Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quizzical Appreciation Thread

77lolmac7777lolmac77 Member UncommonPosts: 492

I dont come to this website as often anymore do to a general lack of interes in the current MMOs but I must say I still stop by the hardware forum every now and then and its mostly because of this gentleman.  And I know its pretty obvious to anyone who comes in here but I feel like it can be a good thing for someone to see they are making a positive impact on other people's lives by hearing it from the readers themselves.

Basically, if you ever were helped or educated by something he posted, maybe if he sees how many of us are out there it can bring satisfaction knowing he isnt doing all of this for nothing.

Much respect Quizzical, I know im not the only one who will show it either.

'

Comments

• WookieebobWookieebob Member UncommonPosts: 60
    Originally posted by 77lolmac77

I dont come to this website as often anymore do to a general lack of interes in the current MMOs but I must say I still stop by the hardware forum every now and then and its mostly because of this gentleman.  And I know its pretty obvious to anyone who comes in here but I feel like it can be a good thing for someone to see they are making a positive impact on other people's lives by hearing it from the readers themselves.

Basically, if you ever were helped or educated by something he posted, maybe if he sees how many of us are out there it can bring satisfaction knowing he isnt doing all of this for nothing.

Much respect Quizzical, I know im not the only one who will show it either.

'

I'll second that. I used some of his recomendations from a "Help me build a PC" thread when I put mine together last year. Couldn't be happier with my PC.

• jdkskipjdkskip Member UncommonPosts: 120
    Hear, hear. I especially enjoy when he reviews up-coming gadgets and technologies and the impact they would have or not have, on the computer/gaming community.  Thank you Quizzy. 
  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    I enjoy his commentary on gaming too :)
  • BitterClingerBitterClinger Member UncommonPosts: 439
    You can add me to the Quizz Love Train!
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

I must say he is the best online I know of. I like to think him as the "Rain Man" of computer hardware.

Thank you Quizzical!

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205
    Agree 100% with the sentiments expressed by others. I enjoy reading the advice given by Quizzical on these forums and have learned quite a bit from them. He is one of the main reasons why I still frequent this site! Maybe they should give him his own column...  image

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Definately knows his stuff, without him this section wouldn't get anywhere near as reliable advise as it does. He does have a habit of giving too much info and often looking at numbers rather than real world performance and effects in game with some things, but no one is perfect.

I'm surprised he hasn't been made a mod yet tbh, even if only for the hardware section.

• LecianLecian Member Posts: 19

He helped me build not only my rig but both of my brothers as well. A year later still couldn't be happier!

Just like the rest of the posters here I wanted to say thanks for your time and keep up the good work.

Thanks for the help you ever start an army to take over the world I would enlist;)

• MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632

I agree.

Aerowyn and Iselin are really good contributors as well. 

• LadyEupheiLadyEuphei Member UncommonPosts: 223
    He also has amazing insight into game programming and developement. Hes like a jack of all trades! Thanks Quizzical!

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440
    Add me to the list, helped me more than once. 
  • spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

The word legend is thrown around all too much these days...................................Well? It is! Just saying. Now! What's this thread all about?

JUST KIDDING!!!! Thanks for all the help Quiz you old sea dog! :D

• miguksarammiguksaram Member UncommonPosts: 835
    Originally posted by Aori
    Originally posted by Kabaal

Definately knows his stuff, without him this section wouldn't get anywhere near as reliable advise as it does. He does have a habit of giving too much info and often looking at numbers rather than real world performance and effects in game with some things, but no one is perfect.

I'm surprised he hasn't been made a mod yet tbh, even if only for the hardware section.

Overall Quiz means well and is a wonderful asset to the community. However him being a mod would be a bad idea.

Agree.  Although I do feel many of Quiz' posts could easily be (and probably should be) actual columns on MMORPG rather than just posts.  The fact that hasn't been considered yet surprises me.

• syntax42syntax42 Member UncommonPosts: 1,378

I want to meet Quizzical in real life.  The things I could learn from him...

Until one of us knows what Quizzical is really like, we can only debate which of The Big Bang Theory characters Quizzical is most similar to.  My vote goes for Leonard.

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

Quiz has offered me much advice on a wide variety of techno related issues, and said advice has always led to a better outcome than if i were left to my own devices. Whenever i find myself clueless as to which way is up, he's always come aboard and straightened me out, from this very computer im typing on(he helped build it) to SSD upgrades(he picked it out) to the validity of using a big screen t.v. as a second monitor when it isn't in use otherwise(told me what to look for in a big screen if i wanted to use it, as well as filled me in ont he pro's and con's), as well as multiple times just PMing him and asking about tablet hardware and many many other things.

Said it many a times, this man should be awarded with a Blue Staff tag for all the work he's put in helping all of us.

THANKS QUIZZY!!!!!!x1000

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

I've often wondered if Quzzical is in real life Scott Mueller.  Either way he's an outstanding contributor here.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

Although Quiz and I have disagreed more than once I do respect the man's knowledge. He has helped many on here make informed decisions when it comes to hardware choices. Most of what Quiz and I have disagreed on have been more of a matter of preference than of him lacking knowledge however... I would never accuse him of lacking in knowledge. That he has in abundance.

Your doing a great job on here Quiz... Keep up the good work man!

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• OmiragOmirag Member UncommonPosts: 276
    Quizzical for president, nuff said!

• reb007reb007 Member UncommonPosts: 613

Thanks Quiz, you rock.

• WaldoCornWaldoCorn Member UncommonPosts: 235

few a few years now Ive been stuck at home, with zero income, due to health issues. The place I stay has internet. Because of

Quiz, and a few others, Ive been able to scrape together a PC from old parts, and enjoy on line activities. It keeps my mind active

and helps me not dwell on the negatives. Im very grateful, and feel this is a blessing vrom God.

Thankyou very much and God bless you

See the world and all within it.
    Live a lifetime in every minute.