Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Outside the MMO Box: SimCity

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Always online and playing with thousands of other cities, you might say that SimCity takes a step towards MMO-dom. What does Bill Murphy think of SimCity a few hours in? 

Find out at RTSGuru.com!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

I won't support EA anymore, sadly, due to their approach to monetization. I won't buy a full priced game with I think intentionally tiny maps (designed so that I can be sold larger ones later in their cash shop) for instance.

Their attitude in general as to how they want to rinse their customers is terrible;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR6-u8OIJTE&feature=youtu.be

• KtaraKtara Member Posts: 37
    Originally posted by Vesavius

I won't support EA anymore, sadly, due to their approach to monetization. I won't buy a full priced game with I think intentionally tiny maps (designed so that I can be sold larger ones later in their cash shop) for instance.

Their attitude in general as to how they want to rinse their customers is terrible;

I agree, and thank you for that link. I didn't know it was that old.  I play SimCity as a single-player, as it's been since the start.  I don't want to share my city with others.  I've been boycotting EA since the SWToR fiasco.  They won't get anything more from me.

I do hope this attitude of theirs makes people look at indie games/developers a lot more. 

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Originally posted by Vesavius

Could not agree more.  EA is only intent on draining customer's wallets.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    My husband will probably buy Sim City this evening. I refuse to buy anything from EA ever again though.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• uidCausticuidCaustic Member Posts: 128
    Friend of mine bought it, he's been waiting to get into the servers all day.
  • cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    i hate EA like a lot of other players here , but I grew up playing sim city and will probably purchase this as well just because its a city sandbox builder and I dunno why but I find them and the old roller coast tycoon series a lot of fun. I wish it wasnt EA also but I always loved sim city.
  • severiusseverius Member UncommonPosts: 1,516
    Funny, everything I read about this game makes me hate EA more and more.  So many standard parts of Sim City (like subways for example) are completely absent just screaming they'll be a $30.00 dlc "addon".   Jeeze, look at their website.  They have two versions a "LIMITED EDITION" and a "DIGITAL DELUXE EDITION".  Ummm, you cannot have a Limtied Edition without it being, you know, LIMITED in some way... oh!  thats right, it is Limited, in that you cannot use any other tilesets?  You actually have to pay twenty effing dollars for french, german and british tile sets?  ROFLMAO.  EA can go contort itself in such a way that it performs unspeakable acts upon itself.  So shameful.
  • sumo0sumo0 Member UncommonPosts: 115
    Let's hope the console players will one day pick up on these things aswell so EA can die like it's supposed to.
  • DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Every time ppl buy games from EA they just fund the next mythic, bioware, westwood ect ect take over and the industry loses another great company to the EA monster.
  • mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    I really want to get this game - but like some - not a fan of EA.

• BitterClingerBitterClinger Member UncommonPosts: 439
    This is really a well done game, so far.  I'm having a blast building up Bittersburg. I haven't done anything with other cities, and my little town isn't that big at the moment; but I love the detail and mechanics of the game so far.