Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

SOE going console only!(At first)

Comments

• evilastroevilastro EdinburghPosts: 4,270Member

It honestly wouldnt surprise me. Smed did say that we would see the game this year... just in time for the PS4 launch perhaps.

With internet speeds and facial recognition, I dont see any reason why a MMO couldn't work on a console anymore. Everyone uses voice chat instead of typing these days anyway. A MMO designed from the ground up for consoles would do very well in the current market.

• BadOrbBadOrb ManchesterPosts: 791Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by strangiato2112
    Originally posted by Yizle
    Originally posted by Punk999
    Wouldnt surprise me! There was Everquest online adventures so wouldnt be the first time, and i dont mind since i plan on buying a PS4.

And it was a failure.

And it was actually a VERY good game.  Console gamers just didnt go for it.

Wasnt really a failure, but it was far from a hit.

As I said earlier hackers ruined it , my friend couldn't get online with the system at the time and then after it took him 10 days to get on ( I started the first week of it ) it was hacked to bits , we still played for some months but yeah a real shame.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

Originally posted by FromHell
    Originally posted by gorro187
    Actually i need to clear the air here. I to have a very good best friend who work's at soe. He personally told me that the game will not be on console's. Apatently some fellow was fired recently for drinking on the job.(Your friend perhaps). He apartently was saying those kind's of thing's the OP stated prior. And my very good best friend showed me some crayola crayon drawings of the game. It looks amazing! But the real sweet info he gave me was it will be ran on Voodoo 2's! You heard it here first folks! Game on!

well, MY best friend at SOE told me there will be no console or PC release at all, you will simply buy a two-way EQNextChip© implant connector and hook it up to your brain and testicles for most intense and immersive gameplay experience.

If you want to cancel your sub you need to make an appointment with a SOE certified surgeon working at Gamestop

Your info is slightly incorrect. The second implant goes in your rectum so you can get the true SoE experience (tm).

Originally posted by achesoma

Aren't the next gen consoles essentially PC-based systems anyway?  So this really isn't beyond the realm of possiblity.  Plus, consoles don't have all the other resource hogs that typical PCs have to deal with.  I would imagine it's far easier for developers to make games knowing that all their customers have the exact same specs.  Whoever successfully taps into the console market with a good quality MMO will be the next WoW.  I know some EQ followers that would be willing to "sell-out" and go console if EQnext is good enough.

On a side note.  When I saw this, I immediately thought of the "uncle" post on the SWG forums talking about the upcoming NGE lol.  Everyone thought he was a crazy troll and he turned out to be dead on. 

Yeah, there have actually been a lot of crazy SoE leaks over the years that have turned out to be true. The only thing you can bet on with SoE is that they are unpredictable.

• AcidonAcidon Salem, ORPosts: 797Member

Assuming this OP isn't fictional..

Am I the ONLY one that read that it would be coming out for PC after the PS4?  It's not "Console Only" ... Jeez people.  READ.

It hurts.  It physically hurts knowing the average person out there has the attention span of a dementia patient.

Obligatory "=)"

Playing: H1Z1, The Crew, Defiance, APB:Reloaded
    Mourning: World of Darkness, Vanguard, City of Heroes

My Humble MMO Blog:
    http://mmogasm.blogspot.com

Free, Clean & Safe Quality of Life Software:
    http://www.acidonsolutions.com

• TorvalTorval Oregon CountryPosts: 7,221Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Acidon

Assuming this OP isn't fictional..

Am I the ONLY one that read that it would be coming out for PC after the PS4?  It's not "Console Only" ... Jeez people.  READ.

It hurts.  It physically hurts knowing the average person out there has the attention span of a dementia patient.

Obligatory "=)"

The OP was conveniently edited.  There is a small line of text at the bottom right of the post that shows when it was edited.  So you're not the only person that read the post in that manner, but you may be the only person in the thread that didn't read the unedited post.

• NadiaNadia Canonsburg, PAPosts: 11,866Member Common

SOE Fanfaire is in 5 months     Aug 1st - 4th

https://www.soe.com/soelive/faq.vm

• tixylixtixylix gfff, TNPosts: 1,208Member Uncommon

I dunno remember the last person who said this about SOE? That famous thread on the SWG forums about that guy who has a friend whose uncle did a focus test for SOE or something and then listed what turned out to be the NGE lol.

