Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feedback sought on Reward Tiers

Comments

• tokeshtokesh Member Posts: 35
    Originally posted by Qallidexz
    Originally posted by tokesh
    Originally posted by ragz45

*cough* how about an opportunity to join City State ent. as an "apprentice", and learn game development from yours truely.  I would be tempted by this  =)

Have wanted to quit my dismally borring job in Architecture and get a job in game development for years.  But lack of any work history / training in the industry has always scared me away, that and being outright afraid to take the plunge.

are you high?

This actually wouldn't be such a bad idea, if it was say, a non-paid internship, for a certain amount of time, like 5-6+ months, with the possibilty to go longer, or to even be hired, and also, at an extremely high level, like $40,000, or something like that...

Also, at very high levels, personal calls with Mark Jacobs, or even personal meetings with Mark and the team at CSE... OR an interview with Mark Jacobs, that they can post on their site, or what not.

I got a pretty good laugh out of this. 

• QallidexzQallidexz Member Posts: 253
    Originally posted by ragz45

*cough* how about an opportunity to join City State ent. as an "apprentice", and learn game development from yours truely.  I would be tempted by this  =)

Have wanted to quit my dismally borring job in Architecture and get a job in game development for years.  But lack of any work history / training in the industry has always scared me away, that and being outright afraid to take the plunge.

are you high?

This actually wouldn't be such a bad idea, if it was say, a non-paid internship, for a certain amount of time, like 5-6+ months, with the possibilty to go longer, or to even be hired, and also, at an extremely high level, like $40,000, or something like that...

Also, at very high levels, personal calls with Mark Jacobs, or even personal meetings with Mark and the team at CSE... OR an interview with Mark Jacobs, that they can post on their site, or what not.

I got a pretty good laugh out of this. 

Obviously you don't understand how Kickstarter works. Research ftw.

• SoMuchMassSoMuchMass Member Posts: 548
    All I want to see is a title in game and a forum title for backers depending on their contribution.  That would be nice.
  • Val_NekarkVal_Nekark Member Posts: 1
    It's not really a reward but if you reach your goal i would love to see a statue or a commerative plate in game in memory of all the backers.
  • AiscenceAiscence Member Posts: 6

The plate to put on the entry of our house can be great, a specific sign for the shop too.

But what about a special backer song for bard/menestrel who want to roleplay? like an emote.

• EllyaEllya Member Posts: 99

Has anyone mentioned Early Access as a backer reward yet? 

I also like the hat or cloak  idea.  Not as an item, but as a skin that could be applied to every hat or cloak you wear. This would mean you could keep that backer status visible throughout your character's progress, without sacrificing stats.

• dynamicipftwdynamicipftw Member UncommonPosts: 206
    Originally posted by Nikopol
    Originally posted by dynamicipftw
    Originally posted by Benezetta
    Originally posted by Jimmac
    Originally posted by kryllen

PoE did a small cosmetic pet for ingame - depending on how much you donated was the type of bird thing you got.

Oh god, no cosmetic pets please, for the love of god, please.

Agreed completely.

Amen.

Why? How does it affect you guys? How about some arguments?

To me, it really depends on the implementation of cosmetic pets, but seeing as I dislike even seeing them in most games, when I hear about them beforehand I usually expect it to turn bad.

Hey, think about this one: A mini Britney Spears pet. Everytime your character misses, the mini-Britney begins to sing "Oops I did it again!" Cool, no? :P

That exmple is kind of extreme :)

What is the problem with a normal pet like a dog or a crow though?

• dynamicipftwdynamicipftw Member UncommonPosts: 206
    Originally posted by Ellya

Has anyone mentioned Early Access as a backer reward yet? 

I also like the hat or cloak  idea.  Not as an item, but as a skin that could be applied to every hat or cloak you wear. This would mean you could keep that backer status visible throughout your character's progress, without sacrificing stats.

The best thing with hats is they don't even have to be spectacular or anything, just unattainable after the kickstarter ends.

edit: removed smily face.

