Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Community Mgr holds "Event" and 4 people show up...

Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/the-biggest-catch-fishing-event.85103/#post-1466411

XanthusCommunity Manager

I would like to give a special thanks to all who Participated in "The Biggest Catch" Fishing Event. Here is a list of who participated:

Pinkfloyd
Eisenulf
Ermo
Onapul

Now for the results of the event! Participants had the possibility fo winning in 4 seperate categories.

Category: Biggest catch in one go during the time allotted
Winner: Onapul( 3600 Blue Squirt)

Category: Most species during the time.
Winner: Ermo, Total: 7 Different Species (Herbeus, Calxfish, Laake, Brown Clam, Gutta, Giant Gutta, Water Scorpion)

Category: Most fish in total during time.
Winner: Onapul, Total: 3659 (3600 Blue Squirt, 39 Herbeus, 20 Gutta)

Category: fastest to reach the specific spicies: ( Trudis, Laake, and Red Squilla ).
Winner: None of the Participants won this category

I know the population isn't high but still.. 4 participants for an "event" they started hyping on Feb 7th?

I'd say the new CM isn't exactly off to a great start...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Comments

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366
    more a reflection on how useless fishing is imo.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    I don't play the game but...a CM that holds events is better then one who does " nothing " for the community. So at least he tries.
  • HodoHodo Member Posts: 542

I think its great that they tried to hold an event that had nothing to do with PvP.

Its a shame that there isnt much of a population anymore to support that kind of thing.  

So much crap, so little quality.

• psykobillypsykobilly Member Posts: 338
    Originally posted by Hodo

I think its great that they tried to hold an event that had nothing to do with PvP.

Its a shame that there isnt much of a population anymore to support that kind of thing.  

Combined with sheer moronic choice of making fishing a primary skill.  There are probably a few chars out there with 100 survival, who would never dream of spending another 100 points of fishing - just make it a secondary it's crap anyway.

The 3 character, limited skill points system is fucking aweful - and as long as people need to buy 4 accounts to experience all the content in an MMO, this game will always be a financial failure.

---

Now if you combined Mortal Online with what Darkfall did with role switching - you might have something there.  Then you could skill up all the various aspects of the content with one character, but only have a limited skill pool activated at one time.

• JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140

-At least the tried something non PVP.

The probelem is, this game isnt really a 'sandbox" and is so PVP focudes (as in ONLY PVP focused) that the playerbase has evolved into primarily people looking for a deathmatch in a persistant world.

-Sad really..

• picommanderpicommander Member UncommonPosts: 256

Don't know about you but what really pisses me off are their forum moderators acting like fascists by simply deleting single posts but also whole threads without any further comment. Dunno where these guys are coming from but on this planet I only knew about closed threads which is perfectly ok since everone can reconstruct the reasons behind such an action. By just (silently!) removing contend (which -what a surprise- usually is of the rather unpleasant sort for SV) they just could say "hey, this never happened". How will you ever prove the opposite? How can I trust a company with such shady attitudes? And btw, they don't do it with their "acknowledged haters" only, even die hard MO fanboys' posts are affected as soon as there is the smallest sign of critisism.

Be sure I *never* will trust this company again, even if they would actually manage to get their stuff sorted (which alone meanwhile appears like pure sience fiction to me). Somehow I feel sorry for the game but surely not for the company. They get what they deserve.

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411
    Originally posted by picommander

Don't know about you but what really pisses me off are their forum moderators acting like fascists by simply deleting single posts but also whole threads without any further comment. 

Their "do not question/discuss moderator actions" rule certainly comes in handy, eh.

• psykobillypsykobilly Member Posts: 338

Don't know about you but what really pisses me off are their forum moderators acting like fascists by simply deleting single posts but also whole threads without any further comment. 

That's why we talk here... there is never any good discussion on MO forums any more... hasn't been for years.

• argiropargirop Member UncommonPosts: 300
    Originally posted by psykobilly

That's why we talk here... there is never any good discussion on MO forums any more... hasn't been for years.

My bann from official MO forums was supposed to be lifted at January 13 . The reason why i was banned was for serious trolling because i very pollitely asked Athanas in private tells to explain to me what is his job description as a GM since i didnt find it fit for him to remove several posts of mine in between a conversation i had with Sebastian Person right after Awakening went live and as usual it was crap. My bann ofc wasnt lifted as was supposed to and when i linked my 2nd paid account to the forums (never used it untill then) because i didnt want to ask them to do what they are supposed to, i got reported for multiaccounting and got my second account banned aswell. When i asked from customer care service to lift my bann they told me that they will not cause most of my posts are negative for SV. When i asked for the employee his credentials to report him after several minutes of silence he replied smt of the kind "dont try to grief me" and he ended the session. 

