Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Heraldry, Cloaks, shields, Tabards etc

falcukfalcuk Member UncommonPosts: 42
Please let us have these, i loved the fact i could display my guilds Heraldry on my cloak, shield etc, let us have tabards also, and let us design our heraldry too!

Comments

• morfidonmorfidon Member Posts: 245

I agree, look how cool it looked:

• Niix_OzekNiix_Ozek Member Posts: 397
    I miss those icons. So simple

Ozek - DAOC
    Niix - Other games that sucked

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    Originally posted by falcuk
    Please let us have these, i loved the fact i could display my guilds Heraldry on my cloak, shield etc, let us have tabards also, and let us design our heraldry too!

Copy and paste DAOC's emblem system except with even more emblem graphics and I would be very happy.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• StilerStiler Member Posts: 599
    I agree, tabbards (which can go over armour) , cloaks, and sheilds, all should be able to have your coat of arms/guild emblem on them, it'd be nice if it was in CU.
  • OdamanOdaman Member UncommonPosts: 195
    Agreed, it's simple yet many games try it differently and it looks terrible. 
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916

Oh and...

/hood

best feature ever.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• OdamanOdaman Member UncommonPosts: 195
    Originally posted by nilden

Oh and...

/hood

best feature ever.

QFT I've missed it in every game.

• Lore84Lore84 Member Posts: 69
    Originally posted by falcuk

Agreed, CU really sould have an emblem system to display on shields, cloaks etc. I see no reason not to have it, and it fits in with promoting guild and realm pride.

Ex-DAOC, Excalibur

• tmtProdigytmtProdigy Member Posts: 16

Oh and...

/hood

best feature ever.

yes, please.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Expectations high for a Kickstarter project. But like this idea. But on a modern day engine? I believe some of you all are pushing it.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• falcukfalcuk Member UncommonPosts: 42

lol wtf at the above poster? clearly knows nothing about MMO's old or new, that screenshot is from DAOC which has had this system over 10yrs, clearly not an issue then and i seriously doubt it will be an issue now.....

and your an mmo expert? hahaha

• EllyaEllya Member Posts: 99

Oh and...

/hood

best feature ever.

+1 for that! Excellent feature!

• BowbowDAoCBowbowDAoC Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Originally posted by Ellya

Oh and...

/hood

best feature ever.

+1 for that! Excellent feature!

+1 !

Bowbow (kob hunter) Infecto (kob cave shammy) and Thurka (troll warrior) on Merlin/Midgard DAoC
    Thurka on WAR

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Another +1!
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• falcukfalcuk Member UncommonPosts: 42

Been thinking more on this also, what about Banners, player crafted, avaiable at a certain guild rank etc, limited to xx per size of guild.

They could be carried by someone on the battlefield to bestow a bonus to guildmembers within xxx range, capturing an enemy banner boosts your guilds morale increasing xxx for the duration you hold the banner.

If you successfully manage to hold an enemy banner for xxx amount of time, you can claim the banner as your own to be displayed in your guild hall as a trophy that you defeated the guild who owned the banner etc.

Bragging rights for sure! :)

• StilerStiler Member Posts: 599

I LOVE the idea of capturing other guilds banners, and being able to display them in your guild keep/hall, to show off all the people your guild has defeated on the battlefield.

It'd be a great touch imo.

It reminds me of a similar thing in Ultima Online, wher eyou could take the head of a fallen enemy, and then put it in your house or such to show that you killed them, though that is a bit more morbid then a banner lol.

• skyexileskyexile Member CommonPosts: 692

Join my guild, we have a Tabard.

SKYeXile
    TRF - GM - GW2, PS2, WAR, AION, Rift, WoW, WOT....etc...
    Future Crew - High Council. Planetside 1 & 2.

• KappenWizKappenWiz Member UncommonPosts: 162

I could swear I heard MJ say something like, "we're gonna try to do that" or "we'll see about that," something along those lines when it came to guild cloaks and emblems, but it's really hard to imagine them not being a part of this game. It was such a huge deal in DAoC. Guilds were instantly recognizable, when they wanted to be, in the frontiers.