Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DUST 514: The Value of a Drop Suit

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

CCP Games has released a new developer diary to highlight the importance of drop suits to DUST 514 players. Drop suits are full body armors that are worn by infantry units in the upcoming MMOFPS. Check it out!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494

Are they gonna release for ps4 as well?

• DJMantissDJMantiss Member Posts: 100
    They really need to have this for PC and Xbox as well. While the PS4 might end up with a larger audience, the PS3 audience is only a fraction of what they could end up reaching out to.
  • RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494
    Originally posted by DJMantiss
    They really need to have this for PC and Xbox as well. While the PS4 might end up with a larger audience, the PS3 audience is only a fraction of what they could end up reaching out to.

I believe they do this because of the so many hackers on pc using aim bots etc

Ps3 is more difficult to get hacked

• SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135
    Since when did companies care about hacking over number of players? They probably have an exclusive deal with Sony to make this PS specific.

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• YalexyYalexy Member UncommonPosts: 1,058

Originally posted by DJMantiss

CCP never intended to release Dust514 on the PC. They asked Microsoft to release on Xbox360, but Microsoft denied crossplatform communication so PS3 was the only option.

CCP don't want a PC-shooter due to the tons of hacks and cheats being used there. You need to realise, that Dust514 is interacting with EvE Online and hacks and cheats in a very competitive PvP-MMO are a neckbreaker.

So yeah, keep dreaming about Dust514 being released for PC or Xbox.

• godpuppetgodpuppet Member Posts: 1,416

EVE Storyline = Great! 

Futuristic FPS = Superb!

Inter-linking MMO effects = Marvellous!

PS3 Only = Shite...

I played consoles back in the day as much as anyone. Snes, PS1 PS2, N64. But after discovering the mouse & keyboard in the FPS genre, going back to joypad controls is like going into a fist fight after swallowing a bottle of whiskey. Frustrating.

Nor will I buy a PS3 just to play this game, seeing as the last one I bought, I sold a month later, realising 90% of the games were linear, repetative pish with no depth or already available on PC..

So I guess I wont ever be playing this game. Something tells me im not alone on this one either. :S

Most PC FPS'ers have anti-cheat software. Something easily achievable with CCP's budget and beta testing durations.

---

I dont know why they bother posting on these sites, most people are just going to be pissed they sold out to the console "quick thrills" gamer..

---

• megaraxmegarax Member UncommonPosts: 269
    Originally posted by godpuppet

EVE Storyline = Great! 

Futuristic FPS = Superb!

PS3 Only = Shite...

I played consoles back in the day as much as anyone. Snes, PS1 PS2, N64. But after discovering the mouse & keyboard in the FPS genre, going back to joypad controls is like going into a fist fight after swallowing a bottle of whiskey. Frustrating.

Nor will I buy a PS3 just to play this game, seeing as the last one I bought, I sold a month later, realising 90% of the games were linear, repetative pish with no depth or already available on PC..

So I guess I wont ever be playing this game. Something tells me im not alone on this one either. :S

Most PC FPS'ers have anti-cheat software. Something easily achievable with CCP's budget and beta testing durations.

Why don't you use mouse and keyaboard playing Dust 514 then? There's nothing stopping you.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by granit1024

EVE Storyline = Great! 

Futuristic FPS = Superb!

PS3 Only = Shite...

Why don't you use mouse and keyaboard playing Dust 514 then? There's nothing stopping you.

Yes, as people have repeatedly stated on every Dust thread it has native support for USB keyboard and mouse. I guess some people just can't hear it.

Originally posted by RefMinor

EVE Storyline = Great! 

Futuristic FPS = Superb!

PS3 Only = Shite...

Yes, as people have repeatedly stated on every Dust thread it has native support for USB keyboard and mouse. I guess some people just can't hear it.

EVE Storyline = Great! 

Futuristic FPS = Superb!

PS3 Only = Shite...

Really? Well... Fair point well presented..

I guess all I can say is im not prepared to shell out £200 to buy a PS3 for one game.

---

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Spiider
    Since when did companies care about hacking over number of players?

The DUST 514 players battle for planets in EVE Online, and the results of those battles affects the ability to control or hold territory in EVE. You'd probably want as little hacking as possible affecting something like that. :)

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452

Originally posted by RefMinor

EVE Storyline = Great! 

Futuristic FPS = Superb!

PS3 Only = Shite...

EVE Storyline = Great! 

Futuristic FPS = Superb!

PS3 Only = Shite...

Really? Well... Fair point well presented..

I guess all I can say is im not prepared to shell out £200 to buy a PS3 for one game.

Fair enough, although it is £135 for a 12Gb PS3 (includes BluRay player if that helps) 

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    Originally posted by SBFord

CCP Games has released a new developer diary to highlight the importance of drop suits to DUST 514 players.

lol they are better off highlighting the importance of being able to play DUST 514 on PC...

Really need to get their priorities straight.

• zmfeczmfec Member Posts: 3
    This game being only PS is a spit in the face to the community. It is not worth the effort.

Sorry for party rockin.....

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297
    Originally posted by zmfec
    This game being only PS is a spit in the face to the community. It is not worth the effort.

In your ideal world, what kind of punishment would companies who had the monstrous inhumanity to make a game you wanted to play for a machine you didn't own suffer?

Prison?

Amputation? (Cut off the hand that did the deed! Tear out the tongue that uttered the blasphemy!)

Execution?!

Incidentally, which community are you referring to, exactly? PC owners? FPSers? X-Box owners?

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297
    Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG
    Originally posted by SBFord

CCP Games has released a new developer diary to highlight the importance of drop suits to DUST 514 players.

lol they are better off highlighting the importance of being able to play DUST 514 on PC...

Really need to get their priorities straight.

Over 1.1 million Dust accounts created already. Just saying.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• MyriaMyria Member UncommonPosts: 699
    Originally posted by Malcanis

Over 1.1 million Dust accounts created already. Just saying.

Yeah, I'm one of 'em. Played an hour or two, or tried to. Game kept locking up my PS3. Tried updating it a week or two later to try it again, again was crashing my PS3. Deleted.

Yeah, I know, it was beta. That's fine and all, but there was nothing there interesting enough for me to ever bother with it again. Too many other, frankly better (imho), choices out there.

Not slagging the game, personally just don't care about it one way or another. But I am saying "accounts created", for Dust or any other F2P game, is about the most pointless metric possible.