Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls or....Drumroll....

2»

Comments

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
    Originally posted by DavisFlight
    Originally posted by BitterClinger

I think people who are interested in DAOC style RVR should be playing DAOC...

Would if I could. But the DAoC everyone loved no longer exists.

This^^ and i hardly ever agree with Davis.

IMO DAoC died with TOA which was one of MJ's brainstorms. Just my opinion of course and i'm sure everyone has their own on when DAoC died or if its still going strongly

• VyntVynt Member UncommonPosts: 757
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle

I am sure they game would sport a large population if they had kept updating the game over chucking all eggs in the Warhammer basket. Sad to say, DAoC has not gotten much dev love in a long long time and is really out of date. 

I'd go back in a heartbeat, even with all the changes to gameplay, if they upgraded the engine to that of warhammer. Think they're the same, but warhammer's is just modified. Movement between the 2 games is night and day. Way to sluggish and clunky in daoc. I could deal with that before, but that and the changes in the game, nope, can't accept both, lol.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Originally posted by Vynt

I am sure they game would sport a large population if they had kept updating the game over chucking all eggs in the Warhammer basket. Sad to say, DAoC has not gotten much dev love in a long long time and is really out of date. 

I'd go back in a heartbeat, even with all the changes to gameplay, if they upgraded the engine to that of warhammer. Think they're the same, but warhammer's is just modified. Movement between the 2 games is night and day. Way to sluggish and clunky in daoc. I could deal with that before, but that and the changes in the game, nope, can't accept both, lol.

With ya on that, if DAoC got a new updated engine and graphics and a few of the modern current MMO features I would be right with ya. 

EDIT: Oops I forgot EA owns them now... so maybe not.

• JacobinJacobin Member RarePosts: 1,009

The under dog will be CU seeing as how it will have like 1% of the budget ESO will have.

But seeing as how 70% of ESO's playerbase will quit after 30 days due to lack of content its not like it will matter.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

TESO for me because it has PvE and its TES online. Lets see how true to TES its at launch.

Im still willing to give CU a try if the PvP is meaningful and while theres no PvE in there, if i dont have to fight other players as soon as i log in then im ok.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Nihilist

The under dog will be CU seeing as how it will have like 1% of the budget ESO will have.

But seeing as how 70% of ESO's playerbase will quit after 30 days due to lack of content its not like it will matter.

Mind sharing with me tomorrow's lottery numbers as well since you know the future so well.

No one can predict if either game will be a failure or not so any attempts to predict it is foolish.  I don't think either game will be the be all, end all MMO for everyone (nothing can) but it isn't hard to think both will have their propnents and detractors so its not even worthy of foolishly thinking otherwise.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    I hope they both do well. We need more non WoW clone mmo's out there competing for our dollars, and making other games have to push the boundaries to keep us interested. image

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

what a joke. One game exists on paper, the other one is close to beta.

apples and oranges

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Tayah
    I hope they both do well. We need more non WoW clone mmo's out there competing for our dollars, and making other games have to push the boundaries to keep us interested. image

exactly

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395
    Will probably play ESO, if only to see how they developed Tamriel (Even though I think they mucked up some game design elements).  No interest in CU.   It'll probably be going up against WoD too, which is the only PvP heavy MMO that really interests me, due to the setting and the developers.

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• FaelsunFaelsun Member UncommonPosts: 501

I have played every Elder Scrolls game and as a fan of the series am totally unimpressed or awaiting this " title" in any way. This is an attempt  to get DOAC and WAR refugees and a few WOW players on the fence for a few months so they can cash in like GW2 and TOR did, this game  will most likely be a lot like those two games and equally as dissapointing. To say its not just another treadmill WOW clone is laughable at best, Then again there are people who think TOR is an original concept.

PASS.

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556

I am sure the game would sport a large population if they had kept updating the game over chucking all eggs in the Warhammer basket. Sad to say, DAoC has not gotten much dev love in a long long time and is really out of date. 

It is the updates that made everyone stopplaying it. The semi classic servers were always the most popular ones once they got released. 

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by Tayah

But TESO is very much a WoW clone, sooo 

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521
    Why is CU even being discussed?  I've never seen such ridiculous hype for a game that hasn't even began production, it's utter foolishness. 
  • meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    Originally posted by Brohime

Elder Scrolls or......................drumroll........Camelot Unchained!

As a Dark Age of Camelot fan ( which many say have the best PVP EVER),  I would love to see RvR  actually done correctly!

So in the name of RvR, which game will produce a PvP system to match the greatness of DAoC?

I like CU's chances better simply because its RvR system won't be chained to PvE. Everything from class design to gear to RvR rewards and progression can be designed in that game solely for how it will impact RvR. In TESO PvE gear and the raiding or grinding needed to acquire it will intrude on RvR, and classes and RvR rewards will have to be balanced so they aren't overpowered in PvE.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Originally posted by meddyck
    Originally posted by Brohime

Elder Scrolls or......................drumroll........Camelot Unchained!

As a Dark Age of Camelot fan ( which many say have the best PVP EVER),  I would love to see RvR  actually done correctly!

So in the name of RvR, which game will produce a PvP system to match the greatness of DAoC?

I like CU's chances better simply because its RvR system won't be chained to PvE. Everything from class design to gear to RvR rewards and progression can be designed in that game solely for how it will impact RvR. In TESO PvE gear and the raiding or grinding needed to acquire it will intrude on RvR, and classes and RvR rewards will have to be balanced so they aren't overpowered in PvE.

ESO fixed that problem. There is no PvP gear, there is just gear. No PvP stats its all just gear!

• TuktzTuktz Member Posts: 299

I'll definitely check out both, because TESO is <1 year from release, and at the earliest, I think CU is 2-4 years.

I'm bored of GW2, bored of EVE, couldn't get back into DAOC when I tried just cause it's so dated.

MMO history - EVE GW2 SWTOR RIFT WAR COH/V EQ2 WOW DAOC
    Tuktz - http://www.heretic.shivtr.com/

• BrohimeBrohime Member Posts: 34

I'm not too up-to date on the combat system for Elder Scrolls Online.

But if it is anything like skyrim (aiming to target) .... it will be interesting to see how it works for RvR

Also, I think both games should implement good  CC  (similiar to DAoC).  Which is what I think made group play so funn.

• SwiftrevoirSwiftrevoir Member UncommonPosts: 158

Since Camelot Unchained is currently in Kickstarter don't expect to see it for a few years.  Anyway they'll be pretty different games catering to two crowds.  On one side you have an MMO with a RVR experience.  The other is just a RVR scenario.

First of course I'll play ESO, and then whenever the times comes I'll try Camelot Unchained.  I doubt I would leave the former for the latter but time will tell I suppose.