Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Release a new server, pre t2a

ZigZagsZigZags Member UncommonPosts: 381
If they came out with a new server so everyone started fresh and kept it Pre t2a...or at least pre trammel. I would play.

Dragnon - Guildmaster - Albion Central Bank in Albion Online

www.albioncentralbank.enjin.com

Comments

• RoleroRolero Member UncommonPosts: 24

you know that Siege perilous is a pre tramel shard? Launched in 1999 and was always there.

if you want inform yourself:

http://www.uoguide.com/Siege_Perilous

• King-KongKing-Kong Member Posts: 95
    Originally posted by Rolero

you know that Siege perilous is a pre tramel shard? Launched in 1999 and was always there.

Siege, pre-trammel? What a joke. That shard has suffered from every crappy expansion the others have.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by King-Kong

Siege, pre-trammel? What a joke. That shard has suffered from every crappy expansion the others have.

What exactly do you think would happen with any pre-T2A or pre-UOR shard they release?

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,625
    Originally posted by Loktofeit

What exactly do you think would happen with any pre-T2A or pre-UOR shard they release?

Pretty sure the point he was trying to make was obvious. We want a 'classic' shard without all of those updates. 

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751

Some people are after a non updated "classic" shard.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• cantjumpcantjump Member UncommonPosts: 27
    Yeah,  would be fun for sure. I don't have much time to play games atm because of school, but I heard there was one in the making called uoforever or ultimaforever, something like that.
  • CothorCothor Member UncommonPosts: 174
    I dont' understand why these idiots have not done this already. It makes me sick that such irresponsible humans are allowed to have anything to do with UO. There are thousands of people who would do anything for that Shard to happen.
  • Mystic_FuzzMystic_Fuzz Member UncommonPosts: 36

The problem with a classic shard is that the nostalgia doesn't last long for most.

The reason we all wanted a classic shard was because it was the good era, the one we remember fondly, the one of discovery. The problem now days is that there is no more discovery and the era would stagnate and people would get bored quickly. We know pretty much everything there is to know about the game: how to GM all skills quickly, where all the best loot is, how to make characters that are best suited for whatever we need them to do. Classic eras were that of discovery. It was fun because we were in the process of figuing out how everything worked, running around lands that we have never been to and having the prospect of how the game would evolve. All those things wouldn't exist with a new shard based in a former era.

Ultima Online
    Mystic of The Fallen Lords (Pacific 98-01)
    Mystic of Catskills (03 - 08)

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by mcrippins

Pretty sure the point he was trying to make was obvious. We want a 'classic' shard without all of those updates. 

I didn't question that. His point is very obvious. He wants a 'classic' shard. I wasn't even going to touch that idiocy because if he is so into getting a classic shard but has not followed or taken part in any of the discourse with the developers on that topic over the past three or four years, then he's really not that interested in finding out and I can't be bothered explaining it.

My question was, once it is released, then what? What does he think will happen with a pre-T2A or pre-UOR server? Will it stay like that forever? If so, how many people would continue to play past the first 3 months? 6 months? When they get tired of the bugs and lack of updates, will they ask for patches and, if so, will they want the problems solved in a different manner than they were the first time around? If so, then once those patches roll out (which means completely different development branch) will it still be the 'classic' server you wanted?

Everyone else has had this discussion, taken the surveys and attended the meetings. Where were you?

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• LuftwaffenLuftwaffen Member UncommonPosts: 101
    UO forever !
  • TheCoonTheCoon Member UncommonPosts: 41
    Originally posted by Luftwaffen
    UO forever !

This ^^

• bibensdbibensd Member UncommonPosts: 58
    in por ylem launches the 10th i think
  • tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

Just play freeshards if you want pre-T2A. Why would you want to pay EA 15 bucks a month for a game they don't even support anymore?

• dreamsfadedreamsfade Member UncommonPosts: 339
    Originally posted by tom_gore

Just play freeshards if you want pre-T2A. Why would you want to pay EA 15 bucks a month for a game they don't even support anymore?

I dont play this game but I thought Mythic Entertainment maintains UO now...

Originally posted by Mizzoufan

I dont play this game but I thought Mythic Entertainment maintains UO now...

And who do you think owns Mythic?

• MavolenceMavolence Member UncommonPosts: 635
    as others have said theres a very intresting server that is still pre t2a and the one that i play currently too which im absolutely loving is www.uoforever.com
    Originally posted by Mavolence
    as others have said theres a very intresting server that is still pre t2a and the one that i play currently too which im absolutely loving is www.uoforever.com

UO Forever seems to be making a lot of things right. I wish they'd add support for the enhanced client, though. I'm too spoiled by modern UIs to play with the original client anymore :)

• MaeEyeMaeEye Member UncommonPosts: 1,103

UO Forever seems to be making a lot of things right. I wish they'd add support for the enhanced client, though. I'm too spoiled by modern UIs to play with the original client anymore :)

UOF is a lot of fun.  The updated graphics would be nice, but not necessary.

/played-mmorpgs

Total time played: 9125 Days, 21 Hours, 29 Minutes, 27 Seconds
    Time played this level: 39 Days, 1 Hour, 24 Minutes, 5 Seconds

• sempiternalsempiternal Member UncommonPosts: 1,082

Wow, that's a nice website. I'll have to check it out.

• sempiternalsempiternal Member UncommonPosts: 1,082
    Originally posted by bibensd
    in por ylem launches the 10th i think

What happened with this? It looks like it never happened.

• ThornrageThornrage Member UncommonPosts: 659
    ZigZags said:
    If they came out with a new server so everyone started fresh and kept it Pre t2a...or at least pre trammel. I would play.
    LOL You are talking about a game that died over 3 years ago ...

"I don't give a sh*t what other people say. I play what I like and I'll pay to do it too!" - SerialMMOist

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    1: Like they even have the code still to be able to put such a server on-line
    2: Like they have coders that still know the code
    3: Like they have any support that could help with such a thing

4: Like they have any monetary gain from such a server considering above mentioned. 

IN short it would cost way to much for.. well.. no gain at all. 

This have been a good conversation

• MrBum21MrBum21 Member UncommonPosts: 405
    be careful talking about free shards, that is how I got my avatar.

the missing link in a chain of destruction.

All spelling and typographical errors are based soely on the fact that i just dont care. If you must point out my lack of atention to detail, please do it with a smile.

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    those servers exist , just seek  it grasshopper