Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SnailUSA is the worst game company I have ever seen!!!

angelknight4angelknight4 Member Posts: 98

I play Nexon games for 3 years and thought they were the worst. However after playing Age of Wushu for over 3 months, I can finally say SnailUSA is on another level compared to Nexon, they make Nexon looks like a decent company.

1, "Switch and Bait" tactic, Snail has done this TWICE. The first is Elite package with permanent horse that said to be TOO POWERFUL, then gave people the worst possible horse after media outrage. Then they took over half a month VIP timer out of Deluxe package and basically force everyone who paid for it to spend all theirs time in BETA TESTING. They said it was "miscommunication" on advertisement, this is a clear case of FALSE ADVERTISEMENT.

2. They have a horrible customer service. All their event rewards from in game and from purchase gold, not everyone get it and they would delay responses for months before they said "It has been too long, we can't confirm it". Look at the forum, people keep asking when they will recieve rewards.

3. Their response to hacking is "It's your fault, deal with it, not ours problem". People got hack and most of their money transfer to another account, GM basically told them in the face that "not their problem" since it was player's fault despite the hacking come from site affliated with event via Snail. Snail would allow hacker to take your money and would do nothing about it.

4. Communication suppression on the forum, if you talk anything negative about the game, GM will either delete your posts, lock your thread or even BAN you for saying anything negative about the game. I myself talk about how horrible their response with the hacking since my friend got hack. The result is 7 days IP BAN.

5. The game client is over 1 year old. In fact it has been confirmed to be the same version Snail used to BETA TESTING in Chinese server. All the bugs/errors are the same and they are BETA TESTING it again now with paying customers. This is clearly a milking tactic to release contents as slow as possible while making people pay for their BETA TESTING of the same bugs/errors that they already fixed in China version.

6. The game has terrible translation and UI problem. The translation is the same as using Google translator for quick translation. People have been telling them since CBT1, but they think they can fool people into paying for CBT2 with the promises of launch, but then they have "delay launch" later and forced everyone to pay in BETA TESTING. It doesn't take a genius to figure out the game is not ready at all. However, Snail seems to think every players is stupid enough to believe them. Snail never intend to release the game on Feb.1 or mid-March. They just want people to pay for their BETA TESTING with all the bugs/errors that they already fixed in the Chinese version.

Just like PWI, Snail will be another company I will avoid. I have set aside my doubt and to try a game manage by a Chinese company, but their actions just leave me in disgust with deceptive market strategy and the way they run thing. Age of Wushu is a decent game with lots of potential, unfortunately Snail will ruin it with the way they do business up until now.

Comments

• AresPLAresPL Member UncommonPosts: 292

there wasnt hack, lately only alaplaya was hacked means S4 LOCO and few other titles, people fault for using same passwords as in other games, some people log on fake webs that offer free silver and gifts, not company fault

clinet is from august last year, but they are blocking some functions so its like june client which was OB client and still isnt year

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    no offense but what do you really expect from these third party companies ? Every one of them from Aeria to Gpotato are known slumlord companies that do not deserve a dime of profit and to close down. Gpotato is so bad even they come to this forum a couple of months ago to argue with some guy they banned and told people here about it.  Dont give them money is all there is to it , and do not download their scam/addware games they data mine with. If a game company over seas are too cheap to pay a REAL distributor in the US or Europe to carry their game and handle transactions for them , obviously that company doesnt deserve your money either. Look at Archeage whom know they will have success here in America and they got Trion to distribute it a well known company known for fairness and customer service.
  • SQTOSQTO Member UncommonPosts: 189

How much money did you spend to get you this upset ?

For me AoW is the best $20 I have ever spent on a video game.

• PocahinhaPocahinha Member UncommonPosts: 550
    I installed the trial yesterday...and 15 minutes later i deleted that stuff from my hard drive...these damn generic poorly made asian mmorpgs are all the same, its like a factory doing the same product and calling different names to it.
  • angelknight4angelknight4 Member Posts: 98
    Originally posted by SQTO

Same, only paid 20 dollars for Deluxe and basically every events so far with cultivation points as reward, I never get them. I sent over 10 emails to support and over 1 month, they told me they can't check it now because it has been long time.

