Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bored

cybersrscybersrs Member UncommonPosts: 181

Pardon my English. I would appreciate if you guys tell me a good MMO that is not boring. (maybe I'm the problem)

I have played a few for years now like (WoW, Rift, EVE, the ones I used to enjoy)...  (GW2 not much), The Secrect World, Forsaken World, Allods,  PoE, Diablo 1, 2 and 3, Torchlight 2, Age of Wushu, Firefall, Planetside 2, SWTOR, (Marvel Heroes, not much), DayZ, The War Z, (EverQuest II, not much), Vanguard, Perpetuum, Fallen Earth, Ryzom, (Vindctus and Heroes & Generals, I kinda like, but I do not like much instanced MMO or Lobby (World of Tanks, War Thunder)), League of Legends, (TERA, not much), DC Universe Online, Global Agenda, Aion, Age of Conan, Warhammer online, Pirates of the Burning Sea, Uncharted Waters Online,  Wurm, Salem, Free Realms, Runes of Magic, MapleStory, Aika, Shaiya, Entropia Universe, Eden Eternal, Hellgate, War of the Immortals, (City of Steam, not much) and many more I do not remember.

I want to try something else until TESO, ArcheAge, World of Darkness, Blade & Soul, Star Citizen, WildStar, The Repopulation, Project Theralon, Black Desert and Neverwinter release.

Sorry if you got bored reading this.

Comments

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

If I would have played all these MMOs and found all of them boring, I would ask myself if this is the right genre...

maybe less MMO... try Dark Souls series?  Red Dead Redemption Multiplayer? The Witcher 2? Skyrim multiplay mod?

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• cybersrscybersrs Member UncommonPosts: 181
    Originally posted by FromHell

If I would have played all these MMOs and found all of them boring, I would ask myself if this is the right genre...

maybe less MMO... try Dark Souls series?  Red Dead Redemption Multiplayer? The Witcher 2? Skyrim multiplay mod?

I will test them all, thank you very much sir!

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107

I've played even more than you and feel the same way. Sadly MMO's are no longer what they used to be. They are just quick turn over games now. I too grow bored of them quickly. Last one I really got into was TSW, but even then, it had an end game and what I would call no PvP (if thats what you call PvP, shame on you!). 

Anyways, I wouldn't keep your hopes up for too many of the games you listed either. In partiuclar ArchAge and Black Desert. Also, Star Citizen isn't even an MMO at all. Haven't looked into Blade & Soul as I am sure it will be your typical hollow import game. But if experience has taught me anything, games that are hyped on these very forums usually turn out to be bland and run of the mill. Remember all the Age of Wushu hype going around? Well I tried it and its not even remotely what people hyped it up to be. Basically, I'm saying find some different games to play until a developer grows some balls (or a large coin purse to ignore producers lol). I don't see a single game changer on the horizon.

• birkenbirken Member Posts: 122
    I am going to have to say maybe you dont like mmorpg anymore. Try something new.
  • EtherignisEtherignis Member UncommonPosts: 249
    Yeah the mmo market is flooded with garbage. I have high hopes for archeage, bns and maybe defiance.
  • asdarasdar Member UncommonPosts: 662

The only game that I didn't find boring immediately playing was Darkfall.

It was also one of the few games I found that weren't tab target. For me it went from start and evolved into city building and everything I wanted in a game. The battles at the start were just epic, if you fought in any of the 100 vs 100 village fights you know what I mean.

Then it got so I'd fought every PvE mob in the game too quickly. The game is PvP centric so it's not supposed to have much PvE, but I wanted more, and more difficult. Then players that had done the grind started dominating me. I'm ok with losing, even it's more than 50% of the time 1 vs 1 = 50% someone loses. What I'm not ok with is someone mining and me hitting them with every spell and arrow I've got and it not even seriously hurting them until they get mad and cast one spell and kill me. It got that lopsided and then the only option was to grind stats to get so you were competitive or quit.

What I now want in a game is Darkfall the PvE version. (I'll be hated for this) I want more varied mobs than Darkfall had, and much harder, and more dungeons to go with them.

Asdar

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Maybe play MMO and take the progression out of it. Play for fun instead of progression

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    Originally posted by madazz

Also, Star Citizen isn't even an MMO at all. 

could people please stop with this nonsense rumor about Star Citizen?

It will be a persistent universe massive multiplayer online space sim, plus optional single player campaign with drop in co-op, so hey sounds familiar eh? Instanced single player stuff never appeared in the last 456 MMOs or what?

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !