Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Today ?

Game still only have a lvl 25 cap on there f2p ?

How many are playing this days ?

What server have the most players ?

Is the Chosen still a joke with 1h + shield / and still best with 2h ?

Comments

• ThelowThelow Member Posts: 149

Wasnt lvl cap 10 as trial?

2 servers, 1 US, 1 EU.

• NidwinNidwin Member Posts: 94

Level cap on free trial account is still 10 me thinks.

1 EU srerver Norn and 1 US server Badlands. I think Renald, Russian server is still up although but only our Russain bros and sisters could confirm it.

• Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386

im almost 100% positive that they have made no efforts to rebalance any of the classes.  Perhaps a slight nerf to bright wizard done ages ago.

Odd thing is that other warhammer game they advertise when you go to their website...you know that f2p moba...jut announced its closing all its servers.

So the question i have...what form of black magic are they using to keep WAR up and running?  Kind of obvious that they stopped developing the game long ago, perhaps keeping one guy on to do maintanence.

I never really like to see a game die, but this game is a rotting corpse...nothing is being done with it...its not doing well...and its not even fun to play at this point...not even the free t1.

Perhaps a month after the game launched they let everyone go and just kept the money they made from its overhype launch to keep the game running indefinately.

Also, i prefer p2p...its just better....when the developers are earning that sub by expanding content...which the developers here are not doing and havent done....so why the subscription?

My point is if a free moba game which has to cost near zero to run and develop further has to shut down...whats keeping this one up, or how long can it last in its current state as a p2p game that isnt being worked on and doesnt justify the sub?

• MorgarenMorgaren Member UncommonPosts: 397

Yeah, I really liked everything about this game except for the game.

I logged in cause I got 14 free days, and all my skills were gone, I had to rebuy them. My mount was gone, and I had 0 money, my account wasn't ever hacked, and if it was hacked, how did the sell my skills?

So they changed the skills (not that much) and took all my money and my mount, then when I get logged in "Have Fun" I can't really RvR cause I get left behind without a mount, and I have to grind tons of mobs to get my abilities back.....that I already bought before.

Screw Mythic

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652

i personally expect to see warhammer being shut down soon also , but they just did some sort of server upgrades that ended up causing them to give out like 10 free days of gametime and another golden writ to all subscribers. The game survives on only its very small playerbase of maybe about 2 or 3k people on the two servers. Once you leave tier 1 trial zones you notice the game is a ghost town until tier 3 rvr.

The upgrades to hardware on their servers makes me think they might be launching some sort of free to play soon , that and the last patch gave the ability to level lock your low level toons to gain extra realm points before you move on to the next tier.  Unless they are planning on either expanding the realm vs realm zones , or adding in a new pve expansion sometime soon , even the diehards will leave soon. I cannot see this game surviving even in a free to play setting without a constant update stream to the game to make it worthwhile . Right now the updates are TINY and they take like 2 to 3 months to get the next one with some even taking longer and there is just about zero communication from mythic with their community.

• CyborWolfTKCyborWolfTK Member Posts: 77
    Originally posted by Morgaren

Yeah, I really liked everything about this game except for the game.

I logged in cause I got 14 free days, and all my skills were gone, I had to rebuy them. My mount was gone, and I had 0 money, my account wasn't ever hacked, and if it was hacked, how did the sell my skills?

So they changed the skills (not that much) and took all my money and my mount, then when I get logged in "Have Fun" I can't really RvR cause I get left behind without a mount, and I have to grind tons of mobs to get my abilities back.....that I already bought before.

Screw Mythic

I'd wager that this is more the fault of E.A. then anything Mythic.

Most of the folks who made mythic have long since departed.

Personally, I thought WAR was a steaming pile, but I know some folks who said they liked it.

• HulluckHulluck Member UncommonPosts: 839
    Originally posted by cronius77

i personally expect to see warhammer being shut down soon also , but they just did some sort of server upgrades that ended up causing them to give out like 10 free days of gametime and another golden writ to all subscribers. The game survives on only its very small playerbase of maybe about 2 or 3k people on the two servers. Once you leave tier 1 trial zones you notice the game is a ghost town until tier 3 rvr.

