Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Join SOLA in Neverwinter

Perry86Perry86 Member Posts: 58

Hear Ye, Hear Ye,

We are SOLA!

SOLA is a group of Christian gamers who seek to develop a community of Acceptance and Encouragement!

SOLA was formed back in June 2012 by Dosmas and a few others who were looking forward to the launch of Guild Wars 2 and have been very successful in that time. We have an overall membership of over 500 people that have played Guild Wars 2, The Secret World and Rift with us at one time or another.

Due to the excitement surrounding Neverwinter and the demand of our membership we have formed the SOLA Neverwinter branch.

Our Goal is to be known as friendly and helpful members of all games we play including Neverwinter.

While SOLA was founded by Christians it is NOT Required for Membership. All we expect of our membership is to be respectful, and to act in an honorable manner.

We have people from every spectrum of gamers, young and old, hardcore and casual, PvEers, and PvPers. We will strive to be active in all areas of Neverwinter and we will work to accomplish everything Neverwinter has to offer, and then when we run out of content made by cryptic we will make our own content

The only requirement for membership is to read our code of conduct and to fill out an applicationwith a bit of information about you. If you have any questions, comments or ever want to meet us or join us, come on over to our forums.

We have forums, and a voice chat system that we have used for some time.

May He Bless us All as we tell our Story for HIS Glory!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OPOHvNe7z3Q

Comments

• NitemareMMONitemareMMO Member UncommonPosts: 239

Your post has a tendency to catch fire puting your religious bias along the gaming recruitment info. If it does mods will remove it and your good intentions will be in vain for the scope of this site.

Good luck otherwise!

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643

As someone whom would never join this group, I see nothing wrong with them putting their religion out there.  It tells people who they are and better to know now then find out after joining the group.  Best of luck on your recruiting efforts.

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    It's good to see guilds like this, best of luck guys!

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• tagtarsistagtarsis Member UncommonPosts: 35
    Originally posted by Zekiah
    It's good to see guilds like this, best of luck guys!

Thanks Zekiah, I love the quote about censorship by the way.

This game Neverwinter is looking so sweet!

I cant tell you how excited I am for its combat system and the foundry.

Again love the quote.

• mazutmazut Member UncommonPosts: 988
    Excelent pvp target dummy ;)
    Originally posted by mazut
    Excelent pvp target dummy ;)

::Ducks:: I think someone shoot an arrow at me.  ;)

• Alber_gamerAlber_gamer Member UncommonPosts: 588

Had no idea there were religious-based guilds in mmo gaming. Heh, shows how the market has grown.

I'm atheist and couldn't endure a guild like this, but tolerance is an important value to keep in mind, and so long you tolerate everyone else and their beliefts, I wish you luck with your recruitment.

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

• Perry86Perry86 Member Posts: 58
    SOLA will be playing on the mindflayer server during the second beta weekend. Hope to see everyone in the game. 

Hey, everyone we have had a great day in beta yesterday. Looking forward to another great day today many of our member are already hard at it exploring everything the game has to offer. We really like what we have seen in Neverwinter and can't wait for the finished product. 

If anyone would like to join us in our exploration of Neverwinter please check out our website at http://solaguild.com/home

I had a ton of fun this weekend Perry.

We had a good amount of people online each night, we did the first dungeon and got to play with a-lot of the features in Neverwinter. I am impressed about where this game is going. I am very excited for launch, and we have a bunch of others in the guild who are really looking forward to some D&D....

Come on over and join us at SOLA http://www.solaguild.com/

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by tagtarsis

I had a ton of fun this weekend Perry.

We had a good amount of people online each night, we did the first dungeon and got to play with a-lot of the features in Neverwinter. I am impressed about where this game is going. I am very excited for launch, and we have a bunch of others in the guild who are really looking forward to some D&D....

Come on over and join us at SOLA http://www.solaguild.com/

New website eh? Looks very nice, gj.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• allahuakbarallahuakbar Member Posts: 1
    K.
  • CacaphonyCacaphony Member Posts: 738

Hmm, ya know what? I'm not religious, but after reading the "Who we are" section on your website, you sold me. I can be a bit cynical on the forums here sometimes, but I'm really not a bad guy :P.

I think I will apply!

Originally posted by Zekiah

New website eh? Looks very nice, gj.

Thanks Zekiah we did so a lot of work on that the other day... Thanks for your input I really appriciate that.

Originally posted by Cacaphony

Hmm, ya know what? I'm not religious, but after reading the "Who we are" section on your website, you sold me. I can be a bit cynical on the forums here sometimes, but I'm really not a bad guy :P.

I think I will apply!

That sounds great Cacaphony.

We are happy to have you.

SOLA's Neverwinter Refugees are gearing up for the beta weekend 3 that starts tomarrow.

Due to the great posts on the Neverwinter forums by the Foundry beta testers we are looking forward to running some foundry missions and dungeons together as a guild this weekend.

Again, swing by and check us out.

We had a great time in Beta last night. Did a lot of Foundry missions and were really impressed by the quality of there player made content especially as people have only had a week or so to make most of this stuff. I can't wait to see what will com eout of the foundry after launch when people have a few months to really master this tool. 

SOLA will be doing more foundry missions today and maybe some PvP. So please feel free to message one of us or check us out at http://solaguild.com

SOLA as a guild did a bunch of the User Generated Content tonight. We made freash characters and grouped up only to start doing UGC at level 5 and we had a blast. It was actually fun to do this kind of content and not have to level up on Cryptics main quests.

This tool has a bunch of potential.

It has come to my atention that many of my clients were killed in this most recent Neverwinter beta. As council for the Orcs I must protest the wanton slaughter of my clients. Their brutal natures are a result of segregation from society. This segregation has resulted in sever emotional trauma that is unconscionable by civilized society's. Rather Orcish peoples must be embraced as a distinct and varied culture that has value in its own right. Orcs are not beasts to kill for pleasure that are unique individuals that express themselves with maximized audio projections and hemophemic artistry. 

It should be clear to any civilized person that the senseless killing of the people of such a vibrant culture for simple entertainment are the true villains here and should not be tolerated.

We in SOLA are really excited for the start of the NWO open beta on the 30th of april. We have a bunch of players that will be playing togather at launch and having a bast with everything this game has to offer. 

If you enjoy hanging out with a solid group of gamers in a clean and friendly enviornment then you should check us out. 

Cyriptic has made some awsome chages to the game and added some cool content really enjoying Beta weekend 4

• BookahBookah Member UncommonPosts: 260

"SOLA was founded with Judeo-Christian teachings and a Biblical world-view in mind"

I have met alot of cristian MMO players, funny i remember our friends Dad throwing our D&D books into the ocean becasue they were "Evil!"

Im glad to see for most of us times have changed for the better.

I have a few good gamer friends i will send in your direction.

DO you know what sevrer you guys will be on yet?

SOLA hasn't picked a shard/ server to play on yet but we should have one picked by the 22nd 

Originally posted by Bookah

"SOLA was founded with Judeo-Christian teachings and a Biblical world-view in mind"

I have met alot of cristian MMO players, funny i remember our friends Dad throwing our D&D books into the ocean becasue they were "Evil!"

Im glad to see for most of us times have changed for the better.

I have a few good gamer friends i will send in your direction.

DO you know what sevrer you guys will be on yet?

Hey Bookah,

I ran into so struggles with that same thing back in the day, My parrents were very concerned about my D&D books, but they did look at them and realized it was not evil, they allowed me to play games and video games.

Books went into the ocean???? WOW so now we have a bunch of sharks and squid playing D&D..... :)

We are always looking for people who share our way of doing things and people who are looking for a family friendly enviroment to play games in. Our community is growing and we have a strong active core of people who use our voice chat daily even though NWO is not out yet, see you guys in game!

• ewoksruleewoksrule Member UncommonPosts: 5
    SOLA is a great bunch of guys/gals, looking forward to playing Neverwinter with them!