Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Wushu: Launch Date Announced

2»

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Dampyre
    the world you play in looks like every perfect world game i have seen or played, the combat is interesting but not enough for me to put up with every other feature which is lackluster to say the least.

/sigh they really need to put some ads out lol. 

I wont ask you to name any features, because you don't even know who made the game... That means you have not played the game...

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • LhynnSaintLhynnSaint Member Posts: 119

More content in this game than in any game i have ever played and its a beta. the combat feels clunky at first, buts thats only because you dont know what you are doing, Mastering it takes time and hard work, player skill is a huge factor, but most players get frustrated because they dont want to learn.

No mmo has ever had a combat system as deep and involving and this one. its true that there are no clases, there are only skills, and you can have them all if you so desire, could take years to get them, but you can get there. But just because you have a skill set does not matter you automatically own everything, mastering a style takes a lot of work, and is never truly done. and the game rewards your your skill, your judgement, everything has a consecuence.

The world is inmersive and feels so big at first. you literally have to forget everything you know about mmos to understand how AoW works. Because of its particular leveling system it does not eat away your life, because gear is not that important (big factor, yes, but no nearly as big as in any other mmo ive seen where either you have the best stuff or you lose).

Its not p2w, because you buy stuff from other players, so you can get only stuff as good as people are able to make and willing to sell, plus you can be the one they buy from and use the money yourself. you can even buy vip by trading for the money needed to buy it with other players, so even f2p gamers can be vip in a matter of days, snail does not care as long as someone pays for it.

even powerful players can be taken down without much effort by 2 or 3 weak players if they know what they are doing, but as i said, player skill is the biggest factor, and weak players arent usually very skilled, mostly because as your character grows in power your understanding of the game and your skill grows with it.

Originally posted by DMKano

[mod edit]

Sadly I doubt that AoW will ever see much traction in the western markets, I think that it will most likely remain an obscure title outside of APAC.

Gotta keep fighting the good fight man.  I get a jewel like this dropped in my lap. I spent $9 on a bored late night, dissapointed DF:UW was delayed again. Man, I'm gonna tell everyone. 

All that money the industry charged us for recycled crap last year.  Crusade for orgininal thought. 

• aligada87aligada87 Member UncommonPosts: 234
    1 thing i do hope they fix is the translation and the ping issue everyone including myself is having, and the countless bugs it has. This game has alot of potential and i hope and pray that snails doesn't screw it up. 
  • aligada87aligada87 Member UncommonPosts: 234
    Originally posted by Kanyl

So, can anyone help me to sum up everything regarding this game? I have seen several topics on different aspects, but I want a simple and honest answear from someone that KNOWS!

1. Is this game awesome or not?

2. Is it P2W or has it a good F2P system?

3. Will EU players be able to play this version? 

4. Should EU players wait for the EU version?

5. Anything else you want to add?

the game isnt pay 2 win since you can make everything on your own. the game doesn't prohibit you from doing this. will other gold buyers have an advantage yes. but they also spend tons of money which i don't get. imho i think they just lazy and don't wanna craft. I'll say this. if you're looking to start playing this game, best way to survive is either run alot of instance 2 run script stealing or 3 choose a profitable profession that can give you a good amount of money. I'm lvl 36 and my name is Dartanian ingame and well although i won't announce how much liang i got i am one of the richest in the game. feel free to pm me if you have any questions. Also if you're looking for a strong solid pvp/pve guild pst me ingame 

• TuchakaTuchaka Member UncommonPosts: 468
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Originally posted by Dampyre
    the world you play in looks like every perfect world game i have seen or played, the combat is interesting but not enough for me to put up with every other feature which is lackluster to say the least.

/sigh they really need to put some ads out lol. 

I wont ask you to name any features, because you don't even know who made the game... That means you have not played the game...

I just said it looks like i didn't say perfect world made it, I am well aware that snail games is making it NOT perfect world. I realize your defending a game with some innovative features i don't deny that, and that can be difficult when people start throwing opinions around, but i never said perfect world is making the game and yes i actually played it.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Originally posted by azzamasin
    Originally posted by Ex0dUs101

It felt clunky and terribly unpolished to me. Dialogue made no sense at all which spoils it from the start, and despite quite a nice looking world it feels constantly cluttered due to the low quality UI. PVP has its fun moments but the clunky feel takes away any finesse it could have had.

Tried on several occasions and come away with the same conclusion each time. Just another eastern cash shop mmo but this time with a pvp mission/event system thrown in...

Agreed, tried it didn't like it because it felt to unpolished and weird.  The combat was rather dull as well, felt more like a turn based console port then an actual MMO as well.

Still hope the game does good because its nice not having WoW clone #10000 getting released.  I myself am looking forward to NWO and ESO as my non-WoW clone game of choice.

Mind explaining "dull"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=FW1scHmANSI#t=2s

This video shows combat.  It's about as good as you can get. Plus they are hosting the 150k usd  winner take all inventational on the back of their combat.

hehe, not really. Animations look "square" not fluid. There is a ton of movement though.

To be fair, I wouldn't really play this game for it's combat.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

MMO Community: We want something different! We don't want levels! We want a living breathing world!

AoW: Welcome to Age of Washu! Where there are no levels and you participate in a living breathing world!

MMO Community: Meh..

