Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game is Dead already.

injenuinjenu Member CommonPosts: 142

Wudang TP spot was empty for the first time since I started playing in late December.  I guess people realized that after you've got silver gear and master of self that the game is pretty boring. 

I logged in last night, killed 5 people in Chengdu, and after everyone zerged I wound up landing in jail for the next few days.. That'll basically be my AoW experience from now on. 

Star Conflict anyone?

Comments

• park97park97 Member UncommonPosts: 91
    Originally posted by injenu

Wudang TP spot was empty for the first time since I started playing in late December.  I guess people realized that after you've got silver gear and master of self that the game is pretty boring. 

I logged in last night, killed 5 people in Chengdu, and after everyone zerged I wound up landing in jail for the next few days.. That'll basically be my AoW experience from now on. 

Star Conflict anyone?

You just want to get some attention right?

• DalmontDalmont Member UncommonPosts: 272

The attention his mother and father don't give him, hence the random killings.

• injenuinjenu Member CommonPosts: 142
    Originally posted by Dalmont

Lol.. You insulted my parents over me calling a computer game boring?  

• austriacusaustriacus Member UncommonPosts: 618

Star Conflict anyone?

Its called "expert of self" not master, max level is reach the limit and Jade gear is already popping in market.

Also a lot of people have reached max level and have no point in doing TP

Cheers.

Nah just commenting on the mass killing.

Saw the GF play the game the other day, looked pointless and every NPC doing the same animation like some syncronised bored step from one foot to the other made me with a very poorly made game.

• BigHatLoganBigHatLogan Member Posts: 688

Saw the GF play the game the other day, looked pointless and every NPC doing the same animation like some syncronised bored step from one foot to the other made me with a very poorly made game.

The game is only pointless if you don't have the creativity to make something interesting out of the living world the devs give you.

Are you a Pavlovian Fish Biscuit Addict? Get Help Now!
    I will play no more MMORPGs until somethign good comes out!

Originally posted by BigHatLogan

The game is only pointless if you don't have the creativity to make something interesting out of the living world the devs give you.

Ahhh, please see my current game below and see that I understand that statement.

Yea I want to be an RPK without having to join a guild just so I don't wind up in jail after 10 minutes of pvp. 

Game drastically limits creativity imho. This game is not EVE so using the whole "If you're not creative enough in the sandbox..." line only makes it seem like you probably failed in EVE and are happy there's a more vanilla version of it in Wushu. 

• AlamarethAlamareth Member UncommonPosts: 570

You base a game's active community on TP, when a huge portion of the server is either max capped or close to it (granted, the cap is quite low).

Yeah, that makes sense.

When I can barely get 3 scripts during script stealing due to all of the scripts being taken too quickly, I find that the argument supporting the idea that the community is shrinking to be rather...wrong.

Seriously, Emei scripts were nearly depleted in what - 18 minutes last night?

• VindicarVindicar Member UncommonPosts: 138

Oh BTW, if you end in jail because of  too much free PKing... one of the ways to get out of prison is to have FRIENDs helping you to evade...

Yep you hear that right, your friends raids the prison to free you...

But this requires to make friends before randomly PKing poeples with no reason but "IM EVIL I KULL STUFF YO"

Old school french hardcore whiner. Online since T4C.

I was "Namless" and "Daroot" in AO (Rk2)
    Been known as "Vindicar" (Aion (EU), SWTOR (EU), WoW (EU).
    Recently  Known as "Wundicar" and "Wundee" in Age of Wushu (US) and Wulin (EU)

Franky Rivera Reyes , From the Reyes Brotherhood (Star Citizen)

Originally posted by Alamareth

When I can barely get 3 scripts during script stealing due to all of the scripts being taken too quickly, I find that the argument supporting the idea that the community is shrinking to be rather...wrong.

Lol yes when you can get any scripts, especially in Emei the game is losing its player base. Before it would be 19:34 ingame and all scripts from a school would be gone.

Originally posted by Vindicar

Oh BTW, if you end in jail because of  too much free PKing... one of the ways to get out of prison is to have FRIENDs helping you to evade...

Yep you hear that right, your friends raids the prison to free you...

But this requires to make friends before randomly PKing poeples with no reason but "IM EVIL I KULL STUFF YO"

I didn't know being an RPK made me a poor speller that used "YO" at the end of every sentence.  