I get this mad because I basically ask GM to do something about my friend account. We play a lot together and now he is quitting the game because he lost over 30D in his account. He asks GM and GM told him "they know about transfer of money from his account, but it is not their problem to do anything". I then talk in forum about this, asking them to help and somehow said a few negative things in the process about how Snail has done poorly so far.

The result is my posts got delete and my forum account got IP BAN for 7 days out of nowhere because GM doesn't like people talk a bad in their forum.

• VindicarVindicar Member UncommonPosts: 138

I love Wushu and I must admit... this game diserves a much better company...

But that said... may be this isn't milking strategy and just... plain incompetence... I actually hope so rofl

Old school french hardcore whiner. Online since T4C.

I was "Namless" and "Daroot" in AO (Rk2)
    Been known as "Vindicar" (Aion (EU), SWTOR (EU), WoW (EU).
    Recently  Known as "Wundicar" and "Wundee" in Age of Wushu (US) and Wulin (EU)

Franky Rivera Reyes , From the Reyes Brotherhood (Star Citizen)

Originally posted by AresPL

there wasnt hack, lately only alaplaya was hacked means S4 LOCO and few other titles, people fault for using same passwords as in other games, some people log on fake webs that offer free silver and gifts, not company fault

clinet is from august last year, but they are blocking some functions so its like june client which was OB client and still isnt year

Funny thing is most people who lost money are the richest in game with 20-40D on their account.

THe problem is how GM handles it, just like another games Snail manage, hackers walk around with money and gears they got from people and GM actually DO NOTHING about it.

GM said "they checked the account, found transfer of money from the account to another, but since it is player's fault, they are not going to do anything".

The same thing with divinator scam at the start of the game, the text box is not big enough to show the money being ask. The result is lots of people got scam and it clearly Snail fault, but they again DO NOTHING about it and let's all the scam walk around with lots of money.

• SQTOSQTO Member UncommonPosts: 189
    Originally posted by angelknight4

Same, only paid 20 dollars for Deluxe and basically every events so far with cultivation points as reward, I never get them. I sent over 10 emails to support and over 1 month, they told me they can't check it now because it has been long time.

I get this mad because I basically ask GM to do something about my friend account. We play a lot together and now he is quitting the game because he lost over 30D in his account. He asks GM and GM told him "they know about transfer of money from his account, but it is not their problem to do anything". I then talk in forum about this, asking them to help and somehow said a few negative things in the process about how Snail has done poorly so far.

The result is my posts got delete and my forum account got IP BAN for 7 days out of nowhere because GM doesn't like people talk a bad in their forum.

Every mmo i have played has always had the same attitude about accounts getting hacked. 

Originally posted by Vindicar

But that said... may be this isn't milking strategy and just... plain incompetence... I actually hope so rofl

Actually, I think it is more like GREED. I love Age of Wushu also and I am about to have enough with Snail. Age of Wulin maybe if they have better translation.

So far, every action Snail did just scream GREED to me. And as for milking money, like I said Snail is using the same client that they used in Chinese version during BETA testing period. All the same bugs/errors people are experiencing now already been fixed in Chinese version. Somehow they don't think it is a good idea to use a more recent client version with those bugs/errors already fixed.

Every mmo i have played has always had the same attitude about accounts getting hacked. 

So, which game then, care to list? I read a post during hacking incident and GM basically delete that post before I got the link.

It said Snail in China manage a game, then somehow they mess up and lots of people got hack. Those hackers basically wear the gears and show off in the forum for everyone to see and Snail did nothing about it.

Also, those games you will list? Does the security as bad as this game? I mean you can create account without even a valid email account.

So far, every action Snail did just scream GREED to me. And as for milking money, like I said Snail is using the same client that they used in Chinese version during BETA testing period. All the same bugs/errors people are experiencing now already been fixed in Chinese version. Somehow they don't think it is a good idea to use a more recent client version with those bugs/errors already fixed.

Same state of mind here, bro.

But knowing Gpotatoe I'm a little afraid of what Wulin might turn into into their hands.  that said... I'm willing to see for myself since they "swear" they are working on their own translation and on a better beta version....

• AresPLAresPL Member UncommonPosts: 292
    gpotato now=webzen
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,004
    Coulda told you the company sucked already that's why I haven't played the game.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788

so why did you need 3 months to see this ?!

i saw it after 3 hours already.. ..

Originally posted by rawfox

so why did you need 3 months to see this ?!

i saw it after 3 hours already.. ..

you da man

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    Come on, worse than EAware? Worse than Arenanet? Impossibru.

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

Originally posted by FromHell
    Come on, worse than EAware? Worse than Arenanet? Impossibru.

different styles in worsetitudz lol

Snail I don't know much about... but what they show here with the US wushu is pretty horrible.

Gpotatoe  did turn some nice licenses into horribles P2W and/or totally messed up with good games' ruleset.

Webzen (who bought gapotatoe if I'm correct) : I don't know about.

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709
    Originally posted by Pocahinha
    I installed the trial yesterday...and 15 minutes later i deleted that stuff from my hard drive...these damn generic poorly made asian mmorpgs are all the same, its like a factory doing the same product and calling different names to it.

Interesting. Most people who have actually played the game seem to agree that it's full of unique features and doesn't resemble any other game really (EVE being the closest comparison).

But ofc you know better, having played 15 minutes and all. Please tell us more, your expertise and experience is impressive.

As for the OP: he's one of the most dedicated haters over at the official forums, spouting the same whines and complaints over and over again for months now. Perhaps they got tired of seeing it and just banned his *ss, after all most of his compaints have been adressed multiple times so there's not much to discuss. But hey, at least mmorpg.com is here so the "discussion" can continue, lol.

Snail is a greedy company for sure but here's a newsflash: they all are! There are no philantropist good guys handing out AAA entertainment for free, so if you're waiting for any MMO company to behave like saints when it comes to taking your money, don't hold your breath.

At least these guys have delivered an awesome game. Totally worth 10 bucks/month imho, and if by chance I'd feel that they're ripping me off or behaving unprofessionally, I'll just stop paying them. I can still play the game without paying a cent.

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    Originally posted by Vindicar

I couldn't agree more. I was 100% on the bandwagon and got bumped off by plain 'ol mismanagement.  It's sad.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• RzepRzep Member UncommonPosts: 767
    A nice ranking of these services would be useful. We all know that Snail is terrible, but whats good?
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

I play Nexon games for 3 years and thought they were the worst. However after playing Age of Wushu for over 3 months, I can finally say SnailUSA is on another level compared to Nexon, they make Nexon looks like a decent company.

1, "Switch and Bait" tactic, Snail has done this TWICE. The first is Elite package with permanent horse that said to be TOO POWERFUL, then gave people the worst possible horse after media outrage. Then they took over half a month VIP timer out of Deluxe package and basically force everyone who paid for it to spend all theirs time in BETA TESTING. They said it was "miscommunication" on advertisement, this is a clear case of FALSE ADVERTISEMENT.

2. They have a horrible customer service. All their event rewards from in game and from purchase gold, not everyone get it and they would delay responses for months before they said "It has been too long, we can't confirm it". Look at the forum, people keep asking when they will recieve rewards.

3. Their response to hacking is "It's your fault, deal with it, not ours problem". People got hack and most of their money transfer to another account, GM basically told them in the face that "not their problem" since it was player's fault despite the hacking come from site affliated with event via Snail. Snail would allow hacker to take your money and would do nothing about it.

4. Communication suppression on the forum, if you talk anything negative about the game, GM will either delete your posts, lock your thread or even BAN you for saying anything negative about the game. I myself talk about how horrible their response with the hacking since my friend got hack. The result is 7 days IP BAN.