• JayFiveAliveJayFiveAlive Member UncommonPosts: 601
    Rarely do you ever use cosmetic pets and this is a game with like no pve. Cosmetic pets could be the death of you lol. Plus they get old so fast. I just think cooler rewards would be better than waste it on a crappy cosmetic pet that's all.
  • Plastic-MetalPlastic-Metal Member Posts: 405
    I'd like to see 5 to 10 people randomly chosen from the backers pool to be invited to CSE for a 'launch party' or simply a dinner that allows the selected supporters time to meet and greet the development team on a personal level.

My name is Plastic-Metal and my name is an oxymoron.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by Xobdnas

Swg had a nice monthly veteran reward program where every month u got to pick from a list of 15 or so rewards, maybe u get access to a program like it if u back cu.

MJ said there would be vet rewards

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5594397#5594397

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• TumblebutzTumblebutz Member UncommonPosts: 322
    Originally posted by dynamicipftw
    Originally posted by Benezetta
    Originally posted by kryllen

PoE did a small cosmetic pet for ingame - depending on how much you donated was the type of bird thing you got.

Oh god, no cosmetic pets please, for the love of god, please.

Agreed completely.

Amen.

Why? How does it affect you guys? How about some arguments?

In the interest of "immersion," I don't want to see a fierce viking warrior running around with a yorkshire terrior or a pink fairy guinea pig on his shoulder.

The only pet I would want as a reward would be a dragon... a fire-breathing dragon... a huge, enemy immolation machine with scales and horns and a 20 foot long tail that could bash in a keep's gate with one lash.  Otherwise, just leave the pets out of it.

Emeryc Eightdrakes - Ranger of DragonMyst Keep - Percival

RED IS DEAD!

• tokinitokini Member UncommonPosts: 372
    "Dinner with Mark" for the biggest donor
  • WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637
    Originally posted by tokini
    "Dinner with Mark" for the biggest donor

With candles and flowers at the end! Plus a walk to the door and a declined invitation for "coffee" (just to make it realistic ofc)

• SoMuchMassSoMuchMass Member Posts: 548
    If you do plan to have mounts (I hope you do), special mounts for backers would be awesome and popular at the same time.  But you did say you have to earn your mount in this game, so not sure if it would work.
  • JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660

Originally posted by JayFiveAlive
    Rarely do you ever use cosmetic pets and this is a game with like no pve. Cosmetic pets could be the death of you lol. Plus they get old so fast. I just think cooler rewards would be better than waste it on a crappy cosmetic pet that's all.

Originally posted by Tumblebutz

<>

In the interest of "immersion," I don't want to see a fierce viking warrior running around with a yorkshire terrior or a pink fairy guinea pig on his shoulder.

<>

Also, in a purely RVR game, the cosmetic pets just don't make sense. Who would bring their little dog out with them to a battle? Especially if the animal can do nothing and adds nothing. Huge armies clashing sounds awesome. Huge armies clashing where everyone has little pets following them - dogs, cats, fairies, living mushrooms, mini unicorns, living rainbows, pandas, pigs, bunnies, purple foxes, cubs, flying swords, will-o-wisps, scorpion spider hybrids, toxic clouds, zombie babies, skeleton soldiers, frogloks, more kung fu pandas, and miniature versions of yourself - doing nothing but following you is stupid. All that stuff on the screen would look terrible.

Let people chase shinies and play dress up in other mmo's. CU can be for RVR.

• Plastic-MetalPlastic-Metal Member Posts: 405

Also, in a purely RVR game, the cosmetic pets just don't make sense. Who would bring their little dog out with them to a battle? Especially if the animal can do nothing and adds nothing. Huge armies clashing sounds awesome. Huge armies clashing where everyone has little pets following them - dogs, cats, fairies, living mushrooms, mini unicorns, living rainbows, pandas, pigs, bunnies, purple foxes, cubs, flying swords, will-o-wisps, scorpion spider hybrids, toxic clouds, zombie babies, skeleton soldiers, frogloks, more kung fu pandas, and miniature versions of yourself - doing nothing but following you is stupid. All that stuff on the screen would look terrible.

I agree, Jimmac.  The only exception would be cosmetic pets/whathaveyou that is only present at the player's house.  It would be like a very unique trophy display.

