Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feedback sought on Reward Tiers

Comments

• akleyakley Member Posts: 17

Some really great ideas here but lets talk turkey...

The maximum contribution on kickstarter is 10k. Why not offer a few tiny ownership opportunites in the game, whatever would be a fair % to both parties (quick math would be roughly 1/4 ~ 1/2%, I would have to look much closer at it). This would allow a few staunch supporters with some cash to get some skin in the game. This would be something I could get excited about.

I don't think this is something that has been done yet for a game on KS.

• MrGrimMrGrim Member UncommonPosts: 21

I pulled my 8 year old MMORPG account just for this occasion.

I'm noticing a lot of people asking for unfair features, but I'm pretty sure Mark glossed over those. Cmon guys you're better than this, he said nothing that would give an unfair advantage, and things like lower lockouts factor into unfair!

Considering I'm going to drop quite a bit of money, I'd perfer something somewhat subtle and tasteful, I really like the Brooch idea, something that is quite small and doesn't have to be blatantly obvious screaming "LOOK AT THE MONEY I PLEDGED". It should be something you can wear all the time without it having to completely change how your character looks, it really shouldnt come off as tacky or a gimmic.

Personally I think it could be something awesome for player housing as well, think about a giant dragon head over our hearth or something. Maybe with some flavour text talking about our previous successes (referencing our donation). If you pledge enough maybe something to hang in the guild hall, again like a stuffed dragon bust, or perhaps a skeleton to hang from the raftors. 

Plus Mark , if you ever need an academic consultant to keep your history accurate and to the flavour of your chosen factions let me know. I'd do it for free and that'll get me away from grad work :D

• FoggyeFoggye Member UncommonPosts: 96

Well, it would neat to see reward tiers that sort of match the game's motto: Choices Matter

Perhaps given a few more choices cosmetically wouldn't be harmful.  Some tiers have the opportunities to name one NPC in the game.  Everything from your keep captain, to the guy shoveling hay (as long as it's historically viable for the realm).   Special newsletters or forum access.   Some Backers could perhaps can pilot NPC mobs for special events.  Perhaps even get to help on some of the history or lore.

Options are boundless really, but for the most part, anyone backing the game just wants to see it made.

• HUNG3RHUNG3R Member Posts: 3

A few ideas (sorry if I am touching on some already mentioned I really only skimmed quickly over previous posts).

1. Be careful of the value you are giving away. If you throw in game time make sure the amount paid for that kickstart package covers a large chunk of the value you are writing off. You are effectively removing future earnings that you would have recieved when you go live.

2. Be careful about how much you throw in, it would be a travesty to see every tom, dick and harry out there with a bag full (or caravan load) of glowies they hold over any regular player they paid for here. It is a balance however, people will need to be rewarded for how much they invest (correct word?).

3. In-game items aren't the only thing you could provide. Access is a big thing; allowing people to give feedback, beta access, closed forum access or even early teaser and early information access is of large value. You or your developers eam leads could also be used here by providing a mailing list or closed forums little updates or videos of production?. Some of that you will want to give globally but there is always ways you can give more to a lucky few :)

4. Don't forget varying stages of Kickstart packages, some are more financial than others (life truth and it applies here also).

Quick list of some things I brainstormed:

* Headstart advantage for when the game goes live.
    * Headstart advantage for name reservation.
    * Headstart advantage for House and Shop(if they exist) placement? (could be dated according to value of package)
    * Obvious extraspecial mount options (rare pack mule etc).
    * Obvious extraspecial companion options.
    * Forum avatars in game titles.
    * Crafter glowies like gold-rimmed hammer & tongspersonalised crafters aprongraphics alterations on your forge
    are loom or associated major crafting item. The apron idea should also be something personalised with a crafter class on character creation.
    * Appearance based items that don't ruin the feel of the game. CloaksShields and early access to emblems.
    * Guild based creationmaintenance items like forges
    anks itlesstorage. Could even have a guild page or jester.
    * House companion like a cook, maid, house gnome?.
    * Merchant availabilitystorage chests for a house or improvements to a cooking or eating area.

Lots to think about, being careful not to make an epic post :)

• ShautruShautru Member UncommonPosts: 3
    I want a pet wolf.  Yeah I read the 'I hate cosmetic pets' posts.  Don't care, still want a pet wolf :P~    Titles would be cool too.
  • LevicusLevicus Member Posts: 22

Reward Tiers (Lowest to Highest):

1 Founder's Title of some sort

2 A skin that can change the look of one of the player's items into something special that only Kickstarter backers would receive

3 Access to any gameplay footage before the Media would

4 Access to betas

5 Access to alpha + beta

These are only a few, and to be honest I only want access to the alpha+beta and have my thoughts make a difference in help shaping this game into the best MMORvR we will ever see.

-

• sweetdigssweetdigs Member Posts: 196

Guild emblems

In-game mount at start (limited functionality, shouldn't be better than the better quality mounts you can buy later on)

Unique appearance gear (or a unique dye that you can apply to all gear you get).

Unique housing customizations

A free house at start (hovel?)

• Plastic-MetalPlastic-Metal Member Posts: 405

An awesome reward that wouldn't be game breaking, as eventually it would surface to the internet anyway by one form or another, is a high resolution aerial .pdf map of the entire game world, but with or without any locations of crafting minerals, strategic locations, special NPCs, etc listed.

I always enjoyed referencing the original DAoC map included in the box purchase back in the day.  I remember it helped my adventures tremendously as alt/tab wasn't included in the original client version.

My name is Plastic-Metal and my name is an oxymoron.