It seems that when games try to be different and try to give gamers what they claim they want...the players don't seem to like it.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Psychow

MMO Community: We want something different! We don't want levels! We want a living breathing world! AoW: Welcome to Age of Washu! Where there are no levels and you participate in a living breathing world! MMO Community: Meh.. It seems that when games try to be different and try to give gamers what they claim they want...the players don't seem to like it.

heh what's new.. Think the heavy Asian influence is big downside for a lot...I'm a big martial arts fan and love the culture but my guess is majority of mmo gamers in us/EU don't care as much about that in their MMOs.. Just a hunch..also like kuppa says below put in all the features you want but if they are sloppy and unpolished it won't matter much

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

MMO Community: We want something different! We don't want levels! We want a living breathing world!

AoW: Welcome to Age of Washu! Where there are no levels and you participate in a living breathing world!

MMO Community: Meh..

It seems that when games try to be different and try to give gamers what they claim they want...the players don't seem to like it.

You know it's much more than beign different. Players won't take a game with no polish, a setting they don't like, lackluster content ect.(btw Im not saying AoW has any of these problems)

The point is that just beign different doesn't cut it.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

Kuppa and Aerowyn may be right that players aren't flocking to this game due to the high Asian influence. And since I haven't tried it, I don't know how polished it is.

What's funny is that another thing the MMO Community has cried for is: We are tired of High Fanstasy settings. It's way over done! Give us something different!

So I'd consider the Asian setting as something different from the typical Fantasy setting. Again...you can't please anyone it seems.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

Kuppa and Aerowyn may be right that players aren't flocking to this game due to the high Asian influence. And since I haven't tried it, I don't know how polished it is.

What's funny is that another thing the MMO Community has cried for is: We are tired of High Fanstasy settings. It's way over done! Give us something different!

So I'd consider the Asian setting as something different from the typical Fantasy setting. Again...you can't please anyone it seems.

i played a decent amount of jade dynasty when it first came out. Aside from the obvious similar settings these two games have the same glaring issues(jade dynasty probably fixed a lot of those but my experience is from launch). Very poorly(imho) implemented menus, horrible translations, and overall lack of "polish". They also both have the same auto pathing which made it feel even more alike. Now they said they are doing a localization patch(not sure if its gone through yet) to help this which may help bring more people to try the game. But overall i think people mostly want a scfi or more steampunk style sandbox/sandpark when they say there are tired of high fantasy(just an assumption though)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

The most innovated mmorpg since eve, in a open ffa world, with politics, player driven crafting complete with mini games for each profession, control responsiveness we havent seen sice WoW, guild wars, guild keeps, in a game with systems polished enough to not wipe after beta, all for 9-20$ yet some complain.
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Originally posted by Lobotomist
    Most innovative MMO in last 5 years

Huh?  A very old school chinese game that really offers nothing new IMO.  I deleted the game after playing for a week.  Never saw one thing that was innovative in this game.  

Heck if you want to see what a good sandbox is like go play Asheron's Call 1, the graphics are really dated, but it has by far much better systems than Age of Wushu.   Just because someone calls a game a sandbox does not mean it is any good.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    So can you actually play the game right now? I see a lot of comments about the game but thought it had not launched yet.
  • SQTOSQTO Member UncommonPosts: 189

Ozmodan You should name a more innovative  game that has come out in the last five years.

• SQTOSQTO Member UncommonPosts: 189
    Yes you can play the game now.
    The most innovated mmorpg since eve, in a open ffa world, with politics, player driven crafting complete with mini games for each profession, control responsiveness we havent seen sice WoW, guild wars, guild keeps, in a game with systems polished enough to not wipe after beta, all for 9-20$ yet some complain.

The game is FAR from polished, I would argue the controls and animations feel clunky as well. Not sure about content or how all the systems worked since I didn't play enough for that. And it's localization is pretty bad.

• VindicarVindicar Member UncommonPosts: 138
    Originally posted by Kuppa

The game is FAR from polished, I would argue the controls and animations feel clunky as well. Not sure about content or how all the systems worked since I didn't play enough for that. And it's localization is pretty bad.

This isn't a Triple A polished product for sure.And yes localization is horrible. But the gameplay and the controls are not clunky : you just couldn't get used to it.

I gave this game a chance and now that I have done hundreds of duels and group PvP I swear this gameplay is really good ONCE you get used to it. It requires good reflexes, a brain, and keyboard skills... everything a PvPer is supposed to love.

Old school french hardcore whiner. Online since T4C.

I was "Namless" and "Daroot" in AO (Rk2)
    Been known as "Vindicar" (Aion (EU), SWTOR (EU), WoW (EU).
    Recently  Known as "Wundicar" and "Wundee" in Age of Wushu (US) and Wulin (EU)

Franky Rivera Reyes , From the Reyes Brotherhood (Star Citizen)

Originally posted by Vindicar
    Originally posted by Kuppa

This isn't a Triple A polished product for sure.And yes localization is horrible. But the gameplay and the controls are not clunky : you just couldn't get used to it.

I gave this game a chance and now that I have done hundreds of duels and group PvP I swear this gameplay is really good ONCE you get used to it. It requires good reflexes, a brain, and keyboard skills... everything a PvPer is supposed to love.

hahaha I like it, so you have a good reflexes, a brain and keyboard skills. Everyone who doesn't like it doesn't?

I agree that there might be some getting used to, but it doesn't have anything to do with having/lacking any of the above. Please keep it clean, no need for personal attacks.