Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] Guild Wars 2: There’s a Storm Brewing

2»

Comments

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by cronius77
    Originally posted by volvoxaureus
    you mist my point, i want to see a patch in gw2 like 5.2  patch for wow, but if arenanet is going to do that patch it will be a paid expansion 

okay ill bite , you are correct guild wars 2 patches are not large patches by a long shot I can agree . But lets be real here to , wows patches suck to and are by far not even that big , look at games like Rift and EQ2 if you want large patches. What you get in wow is more dailies a raid and some new land mass to do more dailies on for factions to earn more rep and well lets see do more raiding of that one new raid , that will be nurfed in about 3 or 4 months when the next raid comes.

I played wow for years , their patches are far from quality and they finally just now have actually started releasing them on a schedule instead of when they are finished attitude devoiding players of content for months. I remember during cata they released the dragon soul raid and we didnt see ONE update to the game at all for at LEAST 7 months....  Id much rather have content updates that are smaller every month than have to wait two and three months for one big patch that you can burn through the content in a week.

^ in the time I played wow they did not put out monthly content and usually was very long gaps between "content" patches.. combine everything anet added since launch then compare one wow patch and thats a better comparison...

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• zastrophzastroph Member Posts: 242
    With their desire to make the game harder with every update and the game being almost impossible now, the next update will make it impossible to play (talking about dungeons here and i am not the only one with concerns as I see people rage quitting out of dungeons all the time), it makes very little difference what new content they release as it is just a waste of development resources and funds!
    Originally posted by zastroph
    With their desire to make the game harder with every update and the game being almost impossible now, the next update will make it impossible to play (talking about dungeons here and i am not the only one with concerns as I see people rage quitting out of dungeons all the time), it makes very little difference what new content they release as it is just a waste of development resources and funds!

could of sworn one of the biggest complaints was game was to easy and everything was faceroll.. again never seen such a complete 180 of complaints on a single game on so many things...

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,079

I'm enjoying the new story thing, but it's taking them a bit to really get it going. They've said that they're doing that on purpose right now, because it's their first one and going forward updates and living story progression will get bigger, and more significant. I've heard some pretty interesting plans with the refugees that include returning to Southsun Cove and turning it into something rather cool :) So I'm really excited for the continuation of this story and definitely interested to see what types of features ArenaNet unlocks.

And for the record, they haven't made anything more difficult in the last couple updates, except for one dungeon that was already easy. They've actually streamlined some of the content and made it a little easier where it was too difficult before.

• RaapnaapRaapnaap Member UncommonPosts: 455

A slow story build-up would be cool, if there was actually a story building up.

The patch content related to the "living story" can be completed in thirty minutes to an hour, the 'content' here being the achievement to kill 150 mobs you've already seen before (charr and dredge). There is no dialog other than a hand full of lines given by the refugee NPC's. The ONLY thing that has been told to the players is that two NPC factions seemingly decided to ally up and proceed to attack meaningless villagers in remote locations.

The "invasions" themselves are the same old whack-a-mole events of mobs spawning at pre-set locations who are then AOE'd to death faster than a NASA computer can load them. The whole thing playing out in level 15 zones effectively means you get no loot from it, which means it offers no incentive to be replayed once you got the kill achievement.

They have been hyping up the march path for a while now (they were hyping up this one as well but apparantly the real stuff is comming next month). I'll reserve my final judgement on the whole "living story" thing until then. But so far, not impressed.

Originally posted by Aerowyn

could of sworn one of the biggest complaints was game was to easy and everything was faceroll.. again never seen such a complete 180 of complaints on a single game on so many things...

The too easy part is how easy it is to get to max level! Less than 2 weeks to get a guardian to lvl 80 is a bit easy. My complaint is that the dungeons are too hard (and very simplistic, dodge or die!)! Instead of giving us monsters that are like gods(imortal) to kill, make them easier. If the dungeon needs to be more challanging then give us more content in them, not just patheticly hard bosses with next to no content!

The too easy part is how easy it is to get to max level! Less than 2 weeks to get a guardian to lvl 80 is a bit easy. My complaint is that the dungeons are too hard (and very simplistic, dodge or die!)! Instead of giving us monsters that are like gods(imortal) to kill, make them easier. If the dungeon needs to be more challanging then give us more content in them, not just patheticly hard bosses with next to no content!

what bosses you having trouble with?.. a lot of encounters got tweaked/changed last patch..some made easier actually

Originally posted by Valentina

And for the record, they haven't made anything more difficult in the last couple updates, except for one dungeon that was already easy. They've actually streamlined some of the content and made it a little easier where it was too difficult before.

