Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Well, I am really actually enjoying it....

VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Yeah, the questing to level up is linear, but the combat makes it fun for me.

Yeah, it uses quest hubs, but they to me are way more fun than GW2's system.

Yeah, it is Korean, but I personally really enjoy that style.

It's combat is fun, it's races are distinct and enjoyable, it's world is stunning.

So Far? TERA is a  blast.

Not looking for a super long thread here or anything, just expressing the fact that this is the most fun I have had in a MMORPG for a long time.

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Also really enjoying the game and its still my best mmo of 2012.
  • itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999
    i enjoyed it while i played it (at launch) and i only left because it was a lil grindy in the 50s.  i think it's very close to being a super MMO.  i agree about the races, classes and scenery really being off the charts.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Keep in mind that there are sometimes alternate areas where you can level.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • RingsideRingside Member UncommonPosts: 249

After serious attempts to have fun with other games. GW2 DF:uw , WoW mop

I think i might come back to this title. Last time i left because there was no reason to pvp and because only way to get your gear enchanted was to do dongeons till your eyes bleed and you had to win the roll them you had to spend golds you had to farm then you had a lot of chance to fail the attempt of enchanting. This grind was what killed it for me.

Did they improve the end game somehow?

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    i love the art.. but my issue aside from the horrible questing was the classes.. nothing made myself feel like i was standing out from the next slayer or berserker just not enough variety in builds..not to mention being stuck with a single weapon type was a huge turn off 

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by Sovrath

This is one of the key factors people need to remember. The game is not really that linear if you travel and quest in areas that you find enjoyable.

• jinxxed0jinxxed0 Member UncommonPosts: 841

Yeah, this is probably the best of the newer MMOs which isn't saying anything since it's like comparing a shiney rock to piles of crap.

The combat system alone is fun but it doesn't give most a reason to keep playing. It's way too linear in everything, not just quests. Everyone gets the same weapons and the same armor depending on class type, the same locations, the same story, etc.

Also, I wish MMO devs would just stop with these stupid main story lines that makes everyone esentially the same person. The person that is the best and is the chosen hero etc. These stories are mediocre anyway and wouldn't hold up at all compared to single player game stories. GW2 should be an example of how not to make an MMO. TERA on the other hand only has it's combat that keeps it from being just as bad as GW2. It's 95% single player but somehow manages to be less anti-social than GW2 which is a good thing.

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

Glad you found a game you like^^

I agree with the artwork...game looks pretty nice. Just questing in PvE is soooo boring for me... specially at lvl40-60...

I might take sometime to finish leveling my toon anyday soon,left it at lvl 52 long time ago...

But i´m already struggling trying to find time to play GW2,The Secret World,Path of Exile...and now Tera...

Uff....

imageimageimage

• Rider071Rider071 Member Posts: 318
    I agree, the game has far surpassed my expectations, and the True Action Combat system is really different in a refreshing way.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I came back right before the F2P launch and subbed. I am really having a lot of fun and I'm actually going to get to the cap finally,currently 55. But this is honestly the most fun I've had in such a long time.
  • Reas43Reas43 Member Posts: 297
    Since I got my Village Atlas, XP and Quester's XP buffs for Elite . . .  quests have been remarkably more convenient than they were as a subscriber.  Been taking my time reading the quest texts and they're not that bad at all. 
  • hmulasmajichmulasmajic Member Posts: 27

Two things.

I bought this game a long time ago. refunded it before release.

The crosshair is annoying and pointless, and adds nothing to the game because this game doesn't require accuracy even though there is a crosshair it makes no difference.

Does of God of War need a crosshair? Does Devil May Cry need one? No. You don't need to put a crosshair in an action MMORPG. Just look at Blade and Soul, they did it right.

Second, one weapon per class. Enough said, boring. ONE weapon FOREVER. It is mind-numbing.

Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Originally posted by Mannish

This is one of the key factors people need to remember. The game is not really that linear if you travel and quest in areas that you find enjoyable.

That's good to know.  It does feel a bit guided in spots, but I'm still low level (23).  I'll look around a bit more.

Yea, it opens up as you get high level.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by hmulasmajic

Two things.

I bought this game a long time ago. refunded it before release.

The crosshair is annoying and pointless, and adds nothing to the game because this game doesn't require accuracy even though there is a crosshair it makes no difference.

