Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PoE End Game Discussion. My main concern.

Hey all.

I am sure many of you know by now I am a HUGE fan of this game.

Today I wanted to discuss my biggest issue with Path of Exile.

Maps. They are in game to give you random end game content so you have something else to do when you "beat the game".

Now here's the issue. Map drop rate is so low that you can play for 60+ hours and not even find one....yup you heard it right. 60 hours to do a 15 minute map of end game. Pretty lame.

When I first hit in the 60s I had some maps saved from grinding and had a blast doing them, now I find myself playing 10 hours at a time for a week straight and lucky to find 1 map. They say once you do a map you have a high chance of finding them inside the special maps. Personally I just dont believe it. I have put in over 500 hours into this game now. More than most games in my life. Thats how die hard I am for this game. It is in fact the only game I am playing right now.

There is no incentive to play when it takes a week to be able to do 1 random map that most likely won't yield anything special anyway. The end game is very bad in path of exile and it truly makes me sad.

I hope GGG fixes this because I have seen over 20 peeps on my friends list dissapear already for the same issue and there is no reason GGG should be killing thier own game.

Truly sad when everything else about the game is so amazing.

Hero Evermore
Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

Comments

• ZezdaZezda Member UncommonPosts: 686

If you absolutely must get more maps then you need to be running them with decent mods that increase the chance of more maps dropping, particularly maps that have more rare/magic monsters as they will drop higher level maps.

If you are feeling pretty plush then drop some chisels on them before you use a transmute/alch.

[Also, you can usually buy them for a reasonable price if you want to get a head start]

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

To run 60 hours without a map is terrible luck. Like really... terrrrrible. Don't get me wrong, you can play 5 hours and not find one if your unlucky, but if your map hunting your going to likely be wearing Magic Find (shh I know wrong game habbit) which will help your chances of it. In maps you end up oftne finding other maps and as such 1 map can lead to several others. 

I do feel there should be 'free maps' of sorts to play between while having issues finding maps but at the same time how its like now isn't as bad as you make it out to be.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990
    Let the devs know. That is bullshit. Maybe if enough chime in they will change it. In essence, not doing so only hurts themselves anyways.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672

Yeah i truly have just had HORRIBLE luck and its quite frustrating.

Also it sounds like many dont realize this but:

Increased Quality/Quantity has NO EFFECT on map drops. They are the only static drop in the game. There are official posts talking about this.

I run with 128% quality and 56% quantity.

I just started playing HC again as I needed to change things up a little after my map drop frustrations. Truly hope they increase the rate of map drops or change it to allow increased loot mods to work on maps as well. Why they decided to make maps a static drop I will never know.

Also, out of the 15 maps I have found and done. Inside those 15 maps I have found a total of 4 maps. Pathetic right?

My character has found over 20 uniques since starting the game and hasnt even found that many maps. So sad lol

Hero Evermore

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990
    Originally posted by HeroEvermore

Increased Quality/Quantity has NO EFFECT on map drops. They are the only static drop in the game. There are official posts talking about this.

I just started playing HC again as I needed to change things up a little after my map drop frustrations. Truly hope they increase the rate of map drops or change it to allow increased loot mods to work on maps as well. Why they decided to make maps a static drop I will never know.

Also, out of the 15 maps I have found and done. Inside those 15 maps I have found a total of 4 maps. Pathetic right?

My character has found over 20 uniques since starting the game and hasnt even found that many maps. So sad lol

Again let the devs know...and then smack them upside the head about it again for good taking. Pull a Tyrion v Joffrey on their ass.

God knows from coming here you're one of the more qualified players to smack them silly about this. Needs fixed...is legit...so go Macleod on 'em

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

LOL love the comments!!!! Oh man that made my day. Sadly I dont think GGG really cares about me specifically even if i have sent some people thier way (which im sure i have at this point) lol.

I'm just going to hold my head up high and pray for better luck during this 3 day weekend. Last week I found no maps and played at least 60 hours, wasn't much fun feeling that unlucky.

Hero Evermore

• AtrusVAtrusV Member UncommonPosts: 305
    Probably it's because I'm a noob but.... what happens to you when you go outside a camp? do you hit a blank screen or something?

• brad31781brad31781 Member UncommonPosts: 56
    Originally posted by HeroEvermore

Increased Quantity on the Map itself helps with map drops, per the devs. You can increase this with chisels and by rolling various mods by alterating or chaos'ing the map. Most of the time you can find public groups running maps or if your friends have maps you can run those as well. Is it the best possible system, probably not. Is it a little bit different in this stale genre, probably.

• ivaylo1981ivaylo1981 Member UncommonPosts: 30
    Hmmm , when i clear 4,5 maps i have new 4,5 maps from drops - that is all day...
    Lucky you, still havent found a map this week on SC so I quit and started playing HC again. Sick fo this stupid map drop rate. Such a fail end game design.

Hero Evermore

• ZalgabranthZalgabranth Member UncommonPosts: 14

Have you even tried using the party search function on the newsboard?

Alot of people like bringing others along for free.