Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Class To Instant Level 80 To?

Traded my TF2 earbuds for a copy of MoP. Getting a friend to use scroll of res on me. I'm wondering what class I should use the instant level 80 upgrade on.

I only played a Holy Pally from TBC - Cata (Raiding and some PvP). So maybe another healer, idk. I'm a horrible alt leveler, highest alt is lvl 52 lol.

Comments

• braveliltoasterbraveliltoaster Member Posts: 2

wow are you serious... you traded something you could have sold within 10 hours on the steam marketplace for upward of $80.00for a game thats worth $30.00.... lol

• KrazyxaznKrazyxazn Member Posts: 4
    Um... Earbuds are only worth $30-35. Get your facts straight :P
  • braveliltoasterbraveliltoaster Member Posts: 2

oh yeah i guess they have dropped since last i played...

as fof WoW holy pallys are great healers right now, with this big patch hitting a LOT of stuff is changing. Right now prior to patch the best healing classes pvp are H pally and R druid. As for damage I have noticed a lot of flavor of the month re rollers are playing monks/rogues.

I play a ret pally and they are getting a big buff on their off heals so pallys will be able to dish out burst wile being able to keep themselves alive

• bag0glassbag0glass Member Posts: 6
    Priest.  Everyone likes a priest
  • winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
    Originally posted by Krazyxazn
    Traded my TF2 earbuds for a copy of MoP. Getting a friend to use scroll of res on me. I'm wondering what class I should use the instant level 80 upgrade on.

I only played a Holy Pally from TBC - Cata (Raiding and some PvP). So maybe another healer, idk. I'm a horrible alt leveler, highest alt is lvl 52 lol.

Thats easy auto level up the class you least want to play, so that way you don't actually have to play and level it up.

Lvl 80 to me is end game, one can have fun for about a month before rerunning the same dungeons starts to be a drag, and theh its time to play a alt up from lvl 1 or look for another MMO. YMMV

• tachgbtachgb Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Priest to 80, level up your Pally, you've got 2 fun classes at your disposal.
  • PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

Pick the class you are most likey to play besides your Pally. You said you hated leveling, so the chances of leveling multiple alts are low. May as well make the best of it and have your second favorite class be your second highest level.

Hmm I'm starting to think Druid. I can dual spec Feral for dps and Resto for healing. How has this expansion been treating melee dps in dungeons/raids?

Priest is another option.

• slickbizzleslickbizzle Member Posts: 464

I always had the most fun on my priest.

• zethcarnzethcarn Member UncommonPosts: 1,558
    Monk is very fun.
    Originally posted by Ppiper
    what if you have a level 72 Hunter? If someone sends me a rez scroll will she be level 80 or is it only for new chars?

Its for any character (existing and new). I wouldn't waste it on a level 72 though. Better off just leveling it on your own and using the level 80 upgrade on a lower level character.

• 88proof88proof Member Posts: 7
    It would make most sense to level a class that only has dps specs...since they are the hardest to level because they have the longest q times when you run randoms. So hunter, mage, warlock...so which one of those would you have most fun playing?
  • ghostfaeriesghostfaeries Member UncommonPosts: 89
    you can never go wrong with holy paladin.  I would insta level him, or a priest of course. healers are in high demand.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by 88proof
    It would make most sense to level a class that only has dps specs...since they are the hardest to level because they have the longest q times when you run randoms. So hunter, mage, warlock...so which one of those would you have most fun playing?

I have a 90 warlock and a 90 hunter. Both were very easy to level...questing can actually go faster than randoms after level 30 or so. They are also both soloing beasts. There comes a point where you Q for dungeon gear, not so much for XP. The XP in instances is mostly good when you first become elligeble to run a set...ie. 58+ for BC dungeons, 68+ for WOTLK dungeons, etc. after tha the quests are quicker. Both Cata and Panda instances are just for gear. Quest XP for both of those level ranges is much, much faster. 

A Demonology Warlock with with the Demon Hunting Glyph becomes a viable spare tank in a jiffy--no really :) -- and it's by far my favorite soloing character when using the glyph. Dual Spec Destruction with it for one of the most powerful instance DPS builds that is equally good at AOE trash and Single target bosses.

The hunter is also a lot of fun--especially if you like pets. Beastmaster lets you tame exotic pets which are fun to hunt and find. Also excellent in instances single target ot AOE.

For either Tanking or Melee DPS (I have an 87 of those) it's tough to beat the Monk at the moment. Excellent aggro management and mitigation and the AoE is so strong you have to think twice about using your single target abilities.

Second to the monk in tanking is the Protection Paladin (mine is 85) and imho, the Holy ones are the easiest healers to play and the best PvP healers.

The other easy to play healer is the Shaman but unfortunately neither the ranged nor melee DPS versions are stellar if you want to dual class them.

Lots of choices...

Classes to stay away from because of their general "meh" abilities (and I am biased so take this with a grain of salt) Warriors, Priests. Death Knights and Mages. Warriors and DKS are both mediocre tanks and DPS. As tanks they are both aggro management challenged and as melee DPS they can't match the Monk. Priests are all around mediocre at all they do. They can heal but Pallys, Shammies, Druids and Monks all do it better. Their DPS version is also lacking, Mages are the only truly squishy class. They are a pain to solo quest with compared to Warlocks. But if you persevere, Arcane, Frost and Fire are 1,2,3, in the current raid-gear DPS rankings.

And yes. I have lots of alts :)

Another thing to consider... the DPS classes are the easiest to pick-up cold at 80 without taking them there yourself and learning how they play. It's still going to feel weird at first but you can learn as you go. I wouldn't dream of trying to heal or tank with a class I didn't play 1-80 myself.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• 88proof88proof Member Posts: 7
    A lot of people dont like questing...remember this game has been around for 10 years...the same quest over and over get old. So the quikcest way to level is...rested state...boa gear...gild exp bonus as you instant grind. 
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by 88proof
    A lot of people dont like questing...remember this game has been around for 10 years...the same quest over and over get old. So the quikcest way to level is...rested state...boa gear...gild exp bonus as you instant grind. 

Yes, yes... extra xp from guild perks helps everyone doing anything as does the good ole rested state... BOaccount gear just overpowers you and trivializes any content... of course some people care about nothing but the end-game... if facerolling 1-90 is ok with them, who am I to judge?

Mosts quests have you grind as part of the quest...and then they top you up with extra xp on top of that...win-win. So I've done the quest before multiple times...that just means I don't have to read anything and I know where to go, which to take, which to skip and what to do... making it much faster. I hardly see much difference from a boredom point of view between doing a quest again or killing a tiger again...and again.

Trust me... I've been playing since the beginning and have characters in several different types of server (RP, PVP, Regular) I'm in a max level guild...follow the quest hubs and be selective about which you do (the ones that are all together in the same place of course--don't piss around with the ones that take you way out of the way...if you've done it before you know which to do and which to skip) skip ahead so that you're always questing in areas where the mobs are your level or higher. Do that while Qing for randoms--if the random is still worth it--or better yet Q for specific dungeons that are yellow or orange and have quests you haven't done yet... 1-50 for any class is a relaxed weekend's play.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED