classes at all like EVE or TSW, either of those systems wold fit TES well imo.  But if you must have classes, rather have a ton of them like daoc than a wow style 8 or so classes that every faction shares.  variety is the spice of live after all.  unfortunately i do think the game will have a wow style class / character progression system though.

• sapphensapphen Member UncommonPosts: 911
    Originally posted by ShakyMo

see this as a TES fan winds me up more than all the histrionics over faction locked teritory.  Having classes just isnt TES at all.  I'm suprised we don't have several epic whine threads over it.  Most of my fun in skyrim and morrowind comes from out of the box thinking in how i play my character, the longevity comes from that too, for instance i have 6 skyrim characters.

now there are problems with a earn skills as you use them system in mmos, as witnessed by all those macroers in darkfall, but i really think a EVE style system for charater development would have suited a tes mmo really well.

Although the thought of classes in a TES game slightly urks me, I'm kind of flexible in that area.  I would also prefer to have no classes but I was willing to let it slide depending on how it's done.  It's just the classes, mixed with no proper FPV, the lore/setting and faction locks all together that gets under my skin.

• SpeelySpeely Member CommonPosts: 861
    As long as I can play a Redguard whatever-blademasters-will-be-called, I will enjoy DAoC2 and wait for TES VI: Elsweyr for my open world fix.
  • Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882
    <table sortable="" jquery-tablesorter"="" border="1" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1"> Class Arena Daggerfall Battlespire Morrowind Oblivion Stormhold Shadowkey Oblivion Mobile Acrobat Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes       Agent       Yes Yes       Archer Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes     Yes Assassin Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes   Yes   Barbarian Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Bard Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes       Battlemage Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Burglar Yes Yes Yes           Crusader       Yes Yes       Healer Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes       Knight Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes   Yes Mage Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes       Monk Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes     Yes Nightblade Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Pilgrim       Yes Yes       Ranger Yes Yes Yes           Rogue Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes   Scout       Yes Yes       Sorcerer Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Spellsword Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Thief Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes   Yes   Warrior Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes       Witchhunter       Yes Yes  

They have alot to choose from really.

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882

lmao woah sorry for that wtf.

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com