The upgrades to hardware on their servers makes me think they might be launching some sort of free to play soon , that and the last patch gave the ability to level lock your low level toons to gain extra realm points before you move on to the next tier.  Unless they are planning on either expanding the realm vs realm zones , or adding in a new pve expansion sometime soon , even the diehards will leave soon. I cannot see this game surviving even in a free to play setting without a constant update stream to the game to make it worthwhile . Right now the updates are TINY and they take like 2 to 3 months to get the next one with some even taking longer and there is just about zero communication from mythic with their community.

T1 is even pretty much dead minus weekends at certain times.  Even then it's always one side camping the other.  As soon as one side even remotely starts to get the advantage more often than not  everyone just vanishes on the loosing side.  Not sure what's going on.  Cross realming or what?

Originally posted by Hulluck
    Originally posted by cronius77

T1 is even pretty much dead minus weekends at certain times.  Even then it's always one side camping the other.  As soon as one side even remotely starts to get the advantage more often than not  everyone just vanishes on the loosing side.  Not sure what's going on.  Cross realming or what?

most of it is cross realming on trial accounts because of the timer lock. But there is ways around the 8 hour lockout as Ive been able to skirt it myself in the past. Most of the people playing tier 1 realm vs realm trial accounts are ex war players that have no intention of going back and just play it for the simple twink pvp where they can curve stomp everyone else because of level locked old toughness and armor talismans.

• Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386

It was a great game during launch when t1-2 were packed, lots of people to PQ with, lots of people in battlegounds.

Once t3 hit, everyone figured out to rvr grind, it stopped being a pvp game and started being a base flipping rvr grind, that was what killed it...once every warband i was in for r3 said "no dont encounter them were going to this map instead"

when rvr did happen, it just wasnt designed with any thought.  the bases (forgive me ive forgotton what they were called, little castles or whatever) were just choke points that make rvr a bore for anyone but mages.  Classes were not very balanced either and you got maguses getting shunned fround groups and crappy dps and not really worth having.  Game became boring like this.

When i returned everything had changed.  This wasnt too long after launch. Everything between t1 and t3 was a ghost town, people ignored PQ, people who were t4 complained it wasnt fun or well planned out.  battleground were harder to find.

went back again when t1 went free...remember how fun it was i stopped by, it was active but so...i dunno...shallow in what i could do, and i knew what lay ahead if i decide to subscribe.  Made a free account, got maxed, couldnt figure out how i ever thought two zerg standoffs where brave people got picked off and the front lines never moved much was fun.

My last and final stop into the game, and its pretty much a dead game.  T1 was dead aside from what looked like afk renown farmers.  Not a single person between.  Chat silent, aside from gold farmers.  Forums are the same 5-10 people complaining, or goodbye threads.  Nothing...i mean nothing...has changed since launch. No content revisions, no real class balancing, not a single attempt to fix and revive.

Hell they havent even botherd to try to make the game f2p in some way.

From wow killer to dead...what a trip.  I dont advocate killing off a game ever.  or giving up and going all f2p...but...these guys are not even trying to earn their subscriptions....put this one out of its misery...or ATTEMPT to earn the $15 a month from your players.

Sadly the time to fix and revive ended i think back in 2009, perhaps 2010 at the latest.  They spend 2008-2013 doing...????...to fix the game, bring back players, earn their subscriptions.

Hell Darkfall had less players, and a smaller, less talented development team...was able to come out with DF:UW in that timeframe, and they are SLUGS with progress. Even with the origional DF they at least slapped together a pve expansion and added sea towers for added pvp....what has this game, made by a known game studio, backed by a financial giant done in that time?  Other than making t1 an unlimited trial?

the main problem also with warhammer and patches is you have idiots like fonzee over there moderating the forums and anyone who has something negative to say about the slackass devs the thread gets locked and deleted and she puts some smart remark in the comments where yours was before and was removed. Shes a trip shes a unpaid loser who spends 99% of her time moderating warhammer forums and not even doing a good job of it , she allows trolling and yelling at one another yet deletes anything bad to the devs.

People pay mythic money to play their game and its her and mythic themselves that have killed warhammer , even for a lot of vets because you cannot voice your opinion about how lazy the devs are there without it getting deleted. Mythic has no one to blame but themselves when they are all out of jobs soon and honestly me being from that area of virginia I could give two shits less if they lose their jobs houses and employment etc.  These guys have had multiple chances to turn warhammer online around , even with limited resources and staff they could of done 200% better than what they have done to date. These guys are a mismanaged dev team with no true leadership or direction there.

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    I heard this game has great PvE!