Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have drink, Let's be friends - Combat is not necessary in AoW

bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Back to my wine making farmer.

It's funny how different the world is for my Tangmen killer, and my Begger, farmer, wine maker. I've made a very dangerous world for my Tangmen. She has more enemies than she knows off, and I'm always looking over my back, and often looking for a target. A fight is never far off.

On my wine maker Chengdu is a beautiful place. Farming out in remote locations, listening to the birds and the leaves.(the sound in this game deserves an award.) Making an ass of him, stumbling around drunk and begging. 

There are atleast 10 different begging skills, probably many more. Each skill offers the other person a sack in exchange for silver. Depending on the skill, your character will go though special emotes where they say things like "I was rich once, and now I fall to beg," or "I'm starving and I may fall dead at your feet... take this please," all sorts of stuff. 

The person being begged has the option of giving the silver for the bag, or refusing. When the person refuses the bag, they punch/kick/ foot sweep the beggger lol, and the begger falls. If they accept, the bagger falls to his/her knees and thanks the person. The person gets the bag. The bag may contain any number of items. Items ranging for hp pills to really nice stuff from what I've heard. 

I was just begging outside of the bank in Chengdu. Drinking wine, stubling around, and doing silly emotes. I must have been punched 4 times, and given silver once. That's when I begged this Royal Gaurd. 

I went though a series of skills. First asking for money for gambling, falling to my knees telling him how hungry I was. Then proclaiming how I used to live in the suburbs and how I was a rich man. The Royal Gaurd eventually kick me in the stomach and I fell. When I got back up I spit my wine out in his direction. 

I must of pissed him off, because he turned red and slashed me. He beat me unconscious then ran off! lmao.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"

Comments

• AresPLAresPL Member UncommonPosts: 292
    use basic begging and these that You got first, begging skills taht are harder to get ask for more moneys, last one ask for 20L I think, so not many ppl will accept
  • EverketEverket Member UncommonPosts: 244
    That is pretty damn cool! Alas im in EU and I've heard the ping comes up to 600 :(
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Yeah, ping can be a real bugger. Try Leatrix Ping reduce .

My guild leader lives in London.  He hovers around 200+ with spikes a few times a day. Our guild has people from Austrial to Spain. I'm pretty sure every on uses leatrix. Idk how it does it, but it will cut your ping in half.

• JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880

So how does this work?

Can I make my main character just a silly character with stuff like this and crafting skills if I want, and never fight?

I looked at the site and read some guides on the forums but I couldn't make sense of the information in the context of the game, having not played it yet.

Originally posted by Justsomenoob

So how does this work?

Can I make my main character just a silly character with stuff like this and crafting skills if I want, and never fight?

I looked at the site and read some guides on the forums but I couldn't make sense of the information in the context of the game, having not played it yet.

Yep w/o question. Idk it's a role players dream. It just happens

• RamajamaRamajama Member UncommonPosts: 271

Yep, Ive been playing for couple of weeks - NA CBT release, and have to say, Ive been waiting for a game like this for a long time. It has some issues, especially being from EU, I do not see THAT many english speaking folks around (and also occasionally some ping issues) but no game breakers so far.

Absolutely the best part is that you can do plenty of stuff without actually fighting.

Harvesting, crafting, playing minigames (for crafting xp) or...my latest favourite, just jumping on top of the large buildings in the cities and trying to go as high as possible lol. The graphics are beatiful and seeing your sword-equipped toon triple jumping in the air and reaching crazy altitudes to have amazing view is suprisingly satisfying. 

Usually i dont avoid combat, i just do not have time for it lol, since i wanna lvl up my herbalist/musician/beggar skills for the 2-3 hrs each day I have after coming from work.

Ive played all the latest big or small MMORPGs the last 2-3 years - Vanguard was my favourite because of crafting so far. After trying out Age of Wushu, it got me because of all these activities you can do and so far the ingame economy feels that you can just harvest materials, sell them at one of the big city markets and make money that way if you want, without raising your sword.

For those that are not satisfied with any of the games currently, and looking also for SOME sandbox features, this game should definitely be on the tryout list.

• QuailmanQuailman Member Posts: 165
    Hehe I love spitting wine at people just to see their reactions! For some reason, most people don't like it. Go figure...image

Consume. Be silent. Die.

• RamajamaRamajama Member UncommonPosts: 271
    Originally posted by Quailman
    Hehe I love spitting wine at people just to see their reactions! For some reason, most people don't like it. Go figure...image

lol nobody spit on me so far, would be surprised certainly at first

@Ramajama ya jump and explore everywhere, You may find treasure chest with item starting random encounter or some npc
  • QuailmanQuailman Member Posts: 165
    Originally posted by AresPL
    @Ramajama ya jump and explore everywhere, You may find treasure chest with item starting random encounter or some npc

AresPL, did you start a new character on the NA server? I rescued a low level offline character with your name the other day. Or did someone steal your name?

Consume. Be silent. Die.

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709
    Originally posted by Quailman
    Originally posted by AresPL

AresPL, did you start a new character on the NA server? I rescued a low level offline character with your name the other day. Or did someone steal your name?

Been wondering the same thing, I've kidnapped a low level guy with that name at least 20 times, lol.

didnt want any noob to steal name and behave like d@#$ or scam others, made it at CB2 start,  ping most time is 603 :/

made it only to lvl10 as in chinese version each few months they wipe inactive chars under 6lvl

my friendly char  http://oi48.tinypic.com/166m24m.jpg

I saw someone say. "Nothing new in AoW"

lmfao.