My name is Plastic-Metal and my name is an oxymoron.

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660
    Originally posted by Plastic-Metal
    Originally posted by Jimmac<>

I agree, Jimmac.  The only exception would be cosmetic pets/whathaveyou that is only present at the player's house.  It would be like a very unique trophy display.

I agree with your distinction. Cosmetic pets outside of the PVP area are fine, as long as they stay out completely. I'd prefer not to see them in the game at all, but as long as they aren't allowed in the RVR area whatsoever then it is no big deal if other people want to have them in the peace areas/inside the homes.

• cd3925cd3925 Member Posts: 29

I’m really liking a lot of these ideas- weapon skins, backer cloak, nobles and guards acknowledging you and dyes to name a few.

If it has not been mentioned yet, and if there is going to be housing similar to DAoC (as in a separate housing area). I think having an exclusive high-end (prime real estate) housing area for backers would be cool.

And please no pointless pets, unless it’s something exclusive to housing.

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718

Just show them a video of the best 2013 graphics, 2013 best animation and the best 2013 combat gameplay that you can think of.

That would be rewarding enough for your backers. 

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

• drakon3drakon3 Member Posts: 114

In all the MMO's I've ever played the CE rewards (usually cosmetic or limited use) are pointless beyond the first few weeks.  I would like to see something truly unique that someone can recognize at a glance that the person was a KS backer.  I don't want some red dyed version of a skin that everyone gets in pink. 

The only idea I've seen so far that interests me is a unique racial skin.  A green kobold I think was the example used.  Something along those lines would be great.  Anything else I personally feel is wasted effort I'd rather see put to use making the game better.

• NervzNervz Member Posts: 10

I understand about the issues with the physical rewards.

I do however own a web-based custom print business and we do bulk orders for large corporate clients, t-shirts, mugs, hoodies and the works. If you ever reconsider the idea of producing merchandise you can shoot me a PM. I'm a dedicated fan, follower and believer in your work and your principles and I would be more than happy take on the headache of production for all of these things on behalf of your studio :-) It would be a project I manage personally within my organization.

Either way, can't wait to help kickstart this baby!

• KvalandurKvalandur Member Posts: 31
    <>

I've always felt that the bandwidth that's wasted on these critters could be better used making the character cooler, having more objects in game that make the game better instead of just follow you around.

• MarkJacobsMarkJacobs CEO City State EntertainmentMember RarePosts: 649

Folks,

Thanks so much for your feedback on this thread. I've spent some of the weekend thinking about these reward ideas (especially about the roll-your-own bit) and here is my initial feedback.

1) RYO is a very cool idea and it solves some of issues with reward tiers & stretch goals with KS. I'm out of the office today but I'll discus it with the studio tomorrow.

2) As of now I've got over 50 possible backer rewards (yikes!) in my spreadsheet. I'll be sorting through them over the next few days and also discussing them with the team (especially Andrew) before committing to anything.

Thanks again for the feedback! There were more than a few interesting and unique suggestions that I hope will make it into the KS and if we end up going with a true RYO, it was because of this thread.

Mark

Mark Jacobs
    CEO, City State Entertainment

• MightyPitMightyPit Member UncommonPosts: 92

I thought about what I would love to get when I would contribute a high amount into kickstarter.

I would love to get the clothes and title of one of the king's councelors, speaking as an Athurian. 

Or the armor and the title of a guard captain. 

When I remember back to daoc, there where guards, and there where named guards. It would be really nice that someone can take the role of such a named guard for example. Of course the name tag is in the player color not in npc color.

For enemy realms, the disguise should not be visible, so that they still identify a mage when they see one.

However, this reward should only go to really high contributions, or as a special reward for excellent testing in alpha or beta. It should not be the case that at release date there are more named guards than normal players there ;)

But maybe, I think to much pve still..

MMO's played so far:
    UO,EQ,DAOC,EQ2,GW,ROM,WOW,WAR,AOC,LOTRO,RIFT,TSW,GW2,POE
    Looking forward to: Camelot Unchained, Star Citizen