Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BGE Monitor - keeping up with the WWIIOL Campaign

StugStug Member UncommonPosts: 387

Its mentioned in another thread that BGE Monitor was used to create the fantastic youtube video that charted campaigns worth of fighting by the WWIIOL playerbase.  The link to the BGE monitor is:

http://begm.sourceforge.net/

BGE monitor is free to download and is described as:

"Using BEGM you can keep track of significant game events including captures, attack objectives, firebase changes, brigade movements, and factory damage. It allows you to see at a glance what has been happening in the past couple of hours and where the current battles are. You can drill down to details on the facilities within a specific town or scroll around the game map to get the bigger picture. Factory bombers can see reports and graphs of the past 24 hours factory production and damage, from overall side summaries down to each individual factory. You can choose to be notified of important events or follow an attack with pop-up alerts.."

Enjoy!

Comments

• StugStug Member UncommonPosts: 387

Here is a piccie of what the BGE monitor looks like - nows a good time if you want to get it so you can follow the new campaign (Number 90!).

Here is what the BGE monitor looks like - if you want to follow a campaign without participating this is one way to do it.

• DenizzjeDenizzje Member Posts: 12

Why would I know little about a game I play almost every day ;).

Don't get me wrong, do not think that I do not get frustrated by the flaws of the game. It wont be the first time I ragequit because I get shot through a wall due to the messed up network code since 1.34. I really hate to see that the fix of this, version 1.35 is now in 'beta' for many months  and that there is no coder to finish it. It frustrates me, and I openly say that on the CRS forums. I litteraly asked them why there are only 'producers'but not a coder. The answer I got is that each member of the team is still vital to keep the game running. Well alrighty then.

My point was that you barge into a thread like this, which can show potential players what is possible, with a completly off-topic post (and yes, mine is off-topic too) just to badmouth the game even further. I have seen you make a rather... strange post (which is now deleted) on this forum in which you wished the CRS developers some very nasty things. I don't post much on these forums but I do lurk alot of them. I do not say you are not allowed to speak and have a opinion but you should take it a bit more easy in this regard...

I still like this game as it is unique in its kind. I am aware of very bad decisions taken in the past before I played like a North Africa campaign being developed and then ditched and free to play comming way too late. But I will continiue to support this game as there is no other in its kind. I want to see new players check out the game and see if they like it. That is why I dislike former players taking every chance to badmouth the game.

S!

• rendusrendus Member UncommonPosts: 329
    Originally posted by Denizzje

My point was that you barge into a thread like this, which can show potential players what is possible,

You should spend your time advertising somewhere where there are potential players, like the greenlight page.  Or on the kickstarter page back when it was active.  I can't believe you guys think this sub-forum is on the front lines of keeping this game afloat.

• TontomanTontoman Member Posts: 196

Why would I know little about a game I play almost every day ;).

Don't get me wrong, do not think that I do not get frustrated by the flaws of the game....

S!

Well it's also partially self inflicted. 

We've had some 'jump ins' while we were discussion the old WWIIOL system and the changes, labeling it lies etc. when we're talking about opinions.  Or even topic were we found the person wasn't even around at the time. So in modern age of the net and forums, pretty much have to expect it's going to come back around in one form or another.

But I must say, if I was going to put a pic of the utility up to help advertise the game, I'd pick one a bit more, busy.  I have to say the first thing that stuck me on the pic was, empty.  That way the old map was better where up FB's were labeled as forward attacks.   Well at least we know it's real and not photoshopped.

• wrath04wrath04 Member Posts: 89
    Originally posted by rendus

My point was that you barge into a thread like this, which can show potential players what is possible,

You should spend your time advertising somewhere where there are potential players, like the greenlight page.  Or on the kickstarter page back when it was active.  I can't believe you guys think this sub-forum is on the front lines of keeping this game afloat.

Hey postmaster,Why would you even care where he posted? You dont care about the game so why do you care where it's info get's posted? So you think everyone who posts something positive should leave this forums? What about the negative posters? I never see you jump on any of them to go post somewhere else?

• pittpetepittpete Member Posts: 233

Of course he still cares.

He even has a F2P account  http://forums.battlegroundeurope.com/showthread.php?t=408620&page=2

The game is like a drug, thats why they can't stop talking about it.

Originally posted by pittpete

He even has a F2P account  http://forums.battlegroundeurope.com/showthread.php?t=408620&page=2

Ahh I see, I wonder if he was in the battle of Ciney that we just got our asses kicked in lol GFJ Allies:P  We'll get it back when you go to sleep :)) lol

Here it is in all its modifiable panel glory :) A piccie of the various aspects of the game that are going on now, more or less :)

Big piccie so people can see.

It is very nice and very useful!  I use it all the time.

Originally posted by wrath04

Ahh I see, I wonder if he was in the battle of Ciney that we just got our asses kicked in lol GFJ Allies:P  We'll get it back when you go to sleep :)) lol

Play the game?  Pffft... 

I only have an account so I can log in and check it's pulse from time to time.

I'm also active on movies, hot rods, guitars and cycling forums, does that mean those other interests are like drugs as well? 

• Skers11Skers11 Member Posts: 28
    That is a pretty cool tool.  Just downloaded the application and ran it.  Is this a supplement to Lagus or a sort of Lagus 2.0?  

I understand it is not linked to Lagus, but it taps the same stream that Lagus uses. It is just presented in a different way. I prefer lagus for viewing the map with, and the links, but you can view things in a more modular way with the BGE monitor.