5. The game client is over 1 year old. In fact it has been confirmed to be the same version Snail used to BETA TESTING in Chinese server. All the bugs/errors are the same and they are BETA TESTING it again now with paying customers. This is clearly a milking tactic to release contents as slow as possible while making people pay for their BETA TESTING of the same bugs/errors that they already fixed in China version.

6. The game has terrible translation and UI problem. The translation is the same as using Google translator for quick translation. People have been telling them since CBT1, but they think they can fool people into paying for CBT2 with the promises of launch, but then they have "delay launch" later and forced everyone to pay in BETA TESTING. It doesn't take a genius to figure out the game is not ready at all. However, Snail seems to think every players is stupid enough to believe them. Snail never intend to release the game on Feb.1 or mid-March. They just want people to pay for their BETA TESTING with all the bugs/errors that they already fixed in the Chinese version.

Just like PWI, Snail will be another company I will avoid. I have set aside my doubt and to try a game manage by a Chinese company, but their actions just leave me in disgust with deceptive market strategy and the way they run thing. Age of Wushu is a decent game with lots of potential, unfortunately Snail will ruin it with the way they do business up until now.

So this is the only problem you have with the game? You don't like the CS though. That's understandable. I've never needed them, every system is do polished. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • AlamarethAlamareth Member UncommonPosts: 570

Err, lot's of meaningless rage here.  First off, if SnailUSA's databases were not compromised then they owe you nothing.  They are legally obligated to disclose any breach of security nor are they responsible for your account information being compromised by anyone other entity.  That said, they offered many solutions to help individuals protect themselves with unauthorized access to their accounts.  Most of it is common sense, but if anything - this proves that the world needs far more common sense.

As for the feature set and being a "generic" MMO.  I say...what the hell are you smoking.  This is about the only non-generic MMO I've played in years.  It reminds me a little of what people thought of Saga of Ryzom - we want new things, but wait you didn't to MY new thing so I hate it.  HATE IITTTTTT.  MMO gamers these days, pathetic.

False advertisement - you must be one of the trolls from the AoW forums.  They finally get around to banning you?

Customer service IS horrible and they HAVE acknowledged it.  I'd expect to see it get far better as we approach release.  They've said several times that if 72 hours have passed, get customer service involved.  I've personally not had one single issue.  Their customer service was quick, correct, and they fixed my problems graciously.

Totally not true regarding the forums.  What they lock are things that aren't posted in the proper topics (happened to me) and things that CLEARLY VIOLATED THEIR RULES.  For instance, talking about bots.  It's not that they are hiding it, indeed they encourage you to send an email to customer service.  It's the fact that the forums are not the proper place for discussing things like that.  It's not unusual.

Again, they addressed why the client is old.  They aren't able to "shoehorn" in the patches because their localization goes well beyond simple translations.  Yeah, it's a little annoying but I've played games that did the straight translation and its BAD.

UI completely and entirely blows huge nasty chunks.  Good thing they are releasing a patch within a month or two to give it a total facial reconstruction.

So yeah...as I said before - lots of rage, very little knowledge.

Originally posted by Biskop
    Originally posted by Pocahinha

Interesting. Most people who have actually played the game seem to agree that it's full of unique features and doesn't resemble any other game really (EVE being the closest comparison).

But ofc you know better, having played 15 minutes and all. Please tell us more, your expertise and experience is impressive.

As for the OP: he's one of the most dedicated haters over at the official forums, spouting the same whines and complaints over and over again for months now. Perhaps they got tired of seeing it and just banned his *ss, after all most of his compaints have been adressed multiple times so there's not much to discuss. But hey, at least mmorpg.com is here so the "discussion" can continue, lol.

Snail is a greedy company for sure but here's a newsflash: they all are! There are no philantropist good guys handing out AAA entertainment for free, so if you're waiting for any MMO company to behave like saints when it comes to taking your money, don't hold your breath.

At least these guys have delivered an awesome game. Totally worth 10 bucks/month imho, and if by chance I'd feel that they're ripping me off or behaving unprofessionally, I'll just stop paying them. I can still play the game without paying a cent.

