Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sound like a hack?

dzonesdzones Member UncommonPosts: 121

So I JUST bought and downloaded the game from the GW2 website on Friday. Made a new account and played only a few hours total since then. Made 2 toons, the highest being lvl 5., toon name is Voodieu.

Tonight I try to login to my account and I got this message:

Guild Wars 2 has encountered an error:
Your Guild Wars account has been suspended for an account issue
Rules of Conduct-User Agreement
Naming Policy-Conduct Breaches and Outcomes

I haven't done anything except follow a few quests in the storyline and got a crafting skill. I have not even used the chat yet, nor have I even grouped with anyone.

I sent in a support ticket. Sad to find out I cannot simply call and fix whatever issue this may be.

Does this sound like my account was hacked or something? Is this common now like wow got to be?

Comments

• ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318

A lot of times they verify via email to make sure it is really you logging on.

Could you have named your character something offensive? 

As far as customer service goes, they were on me email ticket in about 5 minutes when it was a login issue.  I think they SUPER prioritize login issues for people because they play, so dont get discouraged if they dont have phone support, the email is super fast, in my experience.

• ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318

PS: Blue M:TG for the win, although I usually played a Green and Blue combo FTW.

:D

• dzonesdzones Member UncommonPosts: 121

Thanks for the fast reply. My toon name was Voodieu so I don't see how that can be offensive. I mad a second toon that I only played for the initial walkthrough but did not play it and like the other name it was not anything offensive in any way.

. Like I mentioned I did not talk to anyone in game, not even once. Didn't buy gold or anything silly like that either.

I did verify my account initially via email when I set it up. I had to in order to login initially.

I am glad to hear they are fast, was looking forward to playing a little tonight...

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

You can also go here, and create a thread on your issue being as descriptive as possible WITHOUT giving any account information.  Do not do that.  But you can say what your issues are, and the mod / manager / whatever very commonly replies to those threads and tells you where to go and exactly what you can do. 

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/account

Just log in with your account first on the login in the website.  He may have suggestions that will allow you to get your situation fixed as fast as possible. 

Sometimes accounts do get flagged as botting or some such for seemingly no reason.  I've never had it happen to me, thank goodness.  But I seriously do sympathize with your situation.   I would be seriously ticked off myself.  Just try to create a civil thread like you did here.  You might get good advice very quickly. 

EDIT: After your thread, that you've made with your problem, you can also go ahead and search through the forum there to see if this has been an issue before ( of course it has ).  You might do so before posting your thread.  But I'd personally do both.  Anyways by doing that you might find the answer to your problem without having to get a response to your thread. 

Originally posted by Corehaven

You can also go here, and create a thread on your issue being as descriptive as possible WITHOUT giving any account information.  Do not do that.  But you can say what your issues are, and the mod / manager / whatever very commonly replies to those threads and tells you where to go and exactly what you can do. 

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/account

Just log in with your account first on the login in the website.  He may have suggestions that will allow you to get your situation fixed as fast as possible. 

Sometimes accounts do get flagged as botting or some such for seemingly no reason.  I've never had it happen to me, thank goodness.  But I seriously do sympathize with your situation.   I would be seriously ticked off myself.  Just try to create a civil thread like you did here.  You might get good advice very quickly. 

Thanks for this info. I clicked on the link and when I tried to get into the forums I am faced with this error:

Login Error: You do not have access to Guild Wars 2

I got that a few minutes AFTER I registered for the forums and had access for a minute or two. weird I don't have any issues with other games.

And yes I am getting very ticked off. I didn't pay 60 bucks to be locked out of a game after 3 days and a few hours of play.

36 minutes and no reply from support. So sad they do not even offer call in support

• FARGIN_WARFARGIN_WAR Member Posts: 166
    Originally posted by dzones

Thanks for the fast reply. My toon name was Voodieu so I don't see how that can be offensive. I mad a second toon that I only played for the initial walkthrough but did not play it and like the other name it was not anything offensive in any way.

. Like I mentioned I did not talk to anyone in game, not even once. Didn't buy gold or anything silly like that either.

I did verify my account initially via email when I set it up. I had to in order to login initially.

I am glad to hear they are fast, was looking forward to playing a little tonight...

