Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild advertisements

Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386

Im seeing a new trend, typically it starts with one guild, its always the same guild, they advertise ever single sub forum and have member bump it.  Then others see, and soon you have several guild ads.

I find these annoying, and im sure im not the only one.  You go to the forums to discuss the game not some multi-game guild.

Is there anyway we can get these advertisements in the proper section so they dont appear on the top threads on every game forum.  If people need a guild and for whatever reason deem it necessary to use a 3rd party site for it, i know that theres a guild section on all the forums...is this not being used?  Or is the overview section of every game a commingle of all threads posted.

Regardless...im sick of seeing that same guild on every sub forum getting bumped by their members. I got nothing against guilds blindly advertsing on every game on this site, just think it shouldnt be mixed with actual game discussion. Some of these sub forums..its hard enough to find recent and relevent threads without a guild having members bump their threads to the top.

Comments

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

I seen the same thing they bumped threads in several differnt forums, adviertising hey were here.  Not only that some of htose threads were necro threads. 

• Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386

Well the one guild thats doing it EVERYWHERE....is now spawning lots of other guilds doing it thinking that its what the discusion threads are for.  Which is why i brought it up.

Give it a few months and youll have nothing but guild spam on these forums.

Lets stop it before it comes to that...put guild advertisements in their own subsections so people who want to use a 3rd party site to find a guild can do it properly.  Leave general discussion to discussions about the game.

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    If there's a spammed guild ad, then do report them so we can lok into it. However, sometimes games are multi-game so they don't have just one specific place to post their info. That still doesn't mean we want them to spam, so let us know if you see this happening.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]