And how do you think I am a hater to begin with? I was willing to spend money to buy Deluxe package, I spent over 3 months in BETA TEST. Tell me, oh defender of Snail.

The answer is easy, because broken promises and undelivered rewards couple with oh THEY LIE again and again.

Ahh yes, I spout complain, but let's see THEY ARE ALL REAL. Those complaint are valid and Snail did nothing, people defend them.

Snail is a greedy company and so are many others companies. And your point is? You are telling me because some companies are GREEDY, we shouldn't complaint about it and just pretend nothing happen? Nice logic there.

The game has potential, but telling me the current state of the game full of bugs/errors and forcing to pay for BETA is awesome, you show your true color of Snail's apologist.

Originally posted by Alamareth

Err, lot's of meaningless rage here.  First off, if SnailUSA's databases were not compromised then they owe you nothing.  They are legally obligated to disclose any breach of security nor are they responsible for your account information being compromised by anyone other entity.  That said, they offered many solutions to help individuals protect themselves with unauthorized access to their accounts.  Most of it is common sense, but if anything - this proves that the world needs far more common sense.

First of all, they are obligate to do something to help player. People are not asking much, but their overall reponses is to refer to an article and that's it. They let's hacker walk around with lots of hack money, how do you like a company that response with this "hacker can hack, we don't care"? The response shows little to no interest to the player is the one that set off people.

As for the feature set and being a "generic" MMO.  I say...what the hell are you smoking.  This is about the only non-generic MMO I've played in years.  It reminds me a little of what people thought of Saga of Ryzom - we want new things, but wait you didn't to MY new thing so I hate it.  HATE IITTTTTT.  MMO gamers these days, pathetic.

Apparently, you need some reading comprehension because I never say any of these thing. You are mixing up other people with what I said, GG

False advertisement - you must be one of the trolls from the AoW forums.  They finally get around to banning you?

Ahh yes, because telling something in Deluxe like 19 days of VIP in CBT2 and 60 days VIP timer start at launch, then change their words after that and basically told everyone that it was a "miscommunication". If that is not FALSE ADVERTISEMENT, I don't know what is.

And you are telling me that telling the truth is a troll, then what are you?

Customer service IS horrible and they HAVE acknowledged it.  I'd expect to see it get far better as we approach release.  They've said several times that if 72 hours have passed, get customer service involved.  I've personally not had one single issue.  Their customer service was quick, correct, and they fixed my problems graciously.

So, when did they acknowledge it? They are deceptive and if you ask any old players, they never give rewards on time, sometimes it take 2-3 weeks. Most of the time they never deliver rewards and the red text box at the bottom of each event is "Support will not be responsible for undelivered rewards".

It seems you don't even know what you are talking about and defend Snail to death.

Totally not true regarding the forums.  What they lock are things that aren't posted in the proper topics (happened to me) and things that CLEARLY VIOLATED THEIR RULES.  For instance, talking about bots.  It's not that they are hiding it, indeed they encourage you to send an email to customer service.  It's the fact that the forums are not the proper place for discussing things like that.  It's not unusual.

And have you said anything negative about Snail so far? I bet you haven't and you have been praising them for everything. Of course they wouldn't delete your posts or do anything to you. You are a poster child, someone would help them out and apology everything for them. VIOLATED THEIR RULES LIKE TALK NEGATIVE ON THEIR BOARD? That's is SUPPRESSION OF COMMUNICATION right there. And I don't talk about bot, they lock enough thread about it to show they care little about bots.

Again, they addressed why the client is old.  They aren't able to "shoehorn" in the patches because their localization goes well beyond simple translations.  Yeah, it's a little annoying but I've played games that did the straight translation and its BAD.

Apology again, what about bugs/errors that already been fixed? They can say anything and you would still believe them. The very fact that the long list of bugs/exploits in Chinese version that are long fixed, they are here now, again you would still apology to them.

UI completely and entirely blows huge nasty chunks.  Good thing they are releasing a patch within a month or two to give it a total facial reconstruction.