• will75will75 Member UncommonPosts: 365

Having the highest tier only allow alpha/beta access wouldn't make snse for these guys.This will be an entire team effort for KS.. Meaning, many many small donations. If you don't get beta access to alpha etc.. for $50-75$ you'll see this KS fail. Mark knows that, he isn't dumb

• akleyakley Member Posts: 17
    Originally posted by Plastic-Metal

An awesome reward that wouldn't be game breaking, as eventually it would surface to the internet anyway by one form or another, is a high resolution aerial .pdf map of the entire game world, but with or without any locations of crafting minerals, strategic locations, special NPCs, etc listed.

I always enjoyed referencing the original DAoC map included in the box purchase back in the day.  I remember it helped my adventures tremendously as alt/tab wasn't included in the original client version.

Awesome, I wish I still had that map

• tleartlear Member Posts: 142
    Originally posted by akley

I lost mine a while ago when moving :(

• SyrixIISyrixII Member Posts: 43
    Originally posted by tlear
    Originally posted by akley

I lost mine a while ago when moving :(

Sadly... My wife threw mine out with a bunch of other stuff. She "cleaned" my gaming room... I got the message loud and clear. :)

• LaecLaec Member Posts: 11

Honestly I just want the damn game already so thats pretty much good enough for me.

I do like the idea of being able to reserve a name or two on all the servers though

• morfidonmorfidon Member Posts: 245

Special account that will have lower monthly fee than others

Possibility to reserve your character name

Beta access

Beta / alpha access

Oh i have one more very good idea that wouldn't affect the game and it would be cool to be on the list:

People who donated will have higher priority to log in on server than the others who will buy the game after launch. People who donanted will be in front of people who didn't donate in 'log in' queue. I'm sure queue like this will exist and i'm sure some people would like to avoid that thing. So why not to give that benefit to people who will kick kickstarter?

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    Originally posted by morfidon

People who donated will have higher priority to log in on server than the others who will buy the game after launch. People who donanted will be in front of people who didn't donate in 'log in' queue. I'm sure queue like this will exist and i'm sure some people would like to avoid that thing. So why not to give that benefit to people who will kick kickstarter?

Good idea.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• BowbowDAoCBowbowDAoC Member UncommonPosts: 472

- A bigger tombstone when you die !

- On deathspam, make the donor's spam in bold when he kills someone.

- extra room in vaults

- give a headstart to players on crafting levels (i.e. soon as you start crafting, oyu start with 10-20% of max level)

- in our house, a bigger chair with our toon's name on it.

- if it applies in game concept, have the donators implicated more often in quests (i.e. a bounty on their head, etc)

But most importantly, make CU come to live :) anything else is just icing on cake :)

Bowbow (kob hunter) Infecto (kob cave shammy) and Thurka (troll warrior) on Merlin/Midgard DAoC
    Thurka on WAR

"- extra room in vaults

- give a headstart to players on crafting levels (i.e. soon as you start crafting, oyu start with 10-20% of max level)"

I'm sure Mark won't do something like this. It's not fair relating to other players. Even tho I'm gonna donate I wouldn't want to have adventage like this.

• BowbowDAoCBowbowDAoC Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Originally posted by morfidon
    "- extra room in vaults

- give a headstart to players on crafting levels (i.e. soon as you start crafting, oyu start with 10-20% of max level)"

I'm sure Mark won't do something like this. It's not fair relating to other players. Even tho I'm gonna donate I wouldn't want to have adventage like this.

i wouldnt use it myself, i dont really craft (except to reach level to make "perfect" arrows, and i dont really keep a ton of stuff either lol.

Was mainly brainstorming, it often gives other ideas to people.

Bowbow (kob hunter) Infecto (kob cave shammy) and Thurka (troll warrior) on Merlin/Midgard DAoC
    Thurka on WAR

• sweetdigssweetdigs Member Posts: 196

How about a lifetime subscription option for a pretty signification kickstarter donation?

Unique furniture for housing?

Unique weapon/armor designs for crafters?

An NPC name of your choice?

A monument named after your DAOC character?

Visits to the City State Entertainment offices?

Participation in a monthly web chat regarding the game's development?  Or at least viewing rights to a monthly webcast by Mark Jacobs where he spends 10-15 minutes talking about the game's development and design ideas.

Participation in small subgroups focused on particular areas of the game where you can work with developers to provide feedback on their ideas and propose ideas of your own (obviously within limits, but sometimes it's nice to get outside perspectives, particularly from genre veterans).

• VargurVargur Member CommonPosts: 143

Your characters get a "seat of honor" in-game: at Arthur's round table, in Sigurd's feasting hall, or on a "special" branch among the trehuggers.

• wesjrwesjr Member UncommonPosts: 506

Titles, headstart and names saved.

Maybe a "max" supporter could have their name added to an item, character etc

• shadeviceshadevice Member CommonPosts: 68

A badass weapon graphic, completely unique. Nothing too over the top but easily distinguishable. Even for end game players.

Make a graphic for each weapon type.

Whenever a player obtains a new weapon in the game, they have the option to skin it to said graphic.

• SoMuchMassSoMuchMass Member Posts: 548

Mark take a look at Torment:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/torment-tides-of-numenera?ref=category

A perfect system for KS.  Standard tier but also includes a "add on" option, scroll down in Kickstarter page to see details.

http://tormentrpg.tumblr.com/theksaddons

Originally posted by SoMuchMass

Mark take a look at Torment:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/torment-tides-of-numenera?ref=category

A perfect system for KS.  Standard tier but also includes a "add on" option, scroll down in Kickstarter page to see details.

http://tormentrpg.tumblr.com/theksaddons

That's great! It's better than RYO system that was presented here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/CamelotUnchained/comments/19s7az/should_our_kickstarter_use_fixed_reward_tiers_or/

Less complicated for less advanced users. Advanced users can choose whatever they want and less advanced would get their copy of game  / beta access etc. which they want the most.