Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It's a Beautiful World Part 2

Comments

• DinastyDinasty Member UncommonPosts: 212
    Unfortunately beauty isn't everything. Or in this case, enough.
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by SteeJanz
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by SteeJanz

Not as good as the other but it was where I happened to be in the game.  I installed sweetfx as Aero has suggested and I like it alot.  Thank you very much.

My settings are posted above you can look around on google also as many people have posted settings you can try and tweak out as well..  glad you like it:)

I copied your settings from the highend guide. I am assuming they are the same.  :)  I will play with to see, although i could have picked a better scene.  :)

yea one from guide is the same

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030
    So I just tried this injector at Aerowyn's settings.  I like it a lot, but certain bright objects (glowing plants, flower blossoms) stand out as too distractingly bright.  What setting would I tweak to lower only those objects?
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Dinasty
    Unfortunately beauty isn't everything. Or in this case, enough.

Beauty isn't everything, but it adds to an already solid game.

Originally posted by Homitu
    So I just tried this injector at Aerowyn's settings.  I like it a lot, but certain bright objects (glowing plants, flower blossoms) stand out as too distractingly bright.  What setting would I tweak to lower only those objects?

try post processing to off and shaders to medium in the game video settings also try lowering your gamma in game a bit should help.. also in the sweetfx setting make sure bloom is off(set to 0)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

forgot to add an underwater pic.. don't think i have ever played a MMO with such vast content filled underwater areas.. underwater combat is actually very fun with certain classes mesmer and elementalist are a lot of fun underwater

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788
  • rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    This makes me think that we should start a "best screenshot" contest.  Take a couple of days to let people post their best pics then have people vote.  Either way I need to take some pics of my warrior showing how it's done, and where to do it while duel wielding a sword and axe.  Great swords are for wimps and pve'ers!

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• HorrorScopeHorrorScope Member UncommonPosts: 599

Got to jump om this one. There is no better looking mmo...

photo Screenshot1065977.jpg

photo Screenshot748184.jpg

photo Screenshot948610.jpg

photo Screenshot1065611.jpg

photo Screenshot747508.jpg

photo Screenshot660337.jpg

photo Screenshot630455.jpg

photo Screenshot579894.jpg

photo Screenshot630336.jpg

• SteeJanzSteeJanz Member UncommonPosts: 334

Here is a couple more from today.   I will have to look up how to add the photos's like the rest of you guys.  They look so much better.

photo Screenshot509300.jpg

photo Screenshot470379.jpg

photo Screenshot452025.jpg

photo Screenshot436704.jpg

photo Screenshot435883.jpg

photo Screenshot435544.jpg

photo Screenshot356351.jpg

photo Screenshot406818.jpg

photo Screenshot346807.jpg

photo Screenshot310015.jpg

great shots guys:)

photo Screenshot341695.jpg

photo Screenshot304788.jpg

photo Screenshot298028.jpg

photo Screenshot290118.jpg

photo Screenshot279436.jpg

photo Screenshot278173.jpg

photo Screenshot276571.jpg

photo Screenshot250618.jpg

photo Screenshot233433.jpg

photo Screenshot218378.jpg

photo Screenshot211459.jpg

photo Screenshot203095.jpg

photo Screenshot199398.jpg

photo Screenshot199943.jpg

photo Screenshot175504.jpg

photo Screenshot170064.jpg

photo Screenshot157009.jpg

photo Screenshot135822.jpg

photo Screenshot125114.jpg

photo Screenshot133210.jpg

i'd say you are in the lead for best shots Horrorscope nice shots!

• ElectricWizardElectricWizard Member Posts: 47

Nice screenshots!

GW2 is truely the most beautiful and evocative MMORPG world I've ever explored ... the art team and animators are videogame gods that need to paid as such. Seriously Arenanet.. hold on to these people and NEVER let go.

But the gameplay is shallow and bland. Which makes for the most frustrating experience for me and my guild.  The boss mechanics and combat mechanics are beyond boring and easy and messy and mashy.  The entire game is a currency grind and feel good slot machine - when we play, we never have a sense of thrill or danger.. no, whats going through your mind is not "omfg i hope we can beat the dragon!", its more like "omfg i wonder how many rares ill get from the chest!". Basically its a MMO slot machine - all you have to do is be present and semi-conscious and click on the treasure chests.  Its christmas morning everyday in Tyria... complete meh

photo Screenshot122924.jpg

photo Screenshot111391.jpg

photo Screenshot83266.jpg

photo Screenshot79035.jpg

photo Screenshot20748.jpg

photo Screenshot78624.jpg

photo gw22013-03-0419-37-47-54.jpg

photo gw22013-03-0419-37-00-17.jpg

photo gw22013-03-0419-35-01-73.jpg

photo Untitled.png

Bonus: Taking out the trash in style!

photo traci-bingham.jpg

i'd say you are in the lead for best shots Horrorscope nice shots!

I've never taken so many pics of a game before. Have hundreds! Skyrim I have looking pretty sweet to.

This is one of my fav paintings of all-time, I need the oil painting! Also love the Yogi Bear sighting.

photo gw22013-03-0420-23-33-21.jpg

• SteeJanzSteeJanz Member UncommonPosts: 334
    Originally posted by ElectricWizard

Nice screenshots!

GW2 is truely the most beautiful and evocative MMORPG world I've ever explored ... the art team and animators are videogame gods that need to paid as such. Seriously Arenanet.. hold on to these people and NEVER let go.

But the gameplay is shallow and bland. Which makes for the most frustrating experience for me and my guild.  The boss mechanics and combat mechanics are beyond boring and easy and messy and mashy.  The entire game is a currency grind and feel good slot machine - when we play, we never have a sense of thrill or danger.. no, whats going through your mind is not "omfg i hope we can beat the dragon!", its more like "omfg i wonder how many rares ill get from the chest!". Basically its a MMO slot machine - all you have to do is be present and semi-conscious and click on the treasure chests.  Its christmas morning everyday in Tyria... complete meh

We can't have one  thread without someone being negative.   Not even a screen shot thread.  And I find it very hard to believe that loot doesn't matter in all those other games.  If GW2 is a slot machine then most other games are like those stuffed animal Claw machines.  "Dang it I thought I had it that time."  

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030

try post processing to off and shaders to medium in the game video settings also try lowering your gamma in game a bit should help.. also in the sweetfx setting make sure bloom is off(set to 0)

None of those options (nor several others I toggled with in the txt file) seemed to yield the desired effect.  After about an hour of messing with the txt file and coming up with some crazy effects, the intrigue of the program wore off for me lol.  I just wanted a solution.  I ended up looking up some other users' GW2 settings and finally settled on this one.  I absolutely love it so far!

Editting to express my further disbelief that a game that already looked more gorgeous than nearly any game I've ever played can somehow be made to look so much better.  /speechless

None of those options (nor several others I toggled with in the txt file) seemed to yield the desired effect.  After about an hour of messing with the txt file and coming up with some crazy effects, the intrigue of the program wore off for me lol.  I just wanted a solution.  I ended up looking up some other users' GW2 settings and finally settled on this one.  I absolutely love it so far!

Editting to express my further disbelief that a game that already looked more gorgeous than nearly any game I've ever played can somehow be made to look so much better.  /speechless

yea you can do a lot of stuff with sweetfx:) deepnding on monitor and how your color is setup obviously not everyone will have same look with exact same settings.. it's always good to just play around with it till you hit your personal preference

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

Here are mine =]

imageimageimage

Yes I like to include my character sometimes =P

• MaelzraelMaelzrael Member UncommonPosts: 405
    My Thief