Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Defiance: Season Pass Announced

2»

Comments

• YizleYizle Member Posts: 517
    Originally posted by Minsc
    they are going to same way as The Secret World. you can play the entire game after buying it but if you want to access new content after release you either buy the updates as DLC for $5 or look at the season pass. Seems pretty reasonable to me.

Agreed

• SasamiSasami Member Posts: 326
    Originally posted by Ryowulf

Selling or not selling content is up to each mmo dev.  People will either pay it or not.  I am questioning whether its a good idea to sell content the day its released.  If you are spending $59 or $99 do you want to be told that they made more content but withheld it so they could sell it later (mass effect3)?

Can they even offer this deal if the 5 packs aren't all ready made?  How often are these updates coming out?  How much content is in each one?  I can see all sorts of problems with this.

This been norm in FPS games for several years, you are diging dead grave here. Gears of War 3 was released with Season Pass available from day one as many others hit games, clearly most gamers want these. It's pretty clear that most of DLC stuff hasn't been even started yet, but that's risk you take with most Season Passes, so far I haven't heard any bad news on these.

• CypeqCypeq Member Posts: 66

I warn everyone about this game as of now it's not worth $60 initial price.

20-30$ would look like reasonable but IMHO game should launch as F2P now taking that in mind.

my radar is beeping ripoff  game that's not worth full day of playing ( just opinion ) my issue here is that it's not fps and it's not rly good shooter either so why would you bother.

Nice from defiance that they announce early on that just this year they want over 100$ from you 59.99 plus dlc pack 39.99 now and what out of promotion 10-15$ per DLC

Greedy tactics always lead to disasters in MMO genre I don't think this game go near 200 thousand sales this year.

I'm looking forward to Frirefall period.

• RedMachine72RedMachine72 Member UncommonPosts: 154
    Originally posted by drtack1
    Originally posted by GrayGhost79

Wow $60 to buy the game and then yousay the pree pass is on discount right now at $39.99? WTF is that shit? This is not the norm for shooters. 

You put out a DLC pack at regular price that cost $50? Seems a little steep for me considering the norm for map packs and what not in the shooter world is 20 bucks.

so far this is a $110 dollar game LMMFAO!

I was excited about checking this game out and seeing how it plays out...........but to be quite honest this article has turned me off.

They said for the next 5 DLC packs. If the norm is $20 and they are offering 5 for $40 then yes, it would seem like a discount going by the norm. 

So far this is $110 for the game and next 5 DLCs. 

It may benefit you to read the whole thing because it would appear you have not. 

You obviously missed my point. $20 would be the norm for all 5 DLC combined. Not $20 each. 

X-Box 360 price for DLC on Black Ops 2 is 1600 microsoft points which cost $20. $20X5=$100 Season Pass For Black Ops 2 is 4000 Points which is currently $50, so yes, that is a bargain at $40 for 5 DLC packs. Season pass on Steam for Black Ops 2 is also $50. So $20 for all 5 is not the norm.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

I dont have a problem with B2P long term mmos having a Season Pass IF the content included with the season pass actually expands the game, not just 1 pvp mode, and some gear or whatever crap. I want content (world expanding / changing content) for my money, not bonuses that i will replace soon or modes i might not play on.

Subscription mmos have to pay monthly to get the same content, so here i can just buy the season pass whenever i feel like it or buy separate dlcs if available without having to stop the game due to a sub running out. So its not bad.

Season passes get ridiculous on games like CoD, BF, etc, because its not an mmo, the content there wont expand the game as much as an mmo would do so its not worth the high price in those cases.

Thats just my opinion and personal preference.

• RedMachine72RedMachine72 Member UncommonPosts: 154
    After checking out the deal on Steam for the pre-order, I might cancel my box CE pre-order and go for the digital deluxe on steam. I was getting the CE for the extra in game stuff such as the extra inventory , but steams version is even more than the physical box offers and if enough people get it, you get a couple of sweet rides to go along with it and Rift: Storm Front as well. They have a percent to unlock the extras and already at 2% and it was announced just last night. Gonna wait and watch it for the next few days. Last tier also includes a discount on the Season Pass, not sure how much, but was gonna get it anyway.
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Sure looks like a big rip off to me.  There are a lot better fps games out there.   I wish them well, but I won't be investing.  I will probably watch the serious on Sci-Fi, but I will spend my money on other, better games out there.
  • GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Originally posted by RedMachine72
    Originally posted by GrayGhost79

Wow $60 to buy the game and then yousay the pree pass is on discount right now at $39.99? WTF is that shit? This is not the norm for shooters. 

You put out a DLC pack at regular price that cost $50? Seems a little steep for me considering the norm for map packs and what not in the shooter world is 20 bucks.

so far this is a $110 dollar game LMMFAO!

I was excited about checking this game out and seeing how it plays out...........but to be quite honest this article has turned me off.

They said for the next 5 DLC packs. If the norm is $20 and they are offering 5 for $40 then yes, it would seem like a discount going by the norm. 

So far this is $110 for the game and next 5 DLCs. 

It may benefit you to read the whole thing because it would appear you have not. 

You obviously missed my point. $20 would be the norm for all 5 DLC combined. Not $20 each. 

X-Box 360 price for DLC on Black Ops 2 is 1600 microsoft points which cost $20. $20X5=$100 Season Pass For Black Ops 2 is 4000 Points which is currently $50, so yes, that is a bargain at $40 for 5 DLC packs. Season pass on Steam for Black Ops 2 is also $50. So $20 for all 5 is not the norm.

$20 for 5 is too low you're right, but you don't have to pay full price for you xbox points if you buy the bonus deals.

The problem here is that Defiance isn't a console exclusive.  When Microsoft and Sony lock you in they can charge that.  This will probably work fine for the consoles as long as the game is good.  I don't see it working out as well for the PC because I think the competition is a lot heavier in the PC market.  We'll see how it pans out though.

They do the same for PC. 

BF3 and Black Ops 2 DLC are $15 each on PC and $50 for all 5. 

This is for both games on Xbox, PS3, AND PC.