You must be the perfect player who never miscalculates a dodge when the boss is attacking! There are many of us that do not have perfect timing!

what bosses you having trouble with?.. a lot of encounters got tweaked/changed last patch..some made easier actually

Lets start with the troll, who as well as having minions, can now shoot lightning around corners and bounce it off of other players, so we have no hope od dodging!

Lets start with the troll, who as well as having minions, can now shoot lightning around corners and bounce it off of other players, so we have no hope od dodging!

talking about this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Up-e-ONUjTo

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    Story still isn't a reason to make me log in.  Need more Progression mechanics and class customization pass level 30 when all essential skills are already earned making the next 50 levels pretty pointless.  ;D
    Originally posted by elocke
    Story still isn't a reason to make me log in.  Need more Progression mechanics and class customization pass level 30 when all essential skills are already earned making the next 50 levels pretty pointless.  ;D

no way you get all the utility skills at 30.. also traits are earned upto 80 obviously and can change your playstyle more than most games.. i change mine up every 10-15 levels.. in other games yea I get some new skills but basically have the same exact playstyle just stronger versions of the same skills.. i like having a wider range of ways to play my class which gw2 offers.. 

talking about this one?

Yeah, thats the one, you need to enter a perfect player competition, many of us can not play at that level, my self included! Have you soloed it since the last update, if not try it now!!!

BTW how did you get such a LARGE inventory?

no way you get all the utility skills at 30.. also traits are earned upto 80 obviously and can change your playstyle more than most games.. i change mine up every 10-15 levels.. in other games yea I get some new skills but basically have the same exact playstyle just stronger versions of the same skills.. i like having a wider range of ways to play my class which gw2 offers.. 

It takse less than 2 weeks to max lvl, so why worry about this?

talking about this one?

Yeah, thats the one, you need to enter a perfect player competition, many of us can not play at that level, my self included! Have you soloed it since the last update, if not try it now!!!

BTW how did you get such a LARGE inventory?

that video is not me just one I found on youtube.. i never had a huge issue with the troll not sure how much it changed since patch though haven't done it since then. Ill try to run it tonight or tomorrow

It takse less than 2 weeks to max lvl, so why worry about this?

takes me a lot longer than two weeks.. but im not a speed leveler.. takes me about 120 hours to hit 80 and since launch i have 420 hours total so obviously I don't play that much

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    I hate the new AC for sure , people are saying its to easy so they made it a dumbed down either dodge or get one shotted. The dungeon mechanics like others say here are just stupid. I wish they would focus dungeons on fun factor and not worry about making things so challenging that it is a chore to run through. I always liked wows dungeons design and even warhammer onlines because some of them were not challenging but they were fun mechanics , just got old after you did them 50 times in a row.
  • ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515
    Originally posted by itgrowls
    Not enjoying it at all. They're releasing new content that takes two minutes to complete then we wait a month to see the new stuff. Meanwhile everything that's wrong with three weakest classes is ignored, every patch includes a new nerf, every patch puts more bugs into the game some of which never get fixed, and the game continues to barely function while they spend money on advertising instead of more krewe to fix the glaring problems with this game.

What weakest classes? The only one that TRULY needs work is the Ranger and that's not something you pump out in a week. 

This is not a game.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by Toxia
    Originally posted by botrytis
    Originally posted by botrytis
    Way too long in between advancement of story, and way too little given to get invested in. Could care less about them refuges.

It has been less than a month for the original patch - how fast do you want thengs to eveolve? If it is too fast, people complain, too slow people complain. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

um, faster than hey this month you get to run along path and fix signs, next month you get to kill a few enemies coming out a portal. I havent heard a single complaint of it being too fast. Only just when the fuck its going to progress into actual, you know, story.

They want to do testing, etc. Each time they release something like this, they have a chance to interfere with something else. Better to be slow than break everything. An MMO like this is a very complicated beast.

Irrelevant to topic. I dont care whats going on in the background when someone is telling me a story. They dont stop my plays because "Hey, we didnt practice this yet, give us a bit". Id leave. Even granny told me a story everynight, and not a couple lines from the first paragraph.

Not saying the pace is fantastic, but when things take time to develop, you do have to wait for the story. Look at any movie series. How long did it take to tell all the Harry Potter story? The Hobbit is going to take 3 years and I finished that book in a few days.

• zonzaizonzai Member Posts: 358

Meh.

That's how I feel about this.  The number one problem with GW2 is that it has no story and ANet is right to try and fix that.  For all of the hype about background choices, they are meaningless.  I wish them luck trying to add the "role" that they left out of their MMOPG, but it's too late for me.  If I want a great game with a great story I'll go play GW1 again (or tSW for that matter).  Even with this new info, GW2 is just a bunch of mini-theme park missions strung together and no expansion is going to fix that.