Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neocron FPS MMORPG is back from the dead!

kanechartkanechart Member UncommonPosts: 707

So I guess this be advertising but then again it's a MMORPG ugh trying to make excuses for posting this. SHUT UP AND LISTEN!

Neocron was one of the most unique MMORPG's to me anyways back in the day with more complex features and an amazing crafting system then most MMORPG's today! The game has a lot of issues and bugs but there is a new "Community Dev Team" who has finally published their first major patch and it was a pretty big success. Not only doing that they started a new server up that has peaked up to 500 players online at once. Most the time this is weekends and such but its been going pretty damn good.

What is the catch? Nothing the game is now 100% free no item malls nothing. Just a community that loves their game and wants you to play it or even give it a try! Downside for being such a complex game and being so old there was never really a tutorial system added. So I started doing a Lets Play Series for it to try to help new players out. I suck at it but hey I'm try my best!

So Neocron is a 10 year old FPS MMORPG with some pretty hardcore PVP. In the sense if you die you could lose items! The development of Neocron has been now handed over to a community dev team where a major patch was just released this past week fixing many many issues in Neocron. Not only that but Neocron is now 100% free!

If you are a gamer who can get over the older Graphics and love FPS games and RPG elements with probably one the best crafting systems in MMO's then I suggest you check out Neocron. Once again Neocron is not for the faint of heart its a pretty grindy game but at least vs closing your eyes and spamming 1-9 you are actually fighting in FPS.

Here is a great guide getting you started playing Neocron:
Getting in Game - Your Definitive Guide
(Please note that Windows Vista, 7, 8 Users should install the game to their C:UsersPublic folder as you will run into many permission issues down the road.)

I hope you guys enjoy this series and feel free to leave comments on my video with any questions and I or someone else from the Neocron community will be more then happy to try to assist you.

Neocron - Let's Play Series - Episode 1
Episodes 1 Recommended Links:
Character Classes
Profession Guides
World Map
Mr.Jones Missions
Jodo's Custom R.P.O.S.

Neocron - Let's Play Series - Episode 2
Episodes 2 Recommended Links:
Droner Starting Guide
Main Skills

Neocron - Let's Play Series - Episode 3
Episodes 3 Recommended Links:
Item Database - Drones
Neocron City Map

Neocron - Let's Play Series - Episode 4
Episodes 4 Recommended Links:
Mr Jones Rigger(Droner) Mission Guide

Please tell me what you think and Id love to hear some feedback!

SNIP

Comments

• kanechartkanechart Member UncommonPosts: 707
    Sorry I must made a title but its a community dev team now (the players) and there is no fees of any kind.

SNIP

• dimnikardimnikar Member Posts: 271

I remember following development of this game very closely, then suddenly I lost interest before I even played it.

Have no idea why.

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586
    Hmm I might have to check this out again. Tried it a few times over the years. Is it free to play?

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,416
    I'm not really a fan of pvp where you can lose items via death and such, I may steer clear of this.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

Originally posted by Siveria
    I'm not really a fan of pvp where you can lose items via death and such, I may steer clear of this.

Yeah I will agree a lot of people dislike that. Though this game is not as bad if your say a really bad trouble maker you will lose a lot of items during pvp with negative soulight. For a normal high soullight player I think its 1 item at most that drops in the belt. You also have special lock slot that your main and best weapon should be in and this way you never have to worry about lossing it.

It's not like Darkfall or Mortal Online where everything drops no matter what.

SNIP

• NiburuNiburu Member UncommonPosts: 402

lol carebear. Games like that usually highly support crafted items and such items are replaced fast. 

and if you dont lose something worth than dont wear it, basic economy

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

This is great game. Nice learning curve and is definately a break from the norm (or a step back to the golden age of gaming).

I had tons of fun playing this back in the day.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
    Crafting is always in demand in Neocron. Pretty much because the higher skills you have in crafting the better quallity the items ends up becoming. But the really nice part of neocron is that you also can get 0-5 slots on a item to mod it. So overall people are always in need of a good crafter. 

One the nice parts of being a lower population game that you can easily make a name for yourself but the population is not to low where there is nothing to do. It has a nice balance and since being totaly free and new dev team things just been pretty damn fun.

Only if less things were coming out this year I could focus more on just playing it.

SNIP

• YalexyYalexy Member UncommonPosts: 1,058

If only there was a good studio to make Neocron³.

A studio like CCP developing and releasing Neocron³ would be totally awesome.

Originally posted by Yalexy

If only there was a good studio to make Neocron³.

A studio like CCP developing and releasing Neocron³ would be totally awesome.

Yes and Know... You say if there was a good studio. So do you feel that Neocron 10 years old was a bad game? Because saying you want someone else to dev would be saying just that. It also would not be Neocron. Be their vision. 

SNIP

• YalexyYalexy Member UncommonPosts: 1,058

Originally posted by kanechart
    Originally posted by Yalexy If only there was a good studio to make Neocron³. A studio like CCP developing and releasing Neocron³ would be totally awesome.
    Yes and Know... You say if there was a good studio. So do you feel that Neocron 10 years old was a bad game? Because saying you want someone else to dev would be saying just that. It also would not be Neocron. Be their vision. 

Reakktor had good ideas, but they never made the game really work. It was and is until this date a buggy mess. All that Neocron needed back then was polishing and Reakktor simply didn't do it.

That's why I'm hoping for a better developer to grab the idea of Neocron and make Neocron³ happening.

• DoomtecDoomtec Member Posts: 32

Been back to playing this for a week now. Some of the classic bugs (many from NC1) still exist, but overall it is quite smooth and a LOT of fun.

The game is far more "carebear" than I remember though....seems that almost all of the penalties for having an LE (the chip that exempts you from PVP) are gone now. Game seems a little different without the constant danger.

But the new Devs ARE releasing patches...the game is actually back on track.

Yes...I registered just to post that I'm STOKED to have Neocron back!

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542

Really you dont have to worry about PvP much in this game.   I have played Neocron2 off and on for the past few years, and I only have ONE toon who was able to pvp and even then I didnt deal with it much unless I left the city.    Stay in the higher sec areas and you wont ever see PvP.  

So much crap, so little quality.

• PrayrPrayr Member UncommonPosts: 267

It is working... just DL'd it, installed, patched, and my account from 3 years ago is still valid... come check it out!!

http://www.neocron-game.com/