Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What would appease disgruntled Elder Scrolls fans?

124»

Comments

• RyowulfRyowulf Member UncommonPosts: 664

"Hardly anyone wants to do side quest designed for a level 10 faction B player when they are a level 50 faction A player."

Yup, which is why you use a system like GW2 where you delevel. Now you can do the content and have some degree of challenge.

• ozmonoozmono Member UncommonPosts: 1,211
    Originally posted by Ryowulf

"Hardly anyone wants to do side quest designed for a level 10 faction B player when they are a level 50 faction A player."

Yup, which is why you use a system like GW2 where you delevel. Now you can do the content and have some degree of challenge.

Well I appreciate that you agree but I feel it prudent to point out that Elder Scrolls fans hated the fact that Oblivion had scaling to the extent they did so it's probably not an answer in this context.

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

Simple, what is PvP based on?  Combat.

What is the worst aspect of TES games? Combat.

Why do people like TES? Collecting dem books! Putting up dat shelf! Running around lost in the middle of nowhere and all of a sudden saying "That looks cool I'm gonna see what it is." Building a character in some weird way. 

Can TESO have all this? Maybe. PvP tends to bring the children who demand 100% balance. So while a "sneaky healer" might be fun to try, the moment something hurts pvp you'll start seeing nerfs until all the fun has been flushed down the toilet.

Anyway, I'm still going to try TESO, I'll just stay away from pvp and hope it stays away from me.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by ZigZags
    As a disgruntled TES fan I would be happy to learn that NONE of the zones or areas are Faction Locked. If they have BS borders and walls that make it technically impossible for opposing factions to explore...im out.

As opposed to actually switching to a 4 year old game to play another territory.

I'll take zoning and faction locks over having to wait 4 years in between single player games to get the same scope exploration as I do with 1 MMO.

Thanks for playing, I win!

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Originally posted by ozmono
    Originally posted by Ryowulf

Well I appreciate that you agree but I feel it prudent to point out that Elder Scrolls fans hated the fact that Oblivion had scaling to the extent they did so it's probably not an answer in this context.

True, I hated scaling. Actually don't like it in any game. what is the point of leveling if it's not necessary. It becomes something to do so you can have a number change. Oh, I understand that it's a bit more than that but not much in my eyes. If scaling is to be used I'd rather just not have any horizontal leveling and just some vertical system.

Hated Oblivion's system.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by PyrateLV

As a disgruntled ES fan, what would appease me?

Keep Cyrodiil as the PvP area. Keep the 3 Factions fighting for control of that specific area.

Remove the Race/Nationality lock on Factions. Let any Race join which ever Faction they choose with the choice to be Neutral. Open everything outside of Cyrodiil to all Races/Nationalities for PvE exploration.

And destroy the sense of community, realm pride and terretorial exoploitics which comes from a RvR based game patterened after DAoC.  Remove that and then you destroy RvR and you might as well not even have PvP then your back to being a WoW clone for the most part.  Thought we were past that mentality?  or so I thought, I dunno maybe people want to recreate a thousand WoW cloens every year.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096
    Originally posted by azzamasin
    Originally posted by PyrateLV

As a disgruntled ES fan, what would appease me?

Keep Cyrodiil as the PvP area. Keep the 3 Factions fighting for control of that specific area.

Remove the Race/Nationality lock on Factions. Let any Race join which ever Faction they choose with the choice to be Neutral. Open everything outside of Cyrodiil to all Races/Nationalities for PvE exploration.

And destroy the sense of community, realm pride and terretorial exoploitics which comes from a RvR based game patterened after DAoC.  Remove that and then you destroy RvR and you might as well not even have PvP then your back to being a WoW clone for the most part.  Thought we were past that mentality?  or so I thought, I dunno maybe people want to recreate a thousand WoW cloens every year.

Removing the Race/Nationality lock on Factions wont destroy realm pride. Didnt you see the first part where I said "Keep the 3 Faction PvP"? Join Faction. Fight for your Faction for control of Cyrodiil. Take PRIDE in that.

It also wont destroy any territorial exopolitics. Since Cyrodiil is the only area you can actually fight for. Actually I believe removing the lock would add to the territorial politics.

I also believe it would greatly add to the sense of community.

Nothing I said would make it any more of a WoW clone than it already is. In fact it would make it less of a clone of anything and make it what its supposed to be.

An ELDER SCROLLS game

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• Skooma2Skooma2 Member UncommonPosts: 697

If I have any of this wrong, just let me know:

As I understand it, any one character can only access 1/3 of the pve map.  Then it's either pvp in Cyrodiil, or roll an alt.    If that's way it is, I will just wait for TES 6.

Hedonismbot: Your latest performance was as delectable as dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams.

This discussion has been closed.