Does of God of War need a crosshair? Does Devil May Cry need one? No. You don't need to put a crosshair in an action MMORPG. Just look at Blade and Soul, they did it right.

Second, one weapon per class. Enough said, boring. ONE weapon FOREVER. It is mind-numbing.

once you get around 30+ is when the one weapon thing really got to me then the fact i didn't really have anyway to make my character feel unique just don't feel the glyph system adds enough to customize your class.. then once you get 40+ and roll an alt when you get tired of playing the exact same role the exact same way for the last couple weeks/months the repetativeness and the dull questing really sticks out... really shame too because the art direction is wonderfull. Maybe they will expand on the skill/weapons someday and add more variety to it..

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• evdaezevdaez Member UncommonPosts: 131

lol i played tera continuosly on my 2 rest days, the last game that made me obsessed was d3. Played on Tera eu, ishara pvp svr as a mystic. One good thing bout this game is that i need to rely on other people to complete BAMs as well as dungeon. Some may say that instance matchmaking finder does the job but i found that doing the old school way of spamming LFG, area chat does the job faster(friendlist full of tanks btw).

Whereas in wow i could just que RDF and solo quest myself to 90, tera does things differently in a way that i appreciate. I love playing with people, be it in pve or pvp. To be frank , the questing is kinda boring, i jst skipped reading the quest text lol.  Forgot to mentioned that there are 3 things which makes the game fun for me: (1) outlaw players (2) duelling (3) dungeons

(1) outlaw players: these bastards will  usually gank me while im questing be it on the field or near the quest hubs forcin me to  take a break and engage in some `action`. Its not that mystic can really kill(main dps skill on players are in the form of DOTs). 

(2)duelling: its because im playing a `gimped` class for pvp. I need to kite, need to cc, need to heal myself and be patient(my dots will take time to make a dent on enemy's hp)

(3)dungeons: because i dont need to use healium addon(im a rdruid in wow where in rdf hc my job is jst standing in one location spamming rejuv, wildgrowth, lifeblooms) and need to be on the constant move(need to lock on my titanic favor on 3 players).

Anyways, to all those who enjoyed this game, great(dont forget to add me eldaez on tera eu ishara svr), we can pt up for dungeons anytime and for those found this game is not for them: hope u guys found a better game. 

• Rider071Rider071 Member Posts: 318
    Originally posted by CMark
    [mod edit]

For the record, it's definitely noticed. and I second the observation.

One great thing about TERA, all targets render, amazing concept really.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    Originally posted by Rider071
    Originally posted by CMark
    [mod edit]

For the record, it's definitely noticed. and I second the observation.

One great thing about TERA, all targets render, amazing concept really.

Some people just hate it when other people are enjoying themselves in another game.......sigh.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290
    TERA is one of my favorite MMORPGs at the moment. Being Free to Play just makes it all that more appealing to play. The combat is addicting.
  • mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356

Due to IP block at EU servers I missed TERA in 2012, but now when it went F2P in US with no block finally gave it a try.

Played whole day, just couldnt stop. Best combat system ever and it really made the whole game fun for me. I didnt expect TERA to be my main MMO, but i had so much fun, that Im going to stay here for quite some time. Havent even seen dungeons yet and Ive heard they rock

• JenuvielJenuviel Member Posts: 960
    I really wanted to like it, but I've used a pretty specific keyboard/mouse setup for more than a decade now, and I just could not get used to Tera's controls. Even remapping did nothing to make it easier for me, unfortunately. That's really my own shortcoming rather than the game's, but there you go.
  • BigbadwlfBigbadwlf Member UncommonPosts: 117

There were a lot of barriers that prevented players from enjoying Tera at launch.  The classes were imbalanced, no PvP, obvious lack of content, and a subscription model forced comparisons between this and more polished games like Rift and WoW.  The main detractor however was all the GW2 hype and fanboys attacking every MMO under the sun.

Now that those players are silenced, and Tera has made improvements, it's clearly the best F2P game on the market.  I'm especially grateful because I was a huge fan of Tera and even I struggled to find enjoyment under all the drama.  But now I'm confident I found my new main MMO.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

I'm using the 'main road' for my main char (21 now), and for my alt I'll take the alternate routes, only to cach up once in a while with the main quest ;-)