I ran into a very similar issue a couple of days ago. Got kicked off in the middle of the Shadow Behemoth event and then got the notification I had to rename my character before I could log back in. Sent in a support ticket and was told the rename was an error on their part and let me use my original character name. They responded fairly quickly and were quite polite so I'm happy. Not sure exactly why the heck it happend though. I'm guessing either an automated protection feature on the fritz or someone abusing the report name feature out of mischief.

If you don’t do stupid things while you’re young, you’ll have nothing to smile about when you’re old.

Originally posted by FARGIN_WAR

I ran into a very similar issue a couple of days ago. Got kicked off in the middle of the Shadow Behemoth event and then got the notification I had to rename my character before I could log back in. Sent in a support ticket and was told the rename was an error on their part and let me use my original character name. They responded fairly quickly and were quite polite so I'm happy. Not sure exactly why the heck it happend though. I'm guessing either an automated protection feature on the fritz or someone abusing the report name feature out of mischief.

Thanks for this info.

And hey I am a big fan of Johnny Dangerously. I often use their swears "fargin cork...er" etc LMAO.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

So I JUST bought and downloaded the game from the GW2 website on Friday. Made a new account and played only a few hours total since then. Made 2 toons, the highest being lvl 5., toon name is Voodieu.

Tonight I try to login to my account and I got this message:

Guild Wars 2 has encountered an error:
    Your Guild Wars account has been suspended for an account issue
    Rules of Conduct-User Agreement
    Naming Policy-Conduct Breaches and Outcomes

I haven't done anything except follow a few quests in the storyline and got a crafting skill. I have not even used the chat yet, nor have I even grouped with anyone.

I sent in a support ticket. Sad to find out I cannot simply call and fix whatever issue this may be.

Does this sound like my account was hacked or something? Is this common now like wow got to be?

When the game first released there was a BOATLOAD of issues like this. Surprising they have not worked this all out by now...

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• FARGIN_WARFARGIN_WAR Member Posts: 166
    Originally posted by FARGIN_WAR

Thanks for this info.

And hey I am a big fan of Johnny Dangerously. I often use their swears "fargin cork...er" etc LMAO.

LOL Nice! Its one of my all time favorite films.

If you don’t do stupid things while you’re young, you’ll have nothing to smile about when you’re old.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

"Naming Policy-Conduct Breaches and Outcomes"

What did you name your character?

Originally posted by aesperus

Voodieu

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348
    Coming so soon after you bought the game, there's a good chance that your payment didn't go through, and ArenaNet blocked the account pending payment.
  • cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    without talking to Anet directly you are going to get 50 different answers here with most likely everyone wrong . Anet usually replies to stuff like this within 24 hours and can get you up and running pretty fast. I had Anet answer all my tickets in the last month or so within 24 hours including a refunded gems issue that happened where I had gems taken and didnt buy anytihing etc. I got them all back the next day with no issues. Just be patient and they will have an answer for you with details and you can figure out whats going on. Also if someone logs into your account from another ip address or computer mac address you get a email you have to activate before they can log in to your on file email you used. This happens to me every single time i switch from my laptop to my desktop in the same house so trust me that gets annoying and I know it happens. So more than likely no email , you didnt get hacked.
    Originally posted by Quizzical
    Coming so soon after you bought the game, there's a good chance that your payment didn't go through, and ArenaNet blocked the account pending payment.

Paid with my credit card and it has gone through without incident according to my bank online.

Originally posted by cronius77
    without talking to Anet directly you are going to get 50 different answers here with most likely everyone wrong . Anet usually replies to stuff like this within 24 hours and can get you up and running pretty fast. I had Anet answer all my tickets in the last month or so within 24 hours including a refunded gems issue that happened where I had gems taken and didnt buy anytihing etc. I got them all back the next day with no issues. Just be patient and they will have an answer for you with details and you can figure out whats going on. Also if someone logs into your account from another ip address or computer mac address you get a email you have to activate before they can log in to your on file email you used. This happens to me every single time i switch from my laptop to my desktop in the same house so trust me that gets annoying and I know it happens. So more than likely no email , you didnt get hacked.