I'm inclined to believe this, just the dumb move SOE would do.

• tixylixtixylix gfff, TNPosts: 1,208Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Nadia

God they're always so depressing to see, just a load of obese 40 year old geeks who have no social life and it's always in some horrible looking Vegas Hotel which is so cheap and tackey. There is like 100 people who turn up compared to the giant numbers of every other developer event because SOE have no fans left, only hardcore dedicated EQ fanbois, who for some reason failed to jump ship back in 2002. 

They wont even have new fans visiting for Planetside 2 cause that game sucks and no one likes it, the population is on constant decline because SOE released it too early like they always do. We keep telling them every beta that first impressions count the most, you'll never get those players back and it's always "releasing in 2 weeks" and a giant outrage on the beta forums.

Originally posted by tixylix

There is like 100 people who turn up compared to the giant numbers of every other developer event because SOE have no fans left, only hardcore dedicated EQ fanbois, who for some reason failed to jump ship back in 2002. 

name another company specific fan event beyond Blizzard

not many mmo companies hold their own events

• CalmOceansCalmOceans BergenPosts: 2,273Member
    Originally posted by tixylix
    Originally posted by Nadia

God they're always so depressing to see, just a load of obese 40 year old geeks who have no social life and it's always in some horrible looking Vegas Hotel which is so cheap and tackey.

While true, this has little to do with the actual game but more so with the United States.

You can go to any tech event, to Blizzcon, E3,  CES, to any event in the US and you will find obese people at abnormal proportions.

Don't blame a game for what is a nationwide problem in the US.

I know many Japanese EQ players and none of them are obese.

EQ players are in better shape than the average person in the US: http://www.livescience.com/2907-video-gamers-surprisingly-fit-older.html

• ignore_meignore_me Apple Valley, CAPosts: 1,987Member
    This is a troll thread. The Console Takeover is the gaming version of The End is Nigh! It's been imminent for decades.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• DeVoDeVoDeVoDeVo Outhere, NCPosts: 94Member Uncommon

I can see this game coming out on both the PS4 and PC cocurrently, if that is even possible.  More people playing = more money right?

I would be shocked if it was released only on the PS4.

• OziiusOziius Baltimore, MDPosts: 1,388Member Uncommon

I actually hope you're correct.. or your friend rather. I for one am sick of spending the money on my PC to upgrade over and over again for games that still need to be continually patched due to the millions of system configurations they're working with. 

I'm getting older.. Spending money on my PC isn't cool anymore. Having a tricked out rig is getting as ridiculous to me as having a tricked out car. At this point, I would rather by a PS4 that I can use for 5-7 years. Do you know how much money I have spent on my pc in 5-7 years? I routinely buy a new card, 300-400 dollars every two years or so. 

I'm guess I'm saying that at this time, I would rather have a nice Cadillac cts then a Honda Civic in which I continuously sink money. If Sony did do this, it would be a step in a good direction for me at least. 

I routinely buy a new card, 300-400 dollars every two years or so. 

You complain that PC are expensive but then you waste that amount of money on a graphics card every 2 years? That makes little to no sense. Most $200 graphics card last 3-4 years.

And consoles being cheaper is such a fallacy, a TV that actually has no input lag costs tons of money.

Anyway, good luck buying your PS4 which is nothing but an outdated higher clocked AMD bobcat core with facebook integration.

The console solution aims at the mean of performance, but trades off content and interface. The problem with a universal system is that you lose choice. I don't particularly like having to upgrade, but I Hate not being able to upgrade. Consoles are the communism of the gaming world.

Originally posted by DeVoDeVo

I can see this game coming out on both the PS4 and PC cocurrently, if that is even possible.  More people playing = more money right?