Its pathetic actually cause i never used MO forums to flame or anything similar but it seems that they simply cant handle the criticism or they simply think that they arent obligated to give straight answers to straight questions to people that supported them for years.

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411
    ..and people still wonder why those who been around for some time hate SV and their shady strategies.
  • HodoHodo Member Posts: 542

The sad thing is, SV taught me something.

Never buy a game that I havent played first.

So if there is no free trial or a F2P option I wont pay for it anymore. 

So much crap, so little quality.

• ShyaticShyatic Member Posts: 41
    Originally posted by Hodo

The sad thing is, SV taught me something.

Never buy a game that I havent played first.

So if there is no free trial or a F2P option I wont pay for it anymore. 

If you note now -- lots of companies are following in the SV model. Release a paid beta of a shitty game and when it comes to launch, who cares? Look at WarZ for a perfect example -- and sadly SV is the pinnacle of this terrible programming, WarZ made it onto Steam and then got pulled. So even if MO made it onto Steam by some miracle, it would get shortly pulled by people getting screwed over.

The biggest benefit we can have from this whole mess is to show SV close down, Sebastian and Henrik never get a job in the gaming world again, and at least we can say look -- crime doesn't pay. Realistically it would have happened a long time ago, had it not been for Henrik's dad funding the game development. The company can't stand on its own, it needs a sugar daddy to keep it afloat. 

• MassivelyDaveMassivelyDave Member Posts: 4
    Originally posted by Slapshot1188

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/the-biggest-catch-fishing-event.85103/#post-1466411

XanthusCommunity Manager

I would like to give a special thanks to all who Participated in "The Biggest Catch" Fishing Event. Here is a list of who participated:

Pinkfloyd
    Eisenulf
    Ermo
    Onapul

Now for the results of the event! Participants had the possibility fo winning in 4 seperate categories.

Category: Biggest catch in one go during the time allotted
    Winner: Onapul( 3600 Blue Squirt)

Category: Most species during the time.
    Winner: Ermo, Total: 7 Different Species (Herbeus, Calxfish, Laake, Brown Clam, Gutta, Giant Gutta, Water Scorpion)

Category: Most fish in total during time.
    Winner: Onapul, Total: 3659 (3600 Blue Squirt, 39 Herbeus, 20 Gutta)

Category: fastest to reach the specific spicies: ( Trudis, Laake, and Red Squilla ).
    Winner: None of the Participants won this category

I know the population isn't high but still.. 4 participants for an "event" they started hyping on Feb 7th?

I'd say the new CM isn't exactly off to a great start...

ahaha thanks for the laugh.  The bit in red is the best part. 

• AnubisanAnubisan Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

I love how the OP conveniently forgets to mention the fact that the area where this fishing event was being held was absolutely packed with people to the point where the server had to be restarted. It's not like there were just four people standing around chatting with the GM and nothing else going on around them... Yes, perhaps only four people PARTICIPATED in the fishing competition, but there were MANY other people present... including quite a bit of PvP nearby.

But of course it is silly for me to expect certain individuals on this forum to cast anything other than a negative light on anything they post about this game...

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Originally posted by Anubisan

I love how the OP conveniently forgets to mention the fact that the area where this fishing event was being held was absolutely packed with people to the point where the server had to be restarted. It's not like there were just four people standing around chatting with the GM and nothing else going on around them... Yes, perhaps only four people PARTICIPATED in the fishing competition, but there were MANY other people present... including quite a bit of PvP nearby.

But of course it is silly for me to expect certain individuals on this forum to cast anything other than a negative light on anything they post about this game...

Packed is quite a relative term when it comes to MO... is it not? :-)

The POINT is that SV and the new CM hyped this "event"  and got 4 people to participate.  So either, there was noone available to participate or noone cared about their big event...  either of which speak to exactly what I said in the OP... the CM is not off to a great start.

But on a side note.. I just have to ask.. who in their right mind would show up to WATCH people fish in a video game and not at least put a line in the water?  Fishing has been described as many things.. but it isn't exactly known as a spectator sport..."virtual fishing" even less so.  Still.. if you have screenshots of the hundreds of people packed around this "event" please do share them...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• GenadiGenadi Member UncommonPosts: 110

The server is restarted every day at least once. Not because Meduli was 'packed' as you put it but because they can't fix their broken game. Seriously the more crap you guys make up to defend this terrible game the worse it looks. I love how the fanbois conveniently forget to mention the facts.

• ShyaticShyatic Member Posts: 41

Honestly doesn't the server have to get restarted regardless, because of how badly the game is coded? I recall there is a thread that shows the server up down status and to make a statement that it was so overpacked and THAT'S why the server crashed is disingenuous at best.