Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Player Models and Character Creation Need To Be Improved!

They better make an indepth character creation system, so everyone will beable to look different. One that has as much depth of oblivion at least. The player models also look like junk and need to look more realistic. 

Comments

• GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802
    Originally posted by Imperator101
    They better make an indepth character creation system, so everyone will beable to look different. One that has as much depth of oblivion at least. The player models also look like junk and need to look more realistic. 

The player models will continue to look like junk and character creation won't be expanded. Fortunately it's not on AVs to do list. If the gameplay is done right people will play anyway. (Armour will cover your ugly model face)

• Imperator101Imperator101 Member Posts: 131
    Well if the Devs don't make a character creation/model update 5-6 months after the game is released then they are fools. I don't know why they would make a game that has a character creation system like that considering how far MMO's have come. It is only a bit better then WoW's character creation system. Do the characters not look as good in the creation system as they do when you are in game? 

• Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386

I agree, it gives the game kind of a cheap and hastily made appearance.

There are screen shots of the character models they made in 2010 for this game, they look fantastic, and of high quality.  From what i can understand from the developer posts, they kind of put the current filler character models in just to get the game more launch ready a while ago, my assumption is they didnt see enough time to make armor across them all.  So those have to wait.

They are typically slow with adding such stuff...so to expect new character models would probably be determined on how popular the game becomes when it launches.  I could guess a decent launch, with steams help, would probably give them the money to hire more people and get non essential game items like those nice character models in game.

In all honestly though, they have made a lot more progress in beta than i would expect from these guys, given ive been dealing with them since 2008.

Yeah i know theres a few people who think this is all retarded to even want...however, it adds game diversity, which is always a good thing, right now with armor...everyones the same character granted they have the same gear on as you.  Which imo, isnt a good thing for a mmorpg...dont care how pvp focused it is.

Also ill hint that theres more vital things that need to be put in game at this point, so i can understand why this isnt a priority now.

My hope is that they dont get into a situation where their investors force a launch...i think thats basically what happend in november/december and they were granted funding to further develop past the origional timeframe they were given to produce results.  Question is...how much time did they get?  Realistically, i see a decent launch late spring early summer, and a fully finished ready to launch and start working on expansion next winter/spring.  I wouldnt put this game on steam untill at least late fall, unless they have way more done than they are showing us.

Even if it launched today as is, in debug mode, sadly it still has the best combat/gameplay, most stable client, and is the smoothest preforming game of its type, and thats really sad since most of its competition was been launched since 2010 and has made zero improvements in that time frame.  So if your into full loot pvp focused sandboxes, this is your only decent game to choose from.

Edit: i just want to make clear, the game isnt in a shoddy incomplete state.  Its missing more non vital "things" than "things" that are going to make the game incomplete. Few more game "things" put in and the game is done, but missing "things" that would add some quality and asthetics. I think they should hold out untill its all put toghether and do a proper, finished produc launch, rather than a work in progress launch, even if whats missing isnt a huge deal.

• youngkgyoungkg Member UncommonPosts: 357
    Originally posted by Greymoor

The player models will continue to look like junk and character creation won't be expanded. Fortunately it's not on AVs to do list. If the gameplay is done right people will play anyway. (Armour will cover your ugly model face)

It actually is on there (to do list) according to Tasos but they do plan on launching with the current models.

Didnt want to link something from the beta forums but if you wanna see it and have access to the forums its in the last "State of the Beta" post tasos put up.

• CelusiosCelusios Member UncommonPosts: 337
    You're talking about a game with crappy graphics as a whole. Considering every other model and designs in world... I'd say these models stand out in that world. 
  • youngkgyoungkg Member UncommonPosts: 357
    Originally posted by Crunchy222

I agree, it gives the game kind of a cheap and hastily made appearance.

There are screen shots of the character models they made in 2010 for this game, they look fantastic, and of high quality.  From what i can understand from the developer posts, they kind of put the current filler character models in just to get the game more launch ready a while ago, my assumption is they didnt see enough time to make armor across them all.  So those have to wait.

They are typically slow with adding such stuff...so to expect new character models would probably be determined on how popular the game becomes when it launches.  I could guess a decent launch, with steams help, would probably give them the money to hire more people and get non essential game items like those nice character models in game.

In all honestly though, they have made a lot more progress in beta than i would expect from these guys, given ive been dealing with them since 2008.

Yeah i know theres a few people who think this is all retarded to even want...however, it adds game diversity, which is always a good thing, right now with armor...everyones the same character granted they have the same gear on as you.  Which imo, isnt a good thing for a mmorpg...dont care how pvp focused it is.

Also ill hint that theres more vital things that need to be put in game at this point, so i can understand why this isnt a priority now.

My hope is that they dont get into a situation where their investors force a launch...i think thats basically what happend in november/december and they were granted funding to further develop past the origional timeframe they were given to produce results.  Question is...how much time did they get?  Realistically, i see a decent launch late spring early summer, and a fully finished ready to launch and start working on expansion next winter/spring.  I wouldnt put this game on steam untill at least late fall, unless they have way more done than they are showing us.

Even if it launched today as is, in debug mode, sadly it still has the best combat/gameplay, most stable client, and is the smoothest preforming game of its type, and thats really sad since most of its competition was been launched since 2010 and has made zero improvements in that time frame.  So if your into full loot pvp focused sandboxes, this is your only decent game to choose from.

Edit: i just want to make clear, the game isnt in a shoddy incomplete state.  Its missing more non vital "things" than "things" that are going to make the game incomplete. Few more game "things" put in and the game is done, but missing "things" that would add some quality and asthetics. I think they should hold out untill its all put toghether and do a proper, finished produc launch, rather than a work in progress launch, even if whats missing isnt a huge deal.

Are you serious?......

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Originally posted by youngkg
    Originally posted by Greymoor

It actually is on there (to do list) according to Tasos but they do plan on launching with the current models.

Didnt want to link something from the beta forums but if you wanna see it and have access to the forums its in the last "State of the Beta" post tasos put up.

This is true Tasos said they plan on remaking character models after game release. In other words not the prioty as of this moment.