Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Drow exclusivity and uncertainty of the control wizard at launch

13»

Comments

• AliGeniusAliGenius Member UncommonPosts: 32

Lets see.. you get a free game with a variety of options but that's not good enough. If you want allll the options, pay for them.

You are damn right if I payed 200 bucks for something as fleeting and temporal as that founders pack I would want some exclusivity to justify that.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by AliGenius

Lets see.. you get a free game with a variety of options but that's not good enough. If you want allll the options, pay for them.

You are damn right if I payed 200 bucks for something as fleeting and temporal as that founders pack I would want some exclusivity to justify that.

^ agreed

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281

We want it all.

We want it all for free!

and We want it all for free on rlease or the companys scum thats just out to nickle and dime us!

Seem to be the mantra of several of the posters in some of these threads (and not just for Neverwinter)

Odd that some of these posters (cough*Burnvet*cough) Have made it more then clear they hate cryptic and Neverwinter and have no plans to play or support the game in anyway, yet they keep expressing their disappointment that theres not more free stuff for them to play with at release.

The self entitled are very stronge these days i guess. Free or not some people are never happy unless they can complain/QQ.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

Menzo-Renegade is exclusive. 

Whats being dicussed is the basic Drow Race. So, while the decision did little to keep the Menzo-Renegade exclusive it did in turn upset a lot of people that wanted to play a normal Drow and yes, including those that spent $60 or so on the game (Not all, but it does appear to be a lot). 

But hey, it's better to ignore rational complaints and such and trumpet some "They want it all for free even though they spent money on the game as well"  mantra like a fool thinking you're making some point right?

Originally posted by GrayGhost79

Whats being dicussed is the basic Drow Race. So, while the decision did little to keep the Menzo-Renegade exclusive it did in turn upset a lot of people that wanted to play a normal Drow and yes, including those that spent $60 or so on the game (Not all, but it does appear to be a lot). 

But hey, it's better to ignore rational complaints and such and trumpet some "They want it all for free even though they spent money on the game as well"  mantra like a fool thinking you're making some point right?

main thing is i don't think there is anything differen't appearence wise between the two, so to make that backstory feel exclusive they went this route.. drow model looks pretty bad in this game imho anyway ill stick to tiefling and dwarves heh

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

main thing is i don't think there is anything differen't appearence wise between the two, so to make that backstory feel exclusive they went this route.. drow model looks pretty bad in this game imho anyway ill stick to tiefling and dwarves heh

I'm not interested in the drow myself lol. My son is, he's a Drizzt fan. He actually did a charge back on the $60 pack because they decided to hold the drow back for 2 months lol. 

Me personally, I'm in it for the foundry and nothing more and don't plan on spending a penny on the game if I can avoid it, not because I'm cheap, I'm just not a big fan of Cryptic or PW. 

Originally posted by Aerowyn

I'm not interested in the drow myself lol. My son is, he's a Drizzt fan. He actually did a charge back on the $60 pack because they decided to hold the drow back for 2 months lol. 

Me personally, I'm in it for the foundry and nothing more and don't plan on spending a penny on the game if I can avoid it, not because I'm cheap, I'm just not a big fan of Cryptic or PW. 

heh has he actually played drow in this game though? they look and run horrid haha anyway yea foundry is main reason i'm interested in the game as well although from my testing it does have some fun missions and dungeons.. in my testing i found it enjoyable enough to put down $60 for the founders pack but not the $200

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

I haven't been following this game much, which is weird seeing as I am an old school AD&Der...

but is 'control wizard' the actual name of the class?

Originally posted by Vesavius

I haven't been following this game much, which is weird seeing as I am an old school AD&Der...

yes

• AbloecAbloec Member CommonPosts: 315

Yes people are disappointed in not being able to play Drow for 60 days, this isn't a game breaker. Like I have said in an earlier post this is beta still, things are ALWAYS subject to change. Cryptic did something stupid and misrepresented the Hero's founder pack so they did the smart thing and did something to rectify it. People who bought the Hero's founder pack were lead to believe that the Menzo-Renegade was a seperate race when in fact it was just a background and new tattoos and such.

So to me theres 2 ways this is going to go.

1. They promised people that actually gave them 200 dollars for a package that had a race included they are going to convert the vanilla race into the Menzo, and work on building a new vanilla drow from scratch.

2. They are holding back the vanilla drow to allow the Hero founders the chance at exclusitivity with their founders.

I am betting more on the latter but who knows. Also if you want to approach this in a lore friendly development it makes more sense that there not be a lot of drow. This is not how I feel I am just stating it.

I personally am a Hero founder, I can understand the frustration from the people upset but I can also view this situation from Cryptics side. Shit happens, especially in alpha/beta I never approach a game believing everything that the developer has shown.

Damnant quod non intellegunt
  • evictonevicton Member Posts: 398
    Originally posted by Burntvet
    Originally posted by HorrorScope
    Originally posted by Burntvet
    Cryptic's manta: Why give something away when you can nickle and dime people for it later...

Sounds like most peoples mantra.

Perhaps I should have clarified a bit more: Why put in something (and perhaps say you are going to) when you can take it out before official launch and put it back in later for an extra charge. I wonder how much of that we'll be seeing here... Knowing Cryptic, I bet it will be significant. And I'll laugh like hell when they offer the "Rebel Drow" race 3-6 months from now for $20, despite what they have said.

Actually it'll prolly be "rebel drow" "scout drow" "explorer drow" all with there own exclusive piece of gear, which is tied to a set bonus so you'll need to buy all 3 to get the set bonus. The set bonus will most likely be very good and scale with level. Sold at $25 a piece or all three for $50 with the tagline 'get 3 for the price of 2 incredible deal'.

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959

ya basicly the way it supposedly going to break down is

5 classes with 3 sub classes in each

you pick a sub class and its what you play

i may not be entirely correct in terms but this is the basic lay out

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by Squeak69

ya basicly the way it supposedly going to break down is

5 classes with 3 sub classes in each

you pick a sub class and its what you play

i may not be entirely correct in terms but this is the basic lay out

Ouch... ok.

Thanks for the info anyhow.