I would be shocked if it was released only on the PS4.

theres been no details yet beyond past statements by SOE that all their future games would be multiplatform

what we do know

- DCUO had a simultaneous launch on both PC and console

- PS2, a game that uses the same game engine as EQ3, has only launched on the PC

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/111555-EverQuest-Next-and-Planetside-2-To-Use-New-Forge-Light-Engine

• JyiigaJyiiga Seneca, SCPosts: 1,042Member Uncommon

Sounds like a good way to blow your own foot off. Go ahead, push your core audience into the arms of another deverloper/game.

I'm wiling to believe it, because I know how stupid SOE can be. 

• botrytisbotrytis In Flux, MIPosts: 2,567Member
    People are missing the point, it is where the money is -consoles. Look at which games always sell the most - console. Makes sense to me.

"In 50 years, when I talk to my grandchildren about these days, I'll make sure to mention what an accomplished MMO player I was. They are going to be so proud ..."
    by Naqaj - 7/17/2013 MMORPG.com forum

• NikopolNikopol The ZonePosts: 626Member Uncommon

To me, it doesn't make sense at all, but I guess SOE is prone to not making sense every now and then.

If they were going console with a brand new MMO franchise, it actually would make sense. But to go console-first with the sequel of a game that made a lot of people buy PCs, was one of the beacons of online PC gaming and therefore is a huge legacy among PC gamers... That's like making a conscious effort to get rid of your existing fanbase.

It would not be like Dust 514. It would be way worse.

• nottunednottuned st.paul, MNPosts: 92Member
    Originally posted by xpowderx

By the way, the PS4 specs are pretty uber even to some PCs.

lol

• OziiusOziius Baltimore, MDPosts: 1,388Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by CalmOceans

You complain that PC are expensive but then you waste that amount of money on a graphics card every 2 years? That makes little to no sense. Most $200 graphics card last 3-4 years.

And consoles being cheaper is such a fallacy, a TV that actually has no input lag costs tons of money.

Anyway, good luck buying your PS4 which is nothing but an outdated higher clocked AMD bobcat core with facebook integration.

Wow... such anger within you... Did a ps3 harm you in some way in the past? lol - Or you're just one of those "PC" folks that is hardcore and hates consoles...

A $200 card doesn't last 4 years and you're argument is striaght up dumb.  Part of the reason I complain that PC's are too expensive is directly related to buying a new card every two years. Most people on this site more then likely buy a card every year or two for sure. I'm not sure how you're stretching your $200 cards to last 4 years, but whatever. 

So bascially I'm calling extreme bullshit on your statement that buying a card every two years is excessive.  Might one ask how often you upgrade? Please tell me how much you would spend on your magic PC in a 7 year period? What are you rocking currently? 

Originally posted by Praetalus
    Originally posted by CalmOceans

Wow... such anger within you... Did a ps3 harm you in some way in the past? lol - Or you're just one of those "PC" folks that is hardcore and hates consoles...

A $200 card doesn't last 4 years and you're argument is striaght up dumb.  Part of the reason I complain that PC's are too expensive is directly related to buying a new card every two years. Most people on this site more then likely buy a card every year or two for sure. I'm not sure how you're stretching your $200 cards to last 4 years, but whatever. 

So bascially I'm calling extreme bullshit on your statement that buying a card every two years is excessive.  Might one ask how often you upgrade? Please tell me how much you would spend on your magic PC in a 7 year period? What are you rocking currently? 

I'll step up to this. Consoles are fine but they are a common denominator tool versus PCs that are usually pushing the boundaries. Were it that consoles took over, I would have missed many games that consoles of the time either could not run, or would have been so restricted in either storage or interface that they would have been shit.

Consoles being forced on the PC world would be great for designers, but the games that could not be created due to universal hardware restrictions would be legion.

A $200 card doesn't last 4 years and you're argument is striaght up dumb. 

Really.

ATI 4850, $199 on launch http://www.anandtech.com/show/2556

5 years old

running  tera without any laghttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6V64aAJNNII

running skyrim without any lag: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnzPXJG3Kl8

You said you needed a $400 card every 2 years.

Originally posted by Praetalus
    What are you rocking currently? 

5770 and an AMD X3, haven't upgraded it in 4 years since every PC game I throw at it runs, the only time I can get it to lag is if I turn on 4xAA, which I don't even notice in the game