Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Online: Beta FAQ Arrives & First Invites Incoming

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Elder Scrolls Online site has been updated with a new beta FAQ to answer all your burning questions about the forthcoming beta. According to the opening paragraph, the first round of beta invites will be sent later this month. All we want to know is what are you waiting for? Head to the official site to check it out.

How long are beta events and when are they held?

At first, beta events will generally be held on the weekends, and each test will have limited windows of access to the game. You’ll receive your invitation in advance so you can make time to participate. While there will only be a few events per month early on, they will be held more frequently as we approach launch. As we progress through testing, we’ll also begin scheduling longer tests that allow testers to provide more detailed feedback on topics like progression. - See more at:

Check out the handy dandy FAQ.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SlukjanSlukjan Member UncommonPosts: 265
    word
  • sacredfoolsacredfool Member UncommonPosts: 849
    Oh my... let the streams of tears flow through this forum after it turns out that "This is not the MMO you are looking for." to paraphrase whoever played that Jedi guy.

Originally posted by nethaniah

Seriously Farmville? Yeah I think it's great. In a World where half our population is dying of hunger the more fortunate half is spending their time harvesting food that doesn't exist.

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    Beta signups has been open on their site for awhile now. It isn't new. I registered about a month ago.

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    umm i thought we did a beta signup for this game like a month or two ago?
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    I believe, actually, that the FAQ is new that gives more details.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Oh well, lets sign up and see for myself how bad this game will be ;-)
  • Fornax123Fornax123 Member UncommonPosts: 36
    Short story:  Invites for actual events will be going out at the end of March.
  • McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    Really odd that the Zenimax devs were quoted as saying beta invites would be going out "extremely soon." That was over a month ago...
  • LongLivePvPLongLivePvP Member Posts: 102
    Okay, I now believe a Nov 2013 launch date haha

Playing: Darkfall Unholy Wars & ArcheAge(Alpha)
    Backed: Shards Online, Camelot Unchained
    Loved: Vanilla WoW,UO,Shadowbane,EQ,DAoC,Asheron's Call(Darktide)

• BenezettaBenezetta Member UncommonPosts: 94
    Originally posted by Czanrei
    Really odd that the Zenimax devs were quoted as saying beta invites would be going out "extremely soon." That was over a month ago...

I guess it depends on the definition of "extremely soon."

• Bicknell55Bicknell55 Member UncommonPosts: 73
    1DAAT; ready for when we can play and/or hear of those who are blessed to play Beta!

Bick

• JoyBoy80JoyBoy80 Member UncommonPosts: 23
    Damn kids, if you dont have anthing nice to say then just stfu please. The weekends beta is a good start and it will be fun to see what you guys made of this game thta we all love.
  • NeherunNeherun Member UncommonPosts: 280
    Originally posted by Czanrei

Well, 2 months is pretty much a damn accurate description of "extremely soon." When we know the typical timeline of "soon". 

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

"Weekend" beta testing usually spells out "extremely limited" content...probably due to the fact that ESO is a story-driven game.

This has just been my experience with "weekend" betas.

• hadatihadati Member UncommonPosts: 28

Hope the combat system feels solid and rewarding.  

Without that, I could care less how beautiful the mountains and rivers are or how good the voice acting is.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

• wordizwordiz Member Posts: 464
    Heeereee we gooooo!