Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How important is the story/lore in an MMO?

13»

Comments

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by DamonVile

If the lore/story is good I follow along and become interested. If it's just a " we couldn't pay good writers so here's a blah blah the bad guy is bad " story....I ignore it and kill stuff.

SWTOR the sith warrior story is the last time I remember actually being very interested in what was going on. I couldn't wait to get to the next part to see what happened. As much as I didn't like large parts of that game. The story in it was a 10/10 for me.

I have to agree.  And I usually don't hold much hope for the story being worth a hill of beans.. the problem with SWTOR was that the gameplay was bland.  Not many companies receive unanimous praise for creating both a vibrant story and tight gameplay under a single MMORPG.

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

I like to play MMO with nice story line, it keep me excited to see the rest.

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,606
    Story is like great costumes in a movie. Ya want them but its not why you went to see the movie. Better have a good one but everything comes second to combat and content quality. Games like SWToR missed that.