Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Flame & Frost - The Razing Teased

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Guild Wars 2 site has been updated with a teaser overview for the next chapter in the Flame & Frost event. Called "The Razing", the update is scheduled to go live on March 26th.

In Flame and Frost: The Razing you’ll meet the norn Braham and Rox the charr, two Tyrians who fervently believe in doing what’s right, no matter the risk. Join Braham and Rox in a desperate battle to defend their homelands from annihilation in the third installment in this four-part series!

Check it out on the Guild Wars 2 site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    hopefully the slow build up starts to pay off story wise... looking more forward ot the WvW updates though

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    hopefully the slow build up starts to pay off story wise... looking more forward ot the WvW updates though

I feel the same. I really hope it trully will be an interactive story b/c they plan to deliver content this way in the future.

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    yeah its getting slow and boring now , they need to kick this story into overdrive or people are going to start yelling and screaming soon. Portal closing for dailies in wayfearer foothills gets boring after the 100th time.  =/ Please oh please no more delays on the WvW update , its long overdue and needs progression!
  • nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716

I did the new living story part 2 and can not figure out the lost item or what ever its called you have to return to the refuge thats the only part to this I have not done. Other then that I do like where the game is going I get my dailys done faster now and the guild quests are cool I have done 2 of those and they were a jumping puzzle and one of the timed events.  Other than that all the other changes seem good like drops and such seem to work with the new drops on named and such.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

I don't mind it being slow and boring(I would say the same for any MMO) since this is their [first time], that and I'm not paying a sub, meaning I don't have to pay to see what's coming so to speak.

I think this living story is just a start and that their next one [might] start out much better and interesting.

One can easily tell they are being cautious because a lot of bugs and already the possibility of events running into each other is occuring.

Like I said though this is just what I think, and seems most likely to be the case.

In the end I can't wait for the WvW updates as well.

@Nolic - Yea the new additions to the guild are awesome.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by RizelStar

I don't mind it being slow and boring(I would say the same for any MMO) since this is their [first time], that and I'm not paying a sub, meaning I don't have to pay to see what's coming so to speak.

I think this living story is just a start and that their next one [might] start out much better and interesting.

One can easily tell they are being cautious because a lot of bugs and already the possibility of events running into each other is occuring.

Like I said though this is just what I think, and seems most likely to be the case.

Yeah as we are not paying a sub we are not losing money while we are waiting for a new patch to roll out. I wish all MMOs went down the B2P route + tons of expansions.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• RaapnaapRaapnaap Member UncommonPosts: 455
    Originally posted by fivoroth

Yeah as we are not paying a sub we are not losing money while we are waiting for a new patch to roll out. I wish all MMOs went down the B2P route + tons of expansions.

Yeah, it's called cash shops that are selling content packs. Too many of those out there already.

And on a side note, it's already been confirmed ArenaNet isn't even working on an expansion for GW2 right now. What the bulk of their 300 employees are working on, I wouldn't care to speculate, but nothing GW2 related.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by raapnaap
    Originally posted by fivoroth

Yeah, it's called cash shops that are selling content packs. Too many of those out there already.

There is a big difference between a F2P MMO and GW2. F2P never allow you to play without any restrictions without paying a sub. They always charge you shitloads for their conntent packs and it always works out at like 1 billion dollars to buy all the content packs. Even then you still have to unlock classes, races, gold restrictions, skill restrictions or god knows what. From what I haave seen in most F2P MMOs even you spend $1000 dollars in the cashshop you still can't get everything without a sub.

Do I need to spell out how GW2 is different to those MMOs?

And on a side note, it's already been confirmed ArenaNet isn't even working on an expansion for GW2 right now. What the bulk of their 300 employees are working on, I wouldn't care to speculate, but nothing GW2 related.

I seriously doubt they are not going to release expansions. 

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

It's not really their first time. They did it before with GW1. Also in GW1 the story content was rolled out a bit quicker in their GW2 transition stories.

It is free, but I find very little reason to PvE when I jump on, as you can complete the new story achievements in an hour and then ignore it for a month.