Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best PVP? GW2 or something else?

124»

Comments

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Dakekarr

Ok...

Went and Bought GW2......

Couldn't be happier. The Dynamic events alone just feel like a huge breath of fresh air, and all the voice dialogue? Beautiful. Love it. I know this thread started as a PVP thread, but I never mentioned im huge into lore and care put into the content, tons of that seen in GW2 AND theres still the pvp to look forward to at the end game. Which we all know could change completely a month from now. 

AND no Sub? I'm satisfied. 

glad you are having fun!.. you can always message me "Aerowyn" ingame if you need a hand in anything:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• KraylorKraylor Member Posts: 94
    Originally posted by cjtign

The Secret World by Funcom hands down ever since the last 1.4 and 1.5 patches. Its got it all Pvp system that matters, can gear and level up entirely through pvp, 3 open world areas for pvp, 3 separate persistant pvp zines called fusang battlegroup A-C which is a lot like RvR in DAoC or colony zone in Knight online.

Has a bunch of minigames, capture the flag, King of the hill....

Cabal wars/ladder every month, monthly duel tournaments with prizes

Upcoming patches 1.7-1.8 will include PvP Dungeons and a new owPVP Event.

Also has a lot of fun pvp missions

You are not choosing your words carefully here.  

1.  There is NO open world PvP in TSW.  Fight clubs are instanced and I never saw anyone in them.

2.  There is 1 persistant pvp zone, and that is Fusang

3.  You state "a bunch of mini games".....2 isn't considered a bunch.  Stonehenge and El Dorado.

4.  The cabal wars and duel tournies are player supported, not an in game feature

To sum up TSW PvP:

1.  3 instanced pvp zones

2.  No world pvp

This is as close to purposely misleading people as I've ever seen.

Waiting on: The Repopulation

• VaporsVapors Member UncommonPosts: 407
    Originally posted by umie214
    despite gw2's flaws, no other mmo's comes even close when it comes to pvp. it's the best we've got atm. 

are you trolling him or something? Pvp in gw2 is a joke and everyone knows it, it can't be more casual and easy.

Every level 3 guy (pve) can start doing battlegrounds and rape everyone by just reading skills once...

Imo best pvp game with pvp world is Age of Conan, and Tera nothing comes close to atm.

Originally posted by Vapors
    despite gw2's flaws, no other mmo's comes even close when it comes to pvp. it's the best we've got atm. 

are you trolling him or something? Pvp in gw2 is a joke and everyone knows it, it can't be more casual and easy.

Every level 3 guy (pve) can start doing battlegrounds and rape everyone by just reading skills once...

Imo best pvp game with pvp world is Age of Conan, and Tera nothing comes close to atm.

doesn't sound like you know much about gw2 pvp at all.. you can start sPVP(battlegrounds) as soon as you make a character and get out of the starter tutorial so level 2.. which levels you to 80 and gives you access to best stat gear and all abilities unlocked so everyone is on an even playing field in that respect but you will get smoked until you get good at the combat.. but the fun pvp imho is WvW which is completely seperate from sPVP. sPVP is fun just needs more combat modes

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Yes I do know that WvW can't come close to Warhammer or daoc, RvR since you have to walk 30 minutes until you arrive anywhere. And you actually can forget single pvp there or small group pvp.

Since the OP asked for world pvp gw2 is just the complete wrong way to go, its more Tera and aoc which are both f2p, and gives a much higher possibilty to live your pvp live in a mmo.

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870

If you are getting raped by level 3 players then maybe pvp games aren't for you.  If you are the level 3 doing the raping, then you are showing that you have some skill in which in that case how can you say the game is a joke and not the players being raped?

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

Yes I do know that WvW can't come close to Warhammer or daoc, RvR since you have to walk 30 minutes until you arrive anywhere. And you actually can forget single pvp there or small group pvp.

Since the OP asked for world pvp gw2 is just the complete wrong way to go, its more Tera and aoc which are both f2p, and gives a much higher possibilty to live your pvp live in a mmo.

OP already bought gw2 as you can see a page back.. but WvW is very much open world pvp(as WvW is basically it's own world in itself) as you can level from 2-80 just in WvW.. but yes if you want pvp in the same area as general questing and have to deal with gankers and grievers then gw2 pvp is not what you are looking for.

• StanlyStankoStanlyStanko Member UncommonPosts: 270

lol

Not even a necro'd thread is safe...

Originally posted by rodingo

If you are getting raped by level 3 players then maybe pvp games aren't for you.  If you are the level 3 doing the raping, then you are showing that you have some skill in which in that case how can you say the game is a joke and not the players being raped?

Yes sorry my comment was bit over the limit, but things like calling gw2 the best pvp out right now, makes me blind and angry. It makes me feel like the person is just ignorant or trolling...

• snoop101snoop101 Member UncommonPosts: 400

I know the OP already bought GW2 and I think for what hes looking for he made a good decission. Plus if he wants to take a break he doesent have to feel like hes waisting money on a sub every month.

With that said I really need to mention Perpetuum again.

My first MMO was DAOC when it first came out and I can truly say that I had so much fun doing PvP in Perpetuum.

I played eve for a while and lived in a worm hole so really other then protecting are hole I never really did PvP in Eve, but in Perpetuum it was just about every day.

Best thing you can do in Perpetuum is join a good guild (its been a while but i think there called something else) and enjoy. I was with a great group of people that were allianced with a russion group on the same island. If we needed help they were there for us and visa versa. We would get a group of 5 small bots (which is easy to get) and go on a zerg run to other islands. Picking off any enemy we came across. Might sound blah to some, but those small zergs would prompt all out wars and man I had some amazing wars. Electronic warfare in Perpetuum is very fun and can help the battle a lot. I guess what im trying to say is that its a game that doesent make you skill for a year before you are ready to PvP. 

Now on the flip side I found the PvE side of things enjoyable. I used to do alot of harvesting and they did a great job of it.