"without talking to Anet directly you are going to get 50 different answers here with most likely everyone wrong ."

yeah true enough but was just checking the community if this sounded like a hack or whatever. I didn't expect my problem would be solved here or anything.

"So more than likely no email , you didnt get hacked."

Thanks. good to know.

Originally posted by cronius77

"without talking to Anet directly you are going to get 50 different answers here with most likely everyone wrong ."

yeah true enough but was just checking the community if this sounded like a hack or whatever. I didn't expect my problem would be solved here or anything.

"So more than likely no email , you didnt get hacked."

Thanks. good to know.

yeah its stupid as hell they do not have phone support , its the first major mmorpg ive played with no account phone support , hell even EA has that on all their games like warhammer DAOC and SWTOR. But I think you should have an answer fairly fast tomorrow , probably pretty early since there is no one there tonight.

Well unless they reinstate my account nice and early like I will just reverse the charges from my card and they can keep their game. I just feel like I got cheated. I mean I understand things happen but jeez this is nuts. 3rd day in and I get blasted with account suspension for no less than 4 violations and no one I can talk to to fix the problem. You would think a company of this size and worth could at least offer some halfway descent 24 hour support considering so many of us can only play late in the evening. They certainly had no problem taking my money at 3am.

Either way I will post the outcome of this tomorrow in case anyone else runs into a similar situation.

I know I am ranting now but very frustrated I cannot play when i only get certain times I can actually play at all.

Well unless they reinstate my account nice and early like I will just reverse the charges from my card and they can keep their game. I just feel like I got cheated. I mean I understand things happen but jeez this is nuts. 3rd day in and I get blasted with account suspension for no less than 4 violations and no one I can talk to to fix the problem. You would think a company of this size and worth could at least offer some halfway descent 24 hour support considering so many of us can only play late in the evening. They certainly had no problem taking my money at 3am.

Either way I will post the outcome of this tomorrow in case anyone else runs into a similar situation.

I know I am ranting now but very frustrated I cannot play when i only get certain times I can actually play at all.

trust me man some of us here do feel for you if its not your fault in any way. I do agree with you they should have at least a office account phone number to call during normal business hours so you can get stuff straight. Yeah let us know for sure what it was about.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Give them 48 hours to fix it before reversing the charges. After all is service people humans too, and it is impossible for us to say what have happened here.

You might have been hacked, or something else might be wrong and we can only speculate what it is here. 

In a perfect world no MMO ever have problems like this (I never had any with GW2 myself but with other games) but it happens at times.

• timtracktimtrack Member UncommonPosts: 541

Voodieu

And the other one?

Honestly I cannot even remember since I just played him long enough to get through the intro but I know it was a simple made up thing on a ranger. He never got past lvl 2.  I do know as with all the names Ii use they are not anything silly like "smokeweed" or anything derogatory or racist in any way. Just a made up name like Voodieu was (I chose that since my necro had a skull face it reminded me of voodoo and the witch doctors you see on movies and such).

I will post that name as well once this gets resolved so I can better answer you.

• redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230
    Hi, did you check your email,(and junk mail folder) to see if you got a authorisation email asking to confirm your ip address, if you did you have to follow this and confirm it, watch out for the small check box, which if you don't check will start the whole process over again next time you try to log in until you do check it, hope this helps.
  • ReaperUkReaperUk Member UncommonPosts: 758
    "Dieu" is French for God so that could have something to do with it. I remember lots of names used to get banned by Turbine in LotRO (Maybe still do) because their filter picked up just parts of a word that conrtained banned words. "God" or other language equivalents probably aren't allowed for names. They're not in most games.
    Originally posted by redcap036
    Hi, did you check your email,(and junk mail folder) to see if you got a authorisation email asking to confirm your ip address, if you did you have to follow this and confirm it, watch out for the small check box, which if you don't check will start the whole process over again next time you try to log in until you do check it, hope this helps.

Yes and again just now to see if there was anything in spam. Nothing at all just my registration and confirmation email and now the one stating that they received my support email.

I just setup this email about 3 weeks ago for fantasy sports so it is all I use it for.

• pinktailzpinktailz Member UncommonPosts: 173
    Originally posted by timtrack

Voodieu

And the other one?

Other one was Fckubich1993