Apparently you are the one with little knowledge since obviously all you do is apology and again trying to say "things will be better, just wait". They said new UI is uniquely crafted for US version and yet Chinese version has it first, lol. And everything they said they will fix, it has been MONTHS and those still there. Obviously you are just a Snail apologist with little information and always apology for Snail whenver you can.

• AlamarethAlamareth Member UncommonPosts: 570
    Originally posted by Alamareth

First of all, they are obligate to do something to help player. People are not asking much, but their overall reponses is to refer to an article and that's it. They let's hacker walk around with lots of hack money, how do you like a company that response with this "hacker can hack, we don't care"? The response shows little to no interest to the player is the one that set off people.

Apparently, you need some reading comprehension because I never say any of these thing. You are mixing up other people with what I said, GG

Ahh yes, because telling something in Deluxe like 19 days of VIP in CBT2 and 60 days VIP timer start at launch, then change their words after that and basically told everyone that it was a "miscommunication". If that is not FALSE ADVERTISEMENT, I don't know what is.

And you are telling me that telling the truth is a troll, then what are you?

So, when did they acknowledge it? They are deceptive and if you ask any old players, they never give rewards on time, sometimes it take 2-3 weeks. Most of the time they never deliver rewards and the red text box at the bottom of each event is "Support will not be responsible for undelivered rewards".

It seems you don't even know what you are talking about and defend Snail to death.

And have you said anything negative about Snail so far? I bet you haven't and you have been praising them for everything. Of course they wouldn't delete your posts or do anything to you. You are a poster child, someone would help them out and apology everything for them. VIOLATED THEIR RULES LIKE TALK NEGATIVE ON THEIR BOARD? That's is SUPPRESSION OF COMMUNICATION right there. And I don't talk about bot, they lock enough thread about it to show they care little about bots.

Apology again, what about bugs/errors that already been fixed? They can say anything and you would still believe them. The very fact that the long list of bugs/exploits in Chinese version that are long fixed, they are here now, again you would still apology to them.

Apparently you are the one with little knowledge since obviously all you do is apology and again trying to say "things will be better, just wait". They said new UI is uniquely crafted for US version and yet Chinese version has it first, lol. And everything they said they will fix, it has been MONTHS and those still there. Obviously you are just a Snail apologist with little information and always apology for Snail whenver you can.

Oh, this is just sad.  Umm...I'll start at the top.

1) No, their obligation is not to "help" you.  It never was.  They are providing a service.  For as long as that service is properly run with no security breaches, they have done their part.  Think of it this way.  You leave your TV outside of your apartment for 2 hours.  When you return to check on it, you find that it was stolen.  Do you go complain to your landlord about their lax security?

2) That wasn't in response to you anyway.

3) Destructors - is that you?

4) They acknowledge in like...every single post?  They are working with their technical team to create more efficient processes and effective tools ect. ect.  You'd have to be intentionally dense to miss those messages.

5) Yes, I've said many negative things about Snail - all the topics are still open.  I was one of the first to complain about the UI and poor localization.  I created several topics about how the multi-boxing system allows for easy exploitation of the constable and bounty system.  The difference is that I don't sound like a raving lunatic.  Your suppression of communication is my orderly forum.  If you've actually GM'd or moderated a big forum, you'd begin to understand why those rules are executed with an iron fist.  If anything, the moderation team at AoW is EXTREMELY lax on their rules.

6) I believe them because it matches what my own experiences with MMORPGs tell me.  If you have never worked on one, or been part of a testing team I wouldn't expect you to understand.  Localization is a freaking HUGE undertaking.  It's not just a matter of translation, they are literally rebuilding the game ground up.  That means many of the bugs have to be resubmitted and recoded in a way that fits into the larger scheme of the localizing process.  They can't just hotfix problems with Chinese patches (although boy, that would be nice).  Their team even explained this in a pretty long post, which most people didn't bother to read.  I'm shocked they even bothered to try.

7) Tell you what, let me know your in-game name and I'll give you a real reason to quit the game.  Deal?

This discussion has been closed.