• mikunimanmikuniman Member UncommonPosts: 375

Yeah that explains why the game could be poorly made. Watched this car breeze by the other day sounded the same as a few others that went by must be poorly made.

• Abuz0rAbuz0r Member UncommonPosts: 550
    players are max capped in beta.... lol... shows that this game is in for the long haul.  Really takes some dedication.
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Yep, the game is dying...

I wonder whether we will see some new life with upcoming official release.

• angelknight4angelknight4 Member Posts: 98

Lol yes when you can get any scripts, especially in Emei the game is losing its player base. Before it would be 19:34 ingame and all scripts from a school would be gone.

Obviously you guys think script gone quickly equals more player? Ever heard of alt? The idea is there are lots of free beta code given away. People make alt, level it up a little and then use it to steal script, then have main as defender kill that alt for easy script.

Some actually have alt steal script, hide and take them when everyone move to the other school or can't join script stealing of that school anymore.

The server is "busy", but we are barely move out of Chengdu, Suzhou and Quiangden. In fact all of the big city barely occupies, that is clear indication of false "busy" server since population still low.

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

Game is Dead already

Is this the official announcement? Or is it just another hyperbolic post about being bored or frustrated from player x dressed up without a smigent of evidence to look like a real effort was put forth to actually do some research? I can see it was the latter. When all player x had to say was he/she was bored and/or frustrated with the game at this point. And have his/her title reflect such. But nah that would be too:

• Boring  (and as such no one would even bother looking at my thread)
    • Relevant (and as such no one would even bother looking at my thread)
    • Practical (and as such no one would even bother looking at my thread)
    • Intelligent (and as such no one would even bother looking at my thread)
    Whelp, mission accomplished.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Abuz0r
    players are max capped in beta.... lol... shows that this game is in for the long haul.  Really takes some dedication.

lol Maxed capped for 25% (if that) of the game progression. This game has legs on internal skills alone for 1 1/2 years.

There is something called the meridian system, that's not in game yet. It allows you to equip 4 internal skills. 1 active 3 passive that give a buff. Right now we are just working with one internal. Once the the system drops, people well be leveling 3 or more internals at the same time. 

Here is a chart of the internals and stats, plus a link that breaks down the systems

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • AresPLAresPL Member UncommonPosts: 292

didnt know NA got script stealing above 30 min in other versions it ends at 19,30 so no one can get it at 19,34

in 30 min with 1 account can get 3 scripts, 2 from stealing +1 killing kind person that took one for You

meridians are all passives, at first You get 3 after talking with clan master You get pill that allow use 4, later can use 8, thats why need to lvl internals of all clans

Originally posted by bcbully
    Originally posted by Abuz0r

lol Maxed capped for 25% (if that) of the game progression. This game has legs on internal skills alone for 1 1/2 years.

There is something called the meridian system, that's not in game yet. It allows you to equip 4 internal skills. 1 active 3 passive that give a buff. Right now we are just working with one internal. Once the the system drops, people well be leveling 3 or more internals at the same time. 

Here is a chart of the internals and stats, plus a link that breaks down the systems

Yes, this is the biggest grind of all. Most people play in beta are forced to get max first internal, max second internal and wasting their VIP times for it.

Snail releases contents slowly to milk money as much as possible. To be able to get all this, it would take long time for VIP players, but if you are free player, It would take aleast a year or more.

During that times, those people who paid money to get level up faster will dominate others easily and as free player, there are nothing you can do about it except wait patiently for months to get decently strong.

Age of Wushu has 3 tier system: Free player? Level as slow as possible. Pay a little? VIP player that will able to level 50% or even more faster than free player. Pay a lot? You can get max level in DAYS.

The game is time progression, that is the main problem because even if you are VIP players, you will still have to wait LONG TIME, months for it.

• VindicarVindicar Member UncommonPosts: 138
    Originally posted by angelknight4

Age of Wushu has 3 tier system: Free player? Level as slow as possible. Pay a little? VIP player that will able to level 50% or even more faster than free player. Pay a lot? You can get max level in DAYS.

The game is time progression, that is the main problem because even if you are VIP players, you will still have to wait LONG TIME, months for it.

Yep and daddy chrismas is also going to give paying players all the skills and books n crafting recipes n crafting lvls n reputation n tokens.... or not.

Stop raging 'cuz you don't wanna pay a dime...

Yes snail sux and is so slow you could think this is all milking strategy... and it could be a milking strategy...

But still : what you think you know about the game is actually completely wrong........

VIP just got offline cultivation => xp conversion.

No xp pool = no conversion.

As for paying with real money for training.... Yes you can... but can train AS MUCH with bound silver you earned on your own in game... so please.... stfu

Old school french hardcore whiner. Online since T4C.

I was "Namless" and "Daroot" in AO (Rk2)
    Been known as "Vindicar" (Aion (EU), SWTOR (EU), WoW (EU).
    Recently  Known as "Wundicar" and "Wundee" in Age of Wushu (US) and Wulin (EU)

Franky Rivera Reyes , From the Reyes Brotherhood (Star Citizen)

Haha, no.  You can't pull that crap when I've been here since nearly the beginning of CBT2.  There was a point where it would end super fast because most people couldn't find their face while looking in a mirror.  The CBT1 players took full advantage of that - good for them.  The point is that the trend is that scripts go away faster, and that is with a large portion of people that definitely know what they are doing.

Does that mean we couldn't use more players?  Of course not, I'd love to see more people but the claim that the game is somehow dying is just bogus.

As for alts stealing scripts...lulwat?  I barely see any Flows with Chi getting out alive.  Try to take a low level in Emei, Wudang, Scholars, Beggars, or RG - you'll get utterly destroyed in seconds.  Maybe you can pull it off in Shaolin, that whole school in a bad way right now when it comes to PvP.

Note: Low levels that escape with the Goonball do not count - those aren't alts, Goons just have a bunch of low level members and they play the game accordingly (ie. huge masses)

Originally posted by Vindicar
    Originally posted by angelknight4

Yep and daddy chrismas is also going to give paying players all the skills and books n crafting recipes n crafting lvls n reputation n tokens.... or not.

Stop raging 'cuz you don't wanna pay a dime...

Yes snail sux and is so slow you could think this is all milking strategy... and it could be a milking strategy...

But still : what you think you know about the game is actually completely wrong........

VIP just got offline cultivation => xp conversion.

No xp pool = no conversion.

As for paying with real money for training.... Yes you can... but can train AS MUCH with bound silver you earned on your own in game... so please.... stfu

First read what I said because apparently you didn't. I was a Deluxe player, so apparently I was a paying customer. I didn't pay to BETA TEST the game for over 3 months, I only paid to test them for a littl over a month and was forced to spent all my VIP times in BETA TEST.

And how am I wrong in knowing about the game? Beause you failed to understand what I said about XP. My XP is always max while I  play the game, the problem is XP as free player goes down at much faster rate than VIP player, so if you AFK a little, xp will gone down really fast.

So your No xp pool = no conversion is pointless since my xp is always full, but the problem is XP gone down at much faster rate, so lv 1 xp will always at 0 and thus I get less than 266 as free player all the time. Again, you don't even know about free player system or play as one. You are trying to cover for them.

And NO, you can't train as much as you want with bound money. You have 360 bounded silver limit every day, crafting and others alrady cost big chunk of that, then buying stuffs for Guild War and such. There are 50L for regular day and 100L for 2x event. With double limit, that is still 100L for regular day and 200L for 2x event.

Again, you seems to lack information and don't know what you are talking about. You also got information wrong, nice try, but at least learn what I mentioned first before you jump in.

Haha, no.  You can't pull that crap when I've been here since nearly the beginning of CBT2.  There was a point where it would end super fast because most people couldn't find their face while looking in a mirror.  The CBT1 players took full advantage of that - good for them.  The point is that the trend is that scripts go away faster, and that is with a large portion of people that definitely know what they are doing.

Does that mean we couldn't use more players?  Of course not, I'd love to see more people but the claim that the game is somehow dying is just bogus.

As for alts stealing scripts...lulwat?  I barely see any Flows with Chi getting out alive.  Try to take a low level in Emei, Wudang, Scholars, Beggars, or RG - you'll get utterly destroyed in seconds.  Maybe you can pull it off in Shaolin, that whole school in a bad way right now when it comes to PvP.

Note: Low levels that escape with the Goonball do not count - those aren't alts, Goons just have a bunch of low level members and they play the game accordingly (ie. huge masses)

I like to add that people use alt to steal script is not to get out alive. The point is you have really low level internal ppl steal script, then have a defender kill them for easy script. Thus the whole point is to have defender get fast script and turn it in.

This discussion has been closed.