Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not very encouraging...

KnaveSkyeKnaveSkye Member UncommonPosts: 137

The guys at Square Enix were kind enough to send me a beta code last week. Unfortunately, it told me that the code they sent me could not be redeemed because  "The code's region is inapplicable. You can only enter codes from the same region as your Square Enix account."

So I contacted them and this is what I got:

"Unfortunately as this account does not meet the requirements to be invited to the North Amercian Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta test, we will be unable to render any assistance with the issue you have reported."

Now, my account is North American, and I do in fact live in North America. I get the feeling they will not elaborate on why exactly my account is not eligible, or why I received a key in the first place if this is the case. 

This experience is certainly not helping the negative image already associated with this game and SE's support.

Comments

• SmoeySmoey Member UncommonPosts: 599
    Did you receive this as a legacy player or did you sign up? Are you sure you signed up with the correct lodestone?

(\ /) ?
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357
    If its an EU beta code it wont work with an NA account.

Make an EU account for the beta and there you go.
    Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Originally posted by Hyanmen

yep its just account based so make an eu account or vice versa

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by Raxeon

He has a NA account and a NA code and he's not being allowed to use it by the system, read the bloody OP.

• BigbadwlfBigbadwlf Member UncommonPosts: 117

No, he does not have an NA beta code, that's the point.  He either applied to the EU website by mistake or he got sent an EU code by mistake.

Either way the solution is to make a brand new Square Enix account and put EU as region and the code will work.

• vindirvindir Member UncommonPosts: 68
    Originally posted by KnaveSkye

The guys at Square Enix were kind enough to send me a beta code last week. Unfortunately, it told me that the code they sent me could not be redeemed because  "The code's region is inapplicable. You can only enter codes from the same region as your Square Enix account."

So I contacted them and this is what I got:

"Unfortunately as this account does not meet the requirements to be invited to the North Amercian Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta test, we will be unable to render any assistance with the issue you have reported."

Now, my account is North American, and I do in fact live in North America. I get the feeling they will not elaborate on why exactly my account is not eligible, or why I received a key in the first place if this is the case. 

This experience is certainly not helping the negative image already associated with this game and SE's support.

I have somethign similar. I have a NA account. I can sign in on it. It says my region is the America's. I go to the Square Enix support Centre and the http has the NA tag in it. At the top right f the page it has the members button. CLick on it and it sends me to https://na.square-enix.com/members  . Ok so far so good. I log in and I get directed and logged into the EU square members page. I cant change it. So I in essence have both a Square Enix NA account, and a Square Enix EU members account under the same email, password and name.

Could this be the same probelm the OP has.

Also, not trying to hijack the thread, anyone knwo how I can fix my issue?

• KnaveSkyeKnaveSkye Member UncommonPosts: 137
    Originally posted by Bigbadwlf

No, he does not have an NA beta code, that's the point.  He either applied to the EU website by mistake or he got sent an EU code by mistake.

Either way the solution is to make a brand new Square Enix account and put EU as region and the code will work.

Ok, so this was a direct response to my ticket that I will post again:

It specifically says north american beta test, and I am located in north america with a north america SE account. I am not legacy, just a person who signed up when they started taking applications. 

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Bigbadwlf No, he does not have an NA beta code, that's the point.  He either applied to the EU website by mistake or he got sent an EU code by mistake. Either way the solution is to make a brand new Square Enix account and put EU as region and the code will work.

It specifically says north american beta test, and I am located in north america with a north america SE account. I am not legacy, just a person who signed up when they started taking applications. 

It just says your not eligible. doesn't say anything about wrong region.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

Originally posted by Nitth

Originally posted by Bigbadwlf No, he does not have an NA beta code, that's the point.  He either applied to the EU website by mistake or he got sent an EU code by mistake. Either way the solution is to make a brand new Square Enix account and put EU as region and the code will work.

Exactly, it doesnt tell me anything. Which is why I am confused. Why send me a beta key if I am not eligible?

Well, i made an account and said I was in france....and it worked...so..I dont know. Will see if it actually works next beta event, but it does not change the fact that they messed up in the first place.
  • AlberelAlberel Member Posts: 1,121

Exactly, it doesnt tell me anything. Which is why I am confused. Why send me a beta key if I am not eligible?

The reason your NA account is not eligible is because you don't have an NA beta key. When you applied for beta you most likely applied via the EU site and thus got the wrong key. They won't help you because as far as they're concerned your NA account is not in the beta.

The fact that the key worked when you created a false EU account kinda proves it...

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357
    Surely they messed up here. No chance in hell you would have applied for the wrong region.

Lol
    Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

At first I read it as that SE personally sent the code, but I think he means he recieved an invite to the beta.

Anyway, check that your account is active your account has the correct email associated to your account and that it is a NA account.  I know it sounds dumb but you must have missed something as if you say the code is NA then you really shouldnt have a problem.  If everything is sound then SE have sent you a code not matching your region.

Only other reason I can think of which you have not made clear, is if you are not a previous Alpha tester or Legacy player then the code may not work and this maybe causing a generic message about regional account, and that the code maybe for phase 3.  I can only make assumptions on lack of information.

Originally posted by Alberel

The reason your NA account is not eligible is because you don't have an NA beta key. When you applied for beta you most likely applied via the EU site and thus got the wrong key. They won't help you because as far as they're concerned your NA account is not in the beta.

The fact that the key worked when you created a false EU account kinda proves it...

Ok, once more from the top:

This was a response from Square Enix.

They called it a North America Beta test, not me.

I am not arguing that it appears to be a EU key. 

• SmoeySmoey Member UncommonPosts: 599
    Surely they messed up here. No chance in hell you would have applied for the wrong region.

Lol

It's an easy thing to do as NA/UK both speak English... lol.

(\ /) ?
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

• ResertonReserton Member Posts: 52

That is just an auto responce based on what YOU told them.

Truth of the matter is YOU applied for the beta for the WRONG region. You are the one who messed up not them.

• AlberelAlberel Member Posts: 1,121

Let me guess, you sent in your support ticket using your NA account that doesn't have beta access? That's what their response refers to...

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030
    Originally posted by Dihoru
    Originally posted by Raxeon

He has a NA account and a NA code and he's not being allowed to use it by the system, read the bloody OP.

He never says once which region his code is from, which was the whole point of his problem.  He's in NA and has an NA account (the information we do know), but apparently his code doesn't match NA (the information we don't know.)  Thus the hypothesis that the code must be for EU